Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Planet Diversity Suggestion
 Author Planet Diversity Suggestion
Proximity
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-22 10:24   
I was thinking when I woke up this morning. How can the Metaverse become more unique?

Well it occurred to me... Planet Diversity.

What do I mean by this you may be thinking?

Right now every planet on the MV is governed by limitations and restrictions that are all the same. 32 infantry limit, 32 structure limit. What if you classified certain planet sizes or enviroments to have different limitations.

Perhaps even have certain planets on an individual basis have larger structure limits or infantry limits (IE: Home worlds).

I would also recommend customizing the value of a planet to be more of a prestiege value rather than a credit value based on different variables depending on what structures the planet has or the location of the planet - is it in a large planet cluster with other defending planets?

My reasoning for such a change would change the strategy of planet capturing. Instead of every planet being about the same. Each planet would involve unique tactics to capture, or require more ships to take. Also by adding prestiege values and having more difficult to capture planets it will mean more to take strategic planets away from the enemy.

What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

Email Proximity
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-22 10:27   
Gewd.

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-22 10:51   
I think that's an excelent idea. Darkspace could , like all games, use as much diversity as possible. Capturing planets is allways the same, and it would be nice to have a really hard battle capturing a homeworde with lots of defense/troops. It'll make the game a bit challenging

Good Idea!

Proximity
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-22 15:02   
You could also make the planets and systems in the core area of the faction stronger and less likely to revolt. This could be a system of loyalty. Then systems in the center of the MV would be more prone to becoming neutral and require more maintanance to remain a certian faction.

Email Proximity
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-22 17:37   
can you say, DS2?

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-22 20:09   
another idea is the longer an enemy fleet has a faction seiged (as in, the more of their usual territory they capture and hold against counter attacks, so if sol was surrounded as an example), the less defensive capabilities their home system will have (since theyd be trying to make a break in enemy lines, throwing a lot of troops at it), so u could slowly wear down enemy territory through attrition before invading

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-22 20:31   
I like this ideal as the current 32 limit for troops and buidling[ i think] is not enought. Some planets SHOULD be able to hold more trops and buildings BASED on there size, If there are habitable already is terrain, ice, AND some of the LARGER barren planets. This is just an idea so please no flamming it.

I also like the ideal of the Home system being able to hold more trops and defences on it and SHOULD have a more advanced defence systems on them than the others systems IE like a defence base IV's Were there is four point defence beams and four anti ship weapons. It would incress the objects a bit BUT it will incress the defence of home systems.

Also I'd like to see a weapons platform that can be placed around Jump gates for an added protection of home systems. These CAN ONLY be made in planets with Two Factorys, one shipyard, one startport and needs 110 research to be made. The weapons platform will have eccm and other ways to locate enimey ships from freandlys and have the firepower to in numbers fend off a invading fleet from using jumpgates to escape and enter the home systems for invasion.

Yes I do know there was weapon platforms before and I have no idea why there were removed. But With a Engineering Ship it can be made and then towed into place near a planet or jump gate. there should also Be a limits to how many platforms can be around a planet and around a jump gate. Also there might be a possablity to place a small interdictor field that once an incoming Enimey is detected and within rage of weapons and the feild it activates and starts to attack the unlucky ship.

Once more just tossing out ideals to you all. PLEASE PLEASE NO FLAMMING! ! ! ! thanks

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Proximity
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-22 20:56   
What does the big F think of this idea?

Email Proximity
Proximity
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-22 23:55   
bump

Email Proximity
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-23 19:22   
Quote:

On 2004-11-22 20:31, Vice Linna Yamazaka {Absolut} wrote:
I like this ideal as the current 32 limit for troops and buidling[ i think] is not enought. Some planets SHOULD be able to hold more trops and buildings BASED on there size, If there are habitable already is terrain, ice, AND some of the LARGER barren planets. This is just an idea so please no flamming it.

I also like the ideal of the Home system being able to hold more trops and defences on it and SHOULD have a more advanced defence systems on them than the others systems IE like a defence base IV's Were there is four point defence beams and four anti ship weapons. It would incress the objects a bit BUT it will incress the defence of home systems.

Also I'd like to see a weapons platform that can be placed around Jump gates for an added protection of home systems. These CAN ONLY be made in planets with Two Factorys, one shipyard, one startport and needs 110 research to be made. The weapons platform will have eccm and other ways to locate enimey ships from freandlys and have the firepower to in numbers fend off a invading fleet from using jumpgates to escape and enter the home systems for invasion.

Yes I do know there was weapon platforms before and I have no idea why there were removed. But With a Engineering Ship it can be made and then towed into place near a planet or jump gate. there should also Be a limits to how many platforms can be around a planet and around a jump gate. Also there might be a possablity to place a small interdictor field that once an incoming Enimey is detected and within rage of weapons and the feild it activates and starts to attack the unlucky ship.

Once more just tossing out ideals to you all. PLEASE PLEASE NO FLAMMING! ! ! ! thanks

BUMP ! !

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Page created in 0.025201 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR