No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » HOW LAME ARE YOU?!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author HOW LAME ARE YOU?!
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-23 21:33   
Quote:

On 2004-11-22 22:52, Feralwulf {just say no to Flux} wrote:

Also ask around. There are a few here that KNOW I could have destroyed them and didn't. In fact I have on many occasions TOLD them to "go get repairs and come back" or asked if The were outta ammo, and told them to go for supply.

I don't have a lot of kills. I don't Because I CHOOSE not to.

When you fight me if you have EARNED the kill you get it. If you flux me, or otherwise jump me when I can't defend myself ..........You have only earned the right to watch me SD. If I am unable to defend myself and unable to get away WHY should I feed you Prestige.

Sportsman like? UNsportsmanlike?

Which one am I?

Thugonomics, Which one am I?
Bito? What say you?
Banshee?
Fatal Command?
LostINN?
Supertrooper?
Grimith ?
Fornax?
Forseth?
Switchblade?
$yTHe?
Meko?
Sparkomatic?
Azreal?
Peachy?

I have fought and been killed by all of the above (and MANY more) on more than one occasion.

I have also had a chance to kill ALL of them at one time or another (but did not) and some didn't even know I saw them when they were drifting around deep space looking for a suppy.

I don't think any of them would call me Unsportsman like. They MAY call me other ........unsavory things But I doubt they would call me Unsportsmanlike.

Why I'm I not on this list? I reamber tangling with you when you were Raven hunting or some other time were we ended up fighting and slugging it out.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-23 21:34   
Quote:

On 2004-11-23 07:29, Dreadlock Holiday wrote:

Vice Linna Yamazaka:

Quote:
I have used SD in both the ways you have said. I've been jumped and SD to stop the four of five K'Luth that have jumped me from getting a kill. And I have also Set SD and flew toward crippled enimey ships in a atempt to take them with me. I have also killed a station in that manner, and with a low hull/armor dread. Though I have done the sd in the past to stop from being killed I have since stoped it and If they have me they have me. I accept the kill then go crying to my shipyard to get another ship to blast my killer, or die trying. But I have goten better now and no longer die as quickly as I used to.

This frankly, is the kind of person I want to play with. Man enough to admit he did abuse SD and man enough to stop doing it.

I will state one last time for those of you with comprehension difficulties and put it in quotes:

"My only problem with SD is people using it ONLY to deny another player the kill. "

Please could the devs comment on this? What was their intent when SD was implemented?

Dude I'm a female a She not a he. I have no joystick.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-23 22:05   
To Meko and Fornax : Thank you.

To Grimith Command Dread pilot (I think): I remember it. I often seek out those I consider to be among the best here at DS. You're an Uggie now but I have tangled with you more than once when you were ICC.

To Dreadlock: While I DO consider you to be one of the biggest fluxers around (and I KNOW ICC and UGTO do it too) I do admit that many have seemed to cut back on it and, I would not be shock if you are among those who have cut back.

As to the rest of my post "being about me" ; well yes it is. You posted about SDing being Lame. I SD. I am not ashamed of it. I consider myself to be one of MANY here who are both very sportsman like AND also happen to SD from time to time. I try my best to both have fun when I am in combat with someone and also make it fun for them. I won't however simply "give" someone a kill and easy Prestige (lag does that for me all too often).

As for you personally Dreadlock, I don't have anything against you, don't think I do, it was not what I meant to imply.

I just disagree with your opinion of SDing.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-23 22:25   
And Linna I believe you are now UGTO, and aside from Grimith I mentioned no UGTO

I can though.

Linna
TAZ
Virus
Nimala
Backslash
Ruff
Little Chaoz
Drafell
Aragorn
Zepher

Many others All 3 factions New players and Old alike.

I learn from these players (both new and old) I try my best to respect them, and to help when needed. In the MV we are 3 different factions and therefore enemies. In Dark Space, we are ONE, and all part of a family of sorts.

/me Hugs the entire Dark Space community.

now lets go fight

And Linna? I never hunted Raven. Have too much respect for them.

[ This Message was edited by: Feralwulf {just say no to Flux} on 2004-11-23 22:38 ]

Dreadlock Holiday
Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-24 13:22   
Fornax:

Quote:
but none agree with the primary premise that most SDing is 'Lame'

There was no premise. Merely an opinion and that wasn't it.

Quote:
Your original premise was rebutted and smashed flat with a rock.

This statement has little meaning as there was no premise.

There where some problems with my initial post and I recognised them. I have no problem with being wrong or being corrected. Taelron explained the prestige system and Darkprophet pointed out that SD also adds to your "killed score".

Quote:
Most are simply comments about personal experiences

I agree, these posts weren't particularly relevant to the discussion, but some were interesting.

Quote:
What I find interesting on this thread is, pretty much, nobody agreed with you

Not true. Spaceflower agreed with me and Rock and Linna expressed sentiments which coincide with my own, even if niether of them went so far as to call SD lame in the circumstances in which I state that it is.

Of those who disagreed/flamed me. The vast majority simply didn't understand or hadn't read what i'd said.

Lots of people flamed me for caring about my "kill" score. I don't, and never said I did. A perfect example of my case being misrepresented by one person and others jumping on the bandwagon.

I was flamed for apparently believing that using SD to inflict damage on another was lame. I however, clearly stated the opposite from the outset. Taelron's post is an example of that misunderstanding.

I stated my position as clearly and concisely as I can in my post prior to this one. I'm not going to repeat myself. If you think you can flatten it with a rock Fornax, feel free to try. I'm quite content to end the discussion here although I am still curious as to the devs intent when SD was implemented.

P.S

Sorry for assuming you were a bloke Linna No offense intended.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock Holiday on 2004-11-24 13:23 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock Holiday on 2004-11-24 13:31 ]

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-24 14:36   

On the whole I don't SD and I dont chase kills.

However I agree SD'ing *simply* to avoid a player getting a kill does happen and it is pretty lame, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-25 05:45   
When you SD you lose prestige, its thier loss...however, your real post should be about SY abuse, they hope in with a new dread when they are hurt and have NO penalty....Thats avoiding a kill with ZERO pres loss...

Anyway in 1.483 dreads are becoming expensive, so if you SD one, expect to lose alot me thinks..

p.s. I agree with you Fera, if they dont deserve the kill, dont give it too them.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {DSUKM} on 2004-11-25 06:12 ]

mousey
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-11-25 06:30   
/me rolls eyes, get over the hole SD...

Hellza - master
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-25 07:42   
all i am say is.. "WOW dudes, chill out man"

Email Hellza - master
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-25 07:49   
methinks we should let this one die.... (its at the top at the time of this post)

Email Meko
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.019875 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR