No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Kluth style Eccm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Kluth style Eccm
Gone4Good
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-12 07:58   
well now this subject have grown all the way out of line i can just aswell respond

in large only things i mod human or / icc the sabots ar missiles it missiles sometimes flux cannon

thats it and i can live without them

and i rember when the kluth def bases was firing am torps that was awsome mabye we could get that back

Email Gone4Good
Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-12 13:03   
raglock your original post was about bio bombs and how you cant see them without mounting or building extra eccm.

and that you would like bios removed from the human faction

my question is this we have mirvs also do you think you can stop them under the same curcumstances probably not.

as someone said in a previous post, they and myself have come across a clavet bombing under an ecm cloak,
what i do is look for ecm rings or engine trails and manual target and fly through the rings or engine trail.

but imo no kluth dont need anymore special slots to mount eccm as it will only lead to kluth mounting more ecm instead. and it was an issuse back in 1.480 concerning kluth with ecm forts and extra ecm on their ships makeing the game unbalenced,

my 2 cents worth, well 1 cent really rest is for taxes

cassius

[ This Message was edited by: Cassius on 2004-11-12 13:05 ]

TAZ
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-12 13:21   
Heres my take on the subject. I will admit that I did not read every post in its intirity, however most of the posts here in my opinion are worthless drivel!! The fact is that every time one faction takes the tools it has been given and makes it work to thier advantage, another faction whines and complains about it!! Soon we will be throwing rocks out the cargo holds and someone will still whine that some faction has bigger rocks!!

My point is, its a game, its meant to be challenging, if we continually make it easier for one faction or the other, soon the challenge will be gone!!

Email TAZ   Goto the website of TAZ
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-11-12 14:09   
there can be no challange if you dont have anything to challange it with

if i could duck into an fast frigate to intercept a close range bio bomb attack i surly would

i for one thinks bombing overall on all factions is to easy.

but at most you can only get one with 2 disruptors for pd to shoot down the bombs (we all know how execelent those are for pd right ) and no spicial slot
if you actuly mean you can stopthis kind of attack i would realy want to hear it

btw why do this gets you soo cooked up ?you afraid kluth get to uber if they can defend their planets lol

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock on 2004-11-12 14:10 ]

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-12 14:29   
As Admbito started it with the (you can't be the best at everything) - you have to look at the impact of additional special slots BEYOND that of merely helping them to stop bombing.

Think what it'd do to fleet actions?

While I see your point, I think your fix may create many other (worse) problems.

But, there is no ship that can mount 7 ECM AND move.
My typical use is 5 on a Sensor Frigate.

Nax

Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-12 14:54   
OK just increase the speed of the bombs from 15 gu to 20 and decrease the range. Less bombs getting through or make it to where the bomber it self like other ships cant be on top of the bomb cloud they must either stay behind beside or out in front. And since the bombs spawn directly from the ship have the bombs activate 5 GU in front of the ship.

Email Beast
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-11-12 14:56   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal{=FI=} on 2004-11-12 16:19 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-12 15:15   
Yup it is true every single balance done by the DEV has favored the Human factions. ALL OF THEM!!!!

Email Beast
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-12 16:02   
And therefor it must be some huge conspiracy with its roots deep inside the Palestar management to drive the K'luth out of the fictional MetaVerse and deprive their own company of much needed funds. Right?

Email Tbone
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-11-12 16:06   
Well, gee... I hate to be the one to chip in the truth (being sarcastic > telling the truth), but I think that this topic got a bit away from what Ragglock originally intended. I suppose I'll try and organize everything...

Anyway, here is the general idea:

Ragglock wants a way to provide K'luth ships/planets (probably planets more than ships, since ships can't be around every planet) with ECCM or a detector of some sort so that bombers from the other factions can easily be spotted and stopped. I can't blame Ragglock for wanting this at all, and neither can the rest of you (well, you could, but I'd deem you as "ungifted in the mental department"). He wants to have a way to stop bloody ECM bombing.

Now, on the other hand, some people (like Bito, for one) pitched up the fact that giving K'luth ships more slots to deal with this would have a detrimental effect --- after all, if more K'luth ships can equip ECCM, they can equip more ECM, too. Granted, that doesn't answer the bit about bestowing upon K'luth planets better detectors as well, but, ehn. I don't know.

What I do know is that 1.483 (offhand, I think it should be like 1.49 or something, at LEAST. Big change, after all) is in the works right now, and it's going to drastically change a lot in the way of ships. The way most of DarkSpacians have been thinking just isn't working out... the changes that are being proposed are like fumbling in a large, spacious, dark manor with a torch. We don't know all of the changes that are coming up --- hell, not even the Devs can't predict all of what will occur before 1.483 hits the presses. It's just going to change a lot.

So, who knows what they have in store? Maybe this argument would be obsolete by the time 1.483 rolls around, due to changes and such. If it isn't, well, then it can be raised up again --- in another post, in another debate, in another thread about the addition of electronic warfare slots to K'luth ships or the modification of sensors that K'luth builds can create to be far more powerful than they are.

I think that solves everything. Wraps it all up nicely, eh?

The rest of the stuff that was discussed (even what I covered in my first post about other things), eh... well, it doesn't pertain to what this thread was really about (either that, or I thought it was rubbish --- and several posts were). Now, if I missed something, Ragglock (or those that posted in the opposing opinion), feel free to correct me --- I might just be thinking wrong, right now.

I presume that I've covered all that needs to be covered, though.

Goto the website of Grimith
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-12 16:43   
Not reading any replies I'll just say this....

Welcome to v1.483!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-11-12 17:11   
finaly somone did understand where i was going and not just trying to get some cheap sunshine out of it

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2004-11-12 17:24   
/me thinks back to the glory days of 1.480 when bombs and mines just weren't affected by ecm/eccm and scanners were actually useful.

Why was it changed? This whole mess stems from this change imo.

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2004-11-12 17:25 ]

CowboyFunk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-12 19:03   
yeah right... theyll mount reactors instead of ecm or eccm!

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-11-12 19:08   
Suppose this is the point where I tell you, CowboyFunk, that reactors as we know it will be obliterate when 1.483 rolls around, and so will special slots. There will be EW slots that'll fit ECM, ECCM, and Scanners... so... there'd be no plugging reactors in there.

Goto the website of Grimith
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020312 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR