No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Kluth style Eccm
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Kluth style Eccm
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-11-11 17:45   

would be nice if kluth kluth had a chance against the many ecm masked BIO bomb attacks

it kinda feels silly that a faction that have the stealth approch to to fighting or should have it need to Build 8 sensors on every planet to keep them from falling

could be solved the one of the following way

give more sppicial slots to kluth ships so we can mount more than 1 eccm

make spicial kluth bio bomb ddetection building or ship mounete sensor

take away the bio bombs from human fractions

spicial bio bomb pd device like the pulse beam on icc but only works against bio bombs

any other surgestions here

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-11 17:49   
Let me sum my feelings about this suggestion up in one word:

"Huh?"

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-11 17:56   
Your bomber has an ECM slot ....

wtf dude ? You can equip ECCM on any of your dreads...do the same as we do against you...

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-11-11 18:02   
let me explain futher

kluth have a real problem with intercepting bombing attackes done by bombers masked with 1 sensor scout (7Xecm) or more

we have to build huge amounts of sensor bases on single planets to stand this

this dont go good in line with we actuly should hide or be able to hide under planet blokades to repair when its larger forses that attacks

on most kluth ships we can only mount 1 eccm to hold this back

disruports suck at planet defence

so we actuly helpless overfor one well planed ecm bio bomb attack even with the skill i have at playing, i can just watch pop and inf die when you have nothing to counter it

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-11-11 18:10   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal{=FI=} on 2004-11-12 16:20 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-11 18:17   
So why should something be done against this?

Your Adv Carrier is pretty much unstopable...It gives us an advantage...why shunt it?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-11-11 18:43   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal{=FI=} on 2004-11-12 16:20 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-11 18:45   
Your whining about the kluth not being able to see bombs?

[Azrealmode]
SHUT YOUR HOLE YOU WHINEY IDIOT WE ARE JUST BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU
[/Azrealmode]

I believe something along the lines of....

What goes around, comes around

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {18 Today} on 2004-11-11 18:47 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-11-11 18:46   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal{=FI=} on 2004-11-12 16:21 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-11 18:49   
You're mixing issues. Ragg and Azreal had a legitimate complaint about lack of Electronic Warfare slots, and you turned it into a general K'luth balance discussion - or you seemed like you wanted to, though you only mentioned one ship in doing so.

Regardless of other faults within the faction, the original post was a legitimate one at least in theory; individual aspects like EW availability should be considered, and then worked into a fuller view of faction balance. It doesn't matter if there is something else broken affecting bombing, as that's just one more issue to look into - but a seperate issue.

(I don't feel I'm expressing myself well, but hopefull you get it..)

Email Shigernafy
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-11 18:53   
>1.483<

CleverCuts
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-11 19:05   
i think what Ragglock is saying is that as kluth's ships (exept one) have only got one special slot it makes it very hard to defend against ecm bombers. As an ICC player I would say yes to this sugestion/general-idea. And also would like to say that this points out a very important point about the kluth cloak (a very controversial piece of equipment to say the least).

Personally i think that the factions are balenced. well atleast very close to balenced, with MABEY kluth and ICC having a few real world advantages.

please understand that there probably isn't even enough space in PS' forums to fully disscuss the inner-workings of balence bettween the factions. There's just too many variables so don't bother!

Ok so i'm going to go off topic here a bit but here me out. This problem arises from the fact that cloak is VERY powerfull (see above, i think factions are balenced. No balence flame responces please) Meaning that the developers had to put in some kind of dissadvantage for kluth reguarding ecm. This resulted in kluth having only one special slot (stop me if i'm wrong) so:
Cloak = only special slot = bad eccm = bad ecm bombing def3nce.

another example is:
Auto repair = less hull and armour = kluth dreads don't do well against cruisers and dreads.

Basically what this illustrates is that if you introduce a drastic ship advantage then you also have to introduce a dramatic dissadvantage in order to balence it. And allthough this is GREAT for play diversity it does make some parts of the game very difficult to balence. And as we have seen, players will exploit these areas in order to get an advantage.
ok, so i'm even off my own off topic topic.

Basically i think that the cloak, allthough balenced, makes for VERY volatile gameplay, and i think that re-working it would make for a more stable playing field for the players, and for less troublesome job for the balencers of the game. not to mention decreasing the posibility of disastrous context specific dissadvantages when a new feature has been introduced.

Also i would like to say. As an ICC player that i miss being able to utilise ecm in normal battle scenarios aswell. This has been made near impossible due to the cloak. And well, i like the ecm game. not to mention that long range, ICC's (supposed) forte; calls apon ecm allmost as a prerequisit. (oops nearlly in the balence disscusion there ) And yes you are right, ICC could fight UGTO. But they don't. So no-one ever mods ECM, and becuase no-one ever mods ecm it is very difficult to get a fleet together to fight them.

So there you go, my answer is a resounding YES to your question "Do you think the sensors in the game need a complete reworking"

[ This Message was edited by: CleverCuts on 2004-11-11 19:15 ]

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-11 19:06   
I don't think this is the case, Ragglock. One faction cannot be good at all things. I'm not sure if this will help put it into perspective, but think of it as checks and balances. K'luth don't need a ship with more than 3 ECM slots, because there would be 2-3 players flying them, and an entire cloaked fleet unable to be seen, or bombing a planet, or some other scary, detrimental-to-the-human factions thing.

K'luth don't have good a good electronic warfare boat. They do not have great power management, though switching disruptors out ELF helps. A few cons. There are other pros that I'm sure you all know about. A faction cannot be good at everything (to repeat myself).

Bito

Puppies gotta die, too.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-11 19:09   
Quote:

On 2004-11-11 19:06, AdmBito wrote:
A faction cannot be good at everything.

Bito

nuff said ^^

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-11 19:10   
Not to put a damper on things, but since when did K'luth lose their ability to ram bombs?

Anything with that much ECM would be able to hide K'luth ships, and without cloak, the human ships engine trails are easily visible. Don't tell me K'luth can't target human ships with negative sig. Humans have had to manually target K'luth ships quite often. I'm sure K'luth pilots would find it easier with said engine trails and an actual visible hull to shoot at.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028382 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR