Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Developer Feedback: Forum placement
 Author Developer Feedback: Forum placement
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-30 12:09   
While it makes sense to have certain forums over here - Beta Testing Discussion, Contributed Code.. maybe Scripting... there's really no real reason to move the rest of these forums to the beta side.

All its done is make people start posting their suggestions in the General forum, which is kind of annoying.

And besides, the forums do not all, by definition, deal with Beta game code... I see no reason to leave them all over here.

Email Shigernafy
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2004-11-30 14:33   
Over here, suggestions don't get shot down in flames with insults and general spam. Most suggestions lead to accusations of whining and calls of "if you don't like it leave!".
I prefer it over here personally, ideas can be posted and the devs can reveiw them at their leisure, without having to trawl thru all the spam.
If people are keen to have input, one more hyperlink to click on won't stop them.

my 2creds

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-30 16:01   
I think, however, that you are one of about three people who know that these forums now reside here.

Plus, the link is part of the problem, in my mind.. as someone who cherishes order in the forums (ha!), the posting of Suggestions and links to suggestions in other forums bothers me; I'd prefer the Suggestions forum be available like it was before.

You do have a point about missing out on the casual flamer, who can't be bothered to come over here; however, I still think the Developers peruse threads when they're being flamed (I did, at least). It just provides more views on a subject, even if some of them are stupid.

It does make things a lot more clean. I guess this method keeps out those who don't want to put any effort into forum browsing...

I would ask for more opinions, but nobody else seems to know we're over here..

Email Shigernafy
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-30 16:14   
I'm also one that knows of the move over here. I think You should place a post within the other Release forums Letting them know they NEED to come over here to post there sugestions.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2004-11-30 21:09   
Hmm, well theres a few things that could be done, short of moving it back, to make it more accessible.

1) move the "network" object to the top of the list, maybe in between "latest news" and "latest topics". This seems a more intuitive place for it to go and it'll be easier to see.

2) Make the "Latest Topics" in the main forum display dev feedback too, just divert users here when they click.

3) Make the beta "latest topics" display in the main forum as "Lasest beta topics" underneath "Main forum topics". But this might take up to much room.

4) Or simply create 2 seperate forums. ie "Game feedback" in the main forum and "Feature requests" in the beta. I think they could serve very different but useful roles. The first being general "I don't like so and so feature because blah blah" and the second being more for "I've got a crazy idea for a new feature..." type thing.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-01 07:28   
i think more people know about this forum that are letting on.... *looks around*

i like the cleanlyness of this forum, but then again the lack of people aware could also just hinder it.

i think under "Latest topics" have a "Latest beta forum topics" with a little arrow. click the arrow and the menu expands.

also leave the current way to come over, because i discovered it when i was looking at "Top downloads" on the right.

and rather than making a new topic in the other forum ill tell ya here... i love the new website login thing. so much better than that popup. it makes the forum loading so much faster on this dinky modem.

Email Meko
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-01 14:42   
You could just put forums links on the other page.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-03 13:05   
I realize there are likely workarounds, but to me that's not really the point. I was dicussing the validity of having this forum over here at all.

In my mind, Suggestions belongs on the Release side of things: You're judging the game, analyzing needs, and suggesting changes.
On the beta side, you are talking about feature changes and/or bugs, and discussing possible changes to them, their worth, and so forth.

They are distinct to me. Its not that Beta shouldn't get a forum, or that we can't put a link for this forum somewhere, but I don't think it belongs here in the first place.

And, for that matter, having the Dev forum over here is kind of annoying as well - you'll notice its neglected lately, because its cumbersome and annoying to log in more than once just to view all the forums relating to your game of interest. In fact, I'm bouncing between three entirely different websites each day just for darkspace.. seems kind of ridiculous, to me.

But perhaps I'm in the minority...

Email Shigernafy
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2004-12-03 13:38   
Not that my opinion counts for anything, but I've actually come round to your way of seeing it Shig. "Developer feedback" should be as it implies, feedback on the release version and on the release side of the website.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-12-23 19:31   
um.......I just keep posting in the wrong forums.....lol
so ok......anyone wanna move it?

Email Fatal Command (CO)
New Name.
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-26 00:18   
I completely agree with you Shig. I was beginning to post in the little used forums (Czech, mainly), as I didn't know where this forum was, or how to get to it. I don't think many left do, actualy, know how to get over here. The point of posting in a public forum is to spark discussion of the topic at hand, and when you get the same three people posting, the ideas get rather stale, or disappear altogether.

Move it back, Bito

Page created in 0.019995 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR