No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Was going to keep this private...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Was going to keep this private...
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-23 16:42   
Quote:
See no point in spreading personal life in a realm of fiction.

To put it simply, this place has become more then just a "realm of fiction." Playing and chatting with the same people for 3 to 4 years will do that.

And PK, be careful with your word choice

[ This Message was edited by: Tbone {The token bi guy} on 2004-11-23 16:43 ]

Email Tbone
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-23 16:44   
Azreal, Tbone just feels that he needed to tell someone (slap me if im wrong Tbone m8). I for one and HONOURED that he told us, he put that much trust and faith in us ALL, that requires HUGE ammounts of courage and bravery. I have always held Tbone high in my books, as a new player to the game, I followed him around a few times and he did teach me a few things, goodness knows if he remembers. The other incident concerning the other person, was totaly different (yes I was there). The manner of which it all came out etc.

I see no reason why anyone would have a problem with anyones sexuality or prefernce. But at the end of the day, it was those other people that created the problem, NOT the person that spoke about his sexuality.

Zorg
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-23 16:57   
You guys talking about that guy that put that gay pride tag on his name?

DSA-UGTO is looking for Players willing to teach or learn!

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-23 17:21   
*Gasps in horror!*

Just kidding... although I don't agree with that particular lifestyle, Tbone's still my bud

Email Bobamelius
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-23 18:20   
*Gideon keeps longing for a world in which nobody gives a rip what other people sexuality is, and nobody feels a need to share thier private habits with the public at large...*

Email Gideon
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-11-23 18:22   
Ahhh. But see? That is exactly the problem. 1. That maybe I DON"T WANNA KNOW??? 2. That regaurdless of how last time took place, before THAT was started, there were 3 or four happy subbs. Then 1 quit, and 2 or three I believe got the mod cannon and either quit or were banned.

Just think of it like this.
Would it be a big deal if I made a post and said that I am a happy heterosexual male, and for some reason I need to tell everyone? And would you still then feel SO HONORED that I shared that tid bit of myself with you?

Identify me as red.
Identify me as K'luth.
Identify me as Azreal, or Az.
But I don't need you to identify me with my sexuality.

Not attempting to change any minds. Not trying to offend. But maybe, just maybe, there are some folks who are offended by a topic like this. And I seriously thought/think that it is an inapproapriate discusion, considering the fact that there are people of all ages, races, religions, etc.

So. I'm not flaming. No need for you to flame me. But since he feels the need to inform everyone, then he must be willing as well to hear other opinions that would be contrary. And that would not be tolerated, and would become a big ugly flame war, wouldn't it?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
whateverr
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-23 18:28   
Quote:

On 2004-11-22 21:30, TF-72 {Absolut} wrote:
Hey Chaoz... did I ever tell you I think your cute?

WOAH TF!!! i'm WAY better looking than Chaoz jerk

Anywho! being one that has meet every type of person and one to stand up for almost all of them, (even to the point of being flamed here for it),
I'd just like to say i kinda thought so .. lol you'd ask "how?" well dunno exactly, but i tend to pick up on the littlest things in ppl and could likely say something profound and accurate about everyone here i've chatted to any length with

needless to say, i'm proud of you for making a move, and obviously i'm not bothered by it

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-23 18:35   
All I can ask is you try to understand why I felt the need to make this public and hope you can tolerate it (acceptance is nice, but I can work with tolerance). This has nothing to do with the game.

Email Tbone
Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2004-11-23 18:42   

Ps:Its just a joke.Everythings fine with me.

Zorg
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-23 18:46   
@Az the man is obviously integrated a lot more into this community then any other, and therefore felt the need to communicate what is probably a big thing in his life. Give him some slack.
Simple as that.

DSA-UGTO is looking for Players willing to teach or learn!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-23 19:06   
What Zorg said, most of us have known Tbone for a while/long time. While you may not, if he feels he needs/wants to tell us, why cant he?

He hasnt said anything against the RoC in the topic, if he did offend someone because they are homophobic or something, then it is that person who has the problem, not Tbone. Why should someone feel offended at the fact that Tbone would like to let us know. He could of kept that part of his life private from us, but hasnt. There is nothing wrong with that. Theres nothing graphic or descusting about it...if he wants to talk about it here, why cant he?

Back to what Zorg said (I hate calling you that Ben), Tbone is known by a lot of the community, and rather than /send etc...everyone he knows, he made a post about it...

I cant see why anyone could possibly have a problem with that...unless they have some sort of phobia about it, in that case, they can just go read another topic....

Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-23 19:32   

I must say, of all the people that I have had the priviledge of getting to know through this game, you are probably one of them that I least expected to be Bisexual. I always imagined you to be a family father of around 35 with all the joys of your life. Well, turned out the joys were a bit different.
That someone can find the courage to stand up for what they are or what they believe in is something that should always be admired. I say you need not be worried about the lack of selfassurance, for the reason of this thread is not to gain it. It is to show the world that you already have it.
About the whole part about things not changing, well, although some say thing will not change, they will... but mostly for you, you will no longer think for yourself what if I told him/her, you will instead live out this fictional life.
Some persons may change their attitude towards you, that is inevitable as Az so undelicatly put it, some may go away from you, others may join you, but most people will see through the mist of persecution that has been layed upon our eyes by thousands of years of religion and see the true man you are, the true person behind the screen and see what they may or may not have done wrong.

Azreal, your post in here is, though as i stated pior to this, undelicate, therefor it does not give Tbone a hint that there may be someone out there that do not like him now, it instead tells him that you yourself do not like him anymore. If you tried rephrasing it as to not seem so negative, it would help a lot, as symbolism in writing is harder to understand than in speaking....

Val

p.s. ahh... im not good at expressing myself in writing

Things have changed Tbone, but only for the better, i respect you now even more then before.

3 cheers for you mate.

Email Valerius{DK}
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-11-23 21:07   
how was I negative?? And I never ever implied anything other than ....well...apathy. Don't care. Never knew him, may one day, no opinion of him. that's negative. Geeze. This was my point before tho. A very DELICATE, yet negative, opinion, based not on his "coming out" or whatever, but on the validity of the topic for a forum discussion. And now I'm some kind of phobic? Or that I have dislike towards anyone based on what should be a personal matter?

Hmm. my gentle comments, and I'm a phobic? Seems that the fear isn't mine. I never stated my opinion on "that" subject. Nay, not even yet.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Proximity
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-24 01:48   
So the question is.... Do you think Brad Pit is hot?

Email Proximity
Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-24 02:02   
Thats alot better than how gothug came out and about 50000 times less scary. Your still my brother tbone always will be theres not to many other epeople i would rather sacrifice my ship and crew for.

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024770 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR