No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » 1.483 beta feedback
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author 1.483 beta feedback
Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-05 13:49   

1. SY ghost ship cloning

also note that i show up twice in the contacts list there, probably related to point B.

2. R - Target Nearest Friendly

targets self when no other friendlys around. might also target self even if there are friendlys nearby

3. Cloak changes
    cant tell if this is acutally a bug or just an unintended "feature"/"side effect". kluth ships can activate cloak after starting jump (including during jump alignment phase), entire fleets could thusly jump through enemy systems without so much as a blip on the radar.

energy drain seems just slightly excessive, perhaps drop it down to 20 instead of 25

4. Icons
    infantry ever going to get any luving? placeholder graphics arent exactly all the rage. faction specific build icons, also good idea, or at least give all builds their own icon, even just a little hammer/wrench deal

5. Misc.
    armor mount point for kluth fang and talon is 3.6 gu in front of the ship, well outside of the armor rings

unlimited jump fuel with amj, jumped my fang from proc14c to near durn (neutral), passed the star towards the p12 cluster, the backside of the star and back to 14c. 14c had one depot, return jump ended 1Kgu+ from 14c at full speed. jump fuel was resupplied through some means for the entire duration. tachy drive drains normally, unable to reproduce bug.

[ This Message was edited by: FireMoth on 2004-12-05 14:38 ]

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-12-05 16:37   
More feedback:

- special slot usage, ECM, ECCM and SENSORs can be used fine when cloak enabled, my signature is not changing
(possible abuse when using bombing in style:

- jump to planet
- fire bombs
- cloak
- enable ecms to cover bombs

not to mention usage of other special slot systems ...

uncloak needed for unload troops and recloak was less than 3 seconds ... (maybe 2) ... i doubt any weapon will be able hit Kluth ship in that short time, especially when Kluth ship is on full speed ...

[ This Message was edited by: Dwarden on 2004-12-05 16:39 ]

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-12-05 16:46   
The cloak shouldn't be able to be used when the ship is jumping and when a ship is firing a weapon or the weapon is charging. This could cause problems because you can uncloak shoot and cloak again until your weapons are ready to fire again.

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-12-05 17:33   
I'm able use also Jump Disrupting device when jumping OR when cloaked ... (that include also both cloaked and jumping as mentioned in first post:)

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-12-05 17:55   
I think that it should be impossible to orbit bomb. I could still orbit bomb with bio bombs.

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-12-05 18:18   
older problem, unable to set speed by 0.1 steps, it's like randomly choosing 0.2 - 0.5 values making hard e.g. manage speed like 0.1 or 0.2 ...

Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-05 18:46   
i can confirm the SY bug. switching ships will cause a ghost ship.
dont know if thats old or intended but you cant drop recourses on an nme planet.
oh and some old bugs are still there.
the aiming range for bombs doesnt work.
when detonating your torps ect. by shift-space the PD turns on/off. plz fix it so it will only detonate your stuff.
when u kill a ship all the torps ect. aimed at that ship will detonate. plz fix it so they will not detonate.
when the kluth cloakes its the same. missiles and stuff loose track and detonate.

thats it for now. for propper testing we would need a real battle situation.

good work Faustus

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-05 18:47   
the cloak needs a short timer on when you can recloak or be unable to cloak when weapons are being recharged

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-05 23:45   
i have tried this on a few ships from kluth and ugto only, i have no more time tonight to try more

so far all teh ships ive tried this on that have some limited firing arcs ( fore only, left only, right only etc ) youcan fire ALL your weapons at a point behind you that is behind and to the right. You can try this by targeting a point in space that is in range of your weapons and spinning till they all go green (ready to fire)

the arc that you can fire all your weapons in appears to be the right half of your aft arc.

Ships i have tried:

kluth:
drone engineer
drainer

ugto:
interceptor frigate ( note the IT missle on here could only fire in the fore arc )

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-12-06 00:51   
changed ships 5 times.....and had 6 of me in game showing on my map...5 in orbit at SY planet.....and me in ship I was using at the time......really wierd.but.......couldnt FF myself tho.......yeah...I tried.......just to make sure.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Mephiblo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-12-06 02:27   
Engine bug

Ships are able to increase velocity even when engines are disabled and or removed, velocity increases by .1 every 2 seconds for scouts, engineer ship, Frigates, extractor ship and the transport from ICC, UGTO and Kluth and each type of ship is able to move as if the engines were still active.

Unable to test any higher ships other than Midshipman.

Signature stays at the base level for each ship as well when the engines are disabled however energy does not regenerate like normal.

Other strange things.

There is also an unusually long pause when a ship is selected for the first time after joining a server. Using exactly the same config for both Darkspace and Darkspace Beta.

Also, the mouse cursor disappears in the ending screen for scenarios making it impossible to exit the screen without end tasking Darkspace. Has only occurred once so far. This could possibly be a crash after talking to BoBo who was the only other player in the server.

Second try it did not crash, however I was the only one on the server this time.

Third try did not crash however I was disconnected from the server almost immediately after the ending screen appeared, there was one other person in the server.

After finally being able to reconnect using the 'Quit' and 'Reconnect' dialogue box the screen first appeared like This however returned to normal after a ship was spawned.

[ This Message was edited by: Mephiblo on 2004-12-06 03:17 ]

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-12-06 05:56   
fyi the scouts allways had an huge jumping distance on the amj they are scouts surposed to be able to scout over long distances behind enemy lines, nothing new there.

you guys need to fly scouts more to know this

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Hellza - master
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-06 06:46   
Quote:

On 2004-12-05 16:46, Antdizzle wrote:
The cloak shouldn't be able to be used when the ship is jumping and when a ship is firing a weapon or the weapon is charging. This could cause problems because you can uncloak shoot and cloak again until your weapons are ready to fire again.

what if ya systems been fried and repairing.. the weapons recharge then too soo if we have fired systems we cant cloak?

Email Hellza - master
Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-12-06 15:09   
Simple, you get killed.

Hellza - master
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-06 17:58   
Quote:

On 2004-12-06 15:09, Antdizzle wrote:
Simple, you get killed.

so u r saying that one psi cannon at this busted up we cant cloak there for we die? it smells abit fishy to me if u ask

Email Hellza - master
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024657 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR