No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » An idea on wormholes...
 Author An idea on wormholes...
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-29 01:11   
I was just thinking about wormholes...

Now in the past, several people have complained about the fact that ANYONE on the MV can view ANY wormhole created at ANY time. This is quite derogitory to many types of stealth invasions, and ruins the element of suprise.

My simple solution? Align wormholes to the faction that created them. The simplicity almost BOTHERS me. Just think about it a minute. This would solve the whole "everybody can see it" thing... as well as making wormholes more practical and useful.
I realise it'll never happen, as most suggestions arn't even looked at, but what the heck. Figgured I'd try

What do you think?

Proximity
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-29 01:18   
I think it's implausible and pointless... because how is the invasion a secret when as soon as you fly by an enemy planet they know your there anyways.

But I encourage ideas and suggestions

Email Proximity
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-29 01:59   
I think he has something Right now, SO I'd say step off your high horse and look at the idea once more. This is how i see this,

Faction a creates a wh into system x from z faction b is within that system and sees the wh. They look to the F2 screen and see that it is from system y controled by Faction a. Faction b then calls everone to that system and meets Faction a head on.

Now This is something i do EVERY time i hear someone say wh and that is to look at the F2 screen to see were it is and were it came from. Now IF ONLY the faction that made it can see it. That makes it harder to know from were it is from. We will know It is a enemy wh But will not know whos it is untill they start comming though it. I think that this will add another element into the game and NEEDS to be looked at carfuly and not tossed at the wayside.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-29 02:12   
Not a bad idea at all.. I say none the less, at least consider this idea as it would help the 'suprise' attacks be more "suprising".

Email Shippo
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-11-29 05:23   
I cuncur.... I do like the idea of not knowing what is coming through the Worm Hole Event Horizon..... gets the adrenaline flowing a bit knowing you are going to "General Quarters" and battle is about to happen...

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-29 05:49   
Bu Dui!

bad idea bad idea....

why thy say?

well. every faction can see the flash of a torpedo, no matter who fired it right? (assuming your close enough).

everyfaction can see stars right? and planets? and other celestial phenomina.

well then why would all factions see a worm hole? becuase its a celestial phenominon, Started by a machine, but that doesnt matter, becuase its still an object so powerfull you can see it across a system with the naked eye.

Also, if your gunna go for the whole "stealth" bit, then get your but from point A to point B with the tach drive. thats stealthy.

i mean common, u cant have the fastest way to travel (instantanious) also be the most silent way to travel. thats just not how things work.

Email Meko
Majin Buu
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2004-11-29 06:59   
If you want where the WHs orgin is to not be known, just don't look at the damn F2 map when you see a WH

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-11-29 09:16   
I kinda agree with the above comments.... I mean you should be able to see the Worm Hole Event Horizon in a particular Sector/Planetary Area but not be able to see where it came from.... just not know whats on the other side....

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-29 13:14   
It's a massive release of energy and a gigantic distortion in space-time, of course it should be detectable.

You don't have to use it you know... lazy people.

Email Tbone
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-29 14:23   
Quote:

On 2004-11-29 09:16, Fatal Rocko Willis *CAPT* wrote:
I kinda agree with the above comments.... I mean you should be able to see the Worm Hole Event Horizon in a particular Sector/Planetary Area but not be able to see where it came from.... just not know whats on the other side....

Rocko

Thats what I mean though. See the wormhole, not the origin.

Page created in 0.019005 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR