Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Getting rid of dx 9
 Author Getting rid of dx 9
Peachy
1st Rear Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2004-11-25 18:34   
I've heard that my vid card or vid driver may not be compatible with dx9. I have a pretty crappy machine. I think this is leading to the problems i am having with most games on my machine, freezes, slowdowns etc.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to get rid and roll back to dx8. I tried a prog dxbuster but it needs an xp installation disc and for some reason wont recognise my ps manufacturers preloaded os disc.

Any help would be good, also if anybody else has tried this or will try it let me know how you get on.

Thanks

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-25 18:59   
What vid card/driver do you have?

Peachy
1st Rear Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2004-11-25 19:04   
its a sis 650, ive heard contradictory info, so im still unsure if dx 9 is the problem. Just thought id tinker and see if i can get ds back to its old self on my pc.

currently downloading new sis driver so ill see if that makes a difference.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-25 19:18   
Yeh i'd recomend the following

Update GFX card drivers
Update motherboard drivers
Check for spyware/virus'/trojans

Peachy
1st Rear Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2004-11-25 19:20   
Thanks back, ive installed an updated card driver, going into test. Ill try motherboard tommorow.

Failing that its gonna be a reformat and try dx 8.

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-25 21:41   
You cannot uninstall ANY version of dirext X. Once installed, unless you are running xp or win me, you will have to reformat and reinstall windows. Windows xp and ME users can rollback their system prior to Dirext X install or upgrade.

KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-25 22:12   
never say never
There are several tools to uninstall DirectX 9.0, such as DirectX Uninstall, Happy Uninstaller (uninstalls up to DX 9.0b only) and DirecX Erradicator. Just search the Google! This part is easy.

The real problem arrives when you want to re-install DirectX 9.0c again! Windows XP doesn't let you do it; it reports the necessary components are already in use, and they are! But, when you go to DXDIAG it reports Not Found, DirectX 8.0, 9.0 or 9.0b. So, why DXDIAG reports a different DX version? That's the Registry fault. So, all you have to do is to open Regedit (Start>Run>regedit) and look for HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/DirectX and replace the "version" key value to 04.09.0000.0904. That's it. Now, go to DXDIAG and check what's the reported DX version and click the Files tab to check if there are any problems. Good luck.

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-25 23:02   
Word of advice in the Registry editor..make a backup of it immediately if you plan on changing values. If you don't know what your doing, you can permanantly damage your system this way.. So, make sure you KNOW what your doing.

[ This Message was edited by: Shippo on 2004-11-25 23:04 ]

Email Shippo
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-25 23:04   
lmao... never say never huh....lol
Then why won't xp reinstall it then?... because those uninstallers will not remove all reg entrys causing windows xp to think that dx is still installed. I have not, to this moment, heard of an app that can successfuly uninstall dx back to the original state. IF you are capable to find these entrys in the reg and delete or change them then you might be on to something. But there are about 100 entries that dx creates in reg. And without knowing what data to change those keys back to... it is almost impossible unless you want to sit there for about 3 months.

But if anyone knows of an app that can SUCCESSFULY uninstall dx to the point before it was installed then let me know.

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-25 23:08   
Quote:

On 2004-11-25 22:12, Mister Kluth Baby Eater wrote:

The real problem arrives when you want to re-install DirectX 9.0c again! Windows XP doesn't let you do it; it reports the necessary components are already in use, and they are! But, when you go to DXDIAG it reports Not Found, DirectX 8.0, 9.0 or 9.0b. So, why DXDIAG reports a different DX version? That's the Registry fault. So, all you have to do is to open Regedit (Start>Run>regedit) and look for HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/DirectX and replace the "version" key value to 04.09.0000.0904. That's it. Now, go to DXDIAG and check what's the reported DX version and click the Files tab to check if there are any problems. Good luck.

Let me know if you experiance any problems down the road on that method

KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-26 00:33   
check out this site http://www.mdgx.com/dx.htm#MDX

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
Page created in 0.019196 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR