No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +15.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Event] Darkspace wallpaper.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author [Event] Darkspace wallpaper.
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-12 16:08   
He said "REMEMBER FOLKS IF YOU DECIDE TO CHANGE YOU ENTRY PLEASE CHANGE THE LINK IN YOUR FIRST ENTRY POST...
OTHERWISE THE JUDGES MIGHT ACCIDENTLY JUDGE THE WRONG ENTRY

thank you "

Or something like that.

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-12-12 19:27   
All right... after looking at all of these entries, I realized that people need to lighten up with these. Come on! The only great, funny entry I saw was Bad_Skeelz's, and that's to be expected with him! You people have just got to be funnier.

Granted, humour comes at the cost of "beautiness," so...... yeah. The funniest entries aren't always the best entries.

Then again, you can look at JackSwift's flash entry a--- oh, that's in the past! We have to move on, now......

So, behold, my entry! Created with the excellent program known as "MS Paint."

I, myself, set this as my desktop background... simply because I think it's awesome. Definitely beat out the wallpaper image I had from The Polar Express.

I hope Swifty doesn't enter anytime soon... he'll steal my thunder again.

Goto the website of Grimith
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-12 20:09   
Grim, that was the most utterly horrible desktop I have ever seen! What with the cheese being stolen and the S.W hitting planets... I've never seen a more horid thing in my life!

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-12-12 20:58   
I have to say this is one of my few internet moments where I just have to type out, "Lol." because I started laughing so hard......

......I feel so dirty......

whateverr
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-12 23:27   
all i can say is..

If staff wants "funny" paint created entries then they should specify that the contest is a joke..

Frankly, as someone who actually tries to create quality work, I'm insulted by some of the JUNK posted here and passed off as Wallpapers.

Tell you what, if any of those half-assed entries actually gets awarded you can count me out of future EVENT CONTESTS.

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-13 00:09   
In my opinion, this is a wallpaper contest, not a cartoon contest... granted, Grim's entry had me doubled over in my chair laughing, but when I think of wallpaper, I think of something pleasing to the eye, not the mind.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-13 00:32   
Quote:
Frankly, as someone who actually tries to create quality work, I'm insulted by some of the JUNK posted here and passed off as Wallpapers.

Tell you what, if any of those half-assed entries actually gets awarded you can count me out of future EVENT CONTESTS.

yea i missed the memo that "Fan Art" meant "Cartoon"

Email Meko
Spaceflower (Swe)
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-13 13:39   
Hmmmm ok here is my entry.. though i don't feel finished with it i do not know i i can find time to work on it, so.. here it is:

My wallpaper - 175kb

Edit1: a slight change

[ This Message was edited by: Spaceflower {Trainer}(Swe) on 2004-12-14 03:27 ]

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-13 13:50   
BTW, MsPaint Fan Art contest please!

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-12-13 16:34   
This is the point where I blink in confusion. Watch, now, because it's coming!

*blinks in confusion*

See!? Did you catch it?

...all right... moving on now...

Really, I'm not so confused as I am just... wondering. I knew that, when I set out to create the wallpaper, I most likely wasn't going to win anything. There's some high quality work in this thread, and before I even made the wallpaper, I looked through the thread and said to myself, "Wow. I think this contest may already be decided."

Yeah. Some are that good.

I can't speak for everyone that uses the almighty MSPaint, but what I can say is that my entries are made in humour. Maybe my pictures aren't in "as high of a quality," but I try to make the art I create hold some meaning. In my personal opinions, the looks of something aren't as important as the image behind the work. People could spend hours... days... weeks... months... years... a lifetime making something that looks on the outside so beautiful, but for what? Not everyone is driven by a healthy or sensible reason, and some have none at all.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to judge. Just because it doesn't look like someone spent a lot of time on it or used a great program or because it included some humor does not mean it isn't quality work. Beauty, after all, is in the eye of the beholder, and what looks like junk to one person looks like treasure to another --- and vice versa.

That's all I have to say.

[ This Message was edited by: Grimith J. Reaper on 2004-12-13 16:35 ]

Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-13 18:39   
Quote:

On 2004-12-12 23:27, Dark Prophet {Absolut} wrote:
all i can say is..

If staff wants "funny" paint created entries then they should specify that the contest is a joke..

My apologies if my work doesn't match your qualifications for "quality work." Not all of us can hit 8 keys, go into photoshop and add two lines of text (and maybe clonestamp away the corner icons). Since I cannot play DS on either of my computers I have to be content with creating pictures in paint, which probably took me alot longer than it took you to edit a simple screenshot.

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-13 18:53   
Well bad_skeelz, that's GREAT using simple paint. I did not draw this from scratch but I didn't use photoshop either. This is my entry, made in MS Paint:

I believe in my art. It may not be handdrawn, but whenever I piece together a picture, I try to make it tell a story. You know what they say, "A picture is worth 1000 words." I think, "What is my picture going to be about?" And then, I start. My idea was to show a confrontation between the UGTO and ICC right before the battle.

[ This Message was edited by: Axalon{DSA-T} on 2004-12-13 18:57 ]

Email Axalon
whateverr
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-13 21:56   

Quote:

My apologies if my work doesn't match your qualifications for "quality work." Not all of us can hit 8 keys, go into photoshop and add two lines of text (and maybe clonestamp away the corner icons). Since I cannot play DS on either of my computers I have to be content with creating pictures in paint, which probably took me alot longer than it took you to edit a simple screenshot.

2 things.. one is it was alot more than pushing keys and i don't use clonestamps, it actually took more than an hour..

two is that you don't have to contribute... or if you want to contribute you can put it in the fan art forum if it isn't really a Wallpaper.. which it isn't.

Nevermind quality for a second, but cluttering a page with objects may be a "picture" but not necessarily a "wallpaper"

Wallpapers, imo, are intended to be used on a desktop and therefore can't be soo busy they hinder opening windows and make placeing Icons and shortcuts on the desktop a pain in the ass.

another thing, these should be offered on the website, even none winning ones, as downloads to the public... they should represent the game.

now i wasn't attacking you or the other paint ppl, it was of "wtf?" and whoever posted about adding "humor" to these..

not every event contest should be funny or looking for funny, because it makes the whole event contest thing a joke.

Yeah i may not be the most talented person but i spent alot of time making mine look like a "alt+t" screenshot when it actually wasn't one, and i know alot of ppl put there best into something they'd not be embarassed or ashamed to have on the download page for any passer by to download and think "wow i like this, and the game looks interesting i think i'll try it"

i'm not knocking the humor mspaint stuff, but it has it's place and i don't think it's on this thread.

what provoked me to write what i wrote was Weden's taking of an ancient daily screenshot and scribbleing "ICC>KLUTH" across it, i mean wtf was that?

if all you can do is use mspaint, i know you can make something that better fits the purpose of this contest than a picture of stuff trying to tell a story when the image is intended to serve a purpose

think about it

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-13 23:30   
ok heres the two sides.

"Just cuase we dont use photoshop and our pictures are funny as apposed to pretty, why are they bad?"

and

"This is about wallpapers that people would actually use, and wallpapers are generally good looking."

Well heres my thoughts.

• Wallpapers Are suppost to be good looking, not MSpaint hash hacks.
  • Wallpapers that are downloadable to the public should be good looking as to attract people
  • This is a contest for images made to get ppl who dont know anything about the community.
  • The staff should make a MSpaint contest so ppl arnt exluded.
  • The staff should be really clear about requirements FNO

now plz, dont take it that i dont like the comics, cause i love them, but u dont scream and swear in church do you?

Email Meko
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-14 04:15   
ok so my internet doesnt like the edit button (thats wierd.)

so i apologize for the double post.

However, even with all my bitching and complaining, i cant help but enter the contest

sorry internets gunna die so heres the link...

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/meko/PosterEvent.jpg 137k (approx.)

Email Meko
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.036988 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR