No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +49.3 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Latest Kluth exploit
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Latest Kluth exploit
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-19 20:09   
Your Adv Carrier is a match for our BC.
Your Clav is better than our BC
Your ships do more damage
Your ships have auto-repair (dont even think about the "AR is crap" arguement because I have logs that get that thrown out of the window and into the "bullcrap" bin)
Ganglia has TWO reload slots
Your destroyers AND cruisers ALL have the power of a dreadnaught rivaling the ICC and UGTO (powermanagement? jump out like WE have too).
Your Elf is like a some sort of uber-hoover. My ead went from 83 energy to 0 from someone using just TWO.
You can mount flux (UGTO only weapon)
You have the piercer (can fly at FULL speed WITH dictor on)
Ultimate Supply might aswell be UBER Supply

The list goes on and on....

YES UGTO and ICC both have a few unfairness's, but its nothing compaired to the K'Luth list....

and the most important part

You have MOST of the playerbase right now

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {DSUKM} on 2004-11-19 20:11 ]

Icefox
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-19 20:26   
Here's the skinny - this game is inherently flawed in that it allows for sabotage of friendly facilities by players working for other factions far too easily and it doesn't seem to have a system by which we can catch these people programmed in (logging or something). We're all in a bad situation here, balance is CLEARLY majorly messed up on ALL ends of the spectrum with all factions overpowered and underpowered in various fields, and it would behoove us ALL to stop pointing fingers, flaming, etc.

Before I get called a hypocrit, I know I've been a bit lippy at times myself. We ALL have tempers and I know that. But I'm just sayin'... lets try to calm down here and be realistic.

PS: This is addressed to whoever IS doing this - If you are sabotaging a faction for any reason, please STOP THIS. It is RUINING THIS GAME and you should be ashamed of yourselves. You're no better than those 11 year old idiots in non-MMO multiplayer gaming who use downloadable programs to hack and cheat against other players. Only you're actually twice the amateurs, as at least the 11 year olds had to go download special software, even if its not their own. Come on, have some class, and do things the skillful way.

[ This Message was edited by: Icefox on 2004-11-19 20:27 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-19 20:54   
For being new to this game, Icefox has a damn good mind set. I applaud you for the way you think.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-11-19 21:12   
And I'd applaude you if you followed his advice

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-19 21:50   
no one was scraping troops. this happens often when you bomb (no matter what faction). i think it happens when the racks put out fresh troops but all the bombs have not hit (time span in the 1 sec range). you will notice that when things are going on (and even when they are not) it takes a few seconds for the server to give you the right information.

so the first bombs hit. server sends info saying 16 troops remaning (racks put out fresh troops as soon as there is room). second bombs hit sever sends update now down to 7 troops. this happens in under a half sec in real life but it takes time for the info to get to you .

a better way to explain is first person online shooters. what you see and what the other players see are not quit the same thing. ever have the old "WTH? I WAS AROUND THE CORNER" when you get kiled? yes you were around the corner ON YOUR SCREEN. however do to the server haveing to update where you are in the game world to the player that killed you, you had not yet reched the corner.

........................................................................................................................

as for the ships.

UGTO
BC rocks. all round gun fire. it is one of my fav ships.

TC rocks. all round torp fire and cl's that make fast moveing ships dead.

BD rocks. all round gun fire and fighters.

EAD can stand toe to toe with any Luth dread and win. so many wepons you can nearly take out a destroyer in one hit (in fact i have takeing out and ICC bomber detroyer in one hit with the EAD). i whached Clint take out luth dreads one right after another (granted it was with my help as i was flying supply... another hint).

H-Supply ship rocks. mod it with rockes (the dumb fire ones) full heavy armor AME's and rip ships up (nothing like makeing a dread run from a supply to make your day).

all of the above ships have good alround fire and 4 qudrents of armor (turn the strong side into the emy and you have 4x the armor as luth ships. all UGTO ships have stronger hulls than Luth ships.

your bomber Cr is every bit as good as good as a clave (with better PD). the only down side is haveing to mod bios for them (the clave haveing one more bomb slot makes little to no difference. it all comes down to the nearve of the bomber and how close he is willing to get before turning).

command is the same as the advanced carrer. it is not the number of bombs that matter. what matters is the skill of the bomber. bio's, reload, 4 ecm's (to hide your ship if you need to run for repair). you can make good speed and keep your sig -0 if you kill 2 of 4 engines. keep the cl 1k's as they reload faster giveing better PD. load with troops and you are off on a one man capping mission.

Luth
all Cr suck. the wepons are up front makeing it very hard to get hits with out being hit.

all Luth dreads suck. true hit and run. get in fire 2 - 3 times get out.
gang - omg the gang has 2 reloads and the uber auto repair... it may be a little harder to kill but it has no sustanable fire power. all the wepons (but two missile/gun slots) are up front.
mandy - a weaker version of the siphon with 2 side monted rupters.
siphon - so many wepons you think you must be dreaming. 5 rupter 8 torp and 4 missile/gun slots. once again most of the wepons are up front. only one rupter 2 torps and 2 missile fire to the rear. jump in, fire alpha, fire torps, fire torps and it is time to leave. even if you have elf's to try and keep the power up you get out manuvered.

our distroyers are where its at. they are the power of a UGTO Cr in a smaller (therefore weaker) ship. the power system realy sucks and you must use elfs to stay in the fight and stay away from the cl's as much as posable. however to use the elfs you must come well within cl range to do so.

ultamate worker - hahahaha... only good if you cannt get a gang to run supply. at lest the gang can mount one ecm.

advanced carrer - you can under take on man bomber missions if you have good troops loaded and if you get a good hit the first time. more times than not it takes two bomb/drop to cap a planet.

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-19 22:30   
Thorium the best description I have heard yet of kluth ships.
And backy yes in some time zones kulth have the player numbers but in others it is the other way around.

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-11-19 23:45   
Like Friday nights. They suck. Too many old people, taking their wives out on the social security check dinner I guess. K'luth needs a younger player base. But wait! Then we may get some of those future ICC players.

Nah. At least the old K'luths can take Geritol and be back in the game on Saturday But those poor ICC nebies will still be ICC newbies.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-19 23:47   
Sorry.. had about enough of this.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011683 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR