Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » EVE IS TAKING OVER PPLE!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author EVE IS TAKING OVER PPLE!
Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-09 01:30   
Well I got an email from game arena oh guess what I seen EVE!!! EVE EVE EVE that’s all I see now days!!! (N)

Come on Darkspace we need more players ... we need 2 get more reviews etc!!!! COME ON!!!!
I have only seen 2 reviews on DS back in 2001 with the open beta that’s it so come on!!!

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-09 01:38   
alot of ppl who play darkspace also play eve.

ITS AN ABONINATION!!!! we must find a way to advertise for DS!!! (once 483 comes out and lags all gone)

Email Meko
Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-09 01:41   
yeah once 483 is out i will see what i can do.. try and get a review onto game arena (Y)

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-11-09 02:35   
1.481 was supposed to be the version when everything changes. That didn't happen. I don't think 1.483 will be. This game will always stay small and there will never be enough money to advertise.

Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-09 02:43   
Yes true...
BUt ya never know..

i will see what i can do..

PS. MEKO GO ON MSN!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-09 03:12   
I was thinking of writing a player review of darskapce once 1.483 comes out and sending it into my local games magazine. Maybe Faust should contact some games magazines, as ours always lists the "whats new" and list of whats to come.

I have an old UK PCGAMER, which said how disapointed they where at the fact that blue byte canned the release in the UK, they said they where quite looking forward to it aswell...

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-09 03:17   
I know the reason why ppl dont come to darkspace!!!

Its cause we dont have a giant cinamatics team like blizzard!!
*looks around*

Email Meko
Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-09 03:44   
yeah evey one likes a good intro movie:P

[ This Message was edited by: Chubba [Yes 2 Flux] on 2004-11-09 03:45 ]

Sc0tTn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-09 04:55   
and maybe some good demo movies

Email Sc0tTn
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-11-09 05:09   
As far EVE goes .....

There is one reason why EVE does so much more better than DarkSpace. And because of that there are other reasons that derive from the main reason.

That reason is ..... Money

Yes ..... Money

Money allows many things as in the following. (which shall be addressed in a somewhat order but not saying which is more important)

#1 - Money allows basically unlimited advertising which unfortunatly DS cannot do. DS can only get advertisement via word of mouth and the odd small Internet Game Magizine write up. Eve has Poster, Game Magizine Ads, Free Demo's in said Game Magizine, Reveiws on Major Internet sites and so forth.

#2 - Money allows Mass production of software to put on store shelfs which in turn is somewhat refered to #1 since if a consumer sees it and it looks good and the guy who works behind the counter has played it and recommends it there is a very good chance of a purchous (good my spelling sucks today) and if the game has a full box and not just a jewel case there is a good chance of an impulse purchase which also adds to the Original Reason... Money....

#3 - Money allows a game to have ten's if not hundreds of programmers doing thier little collective parts, be it lead programmer or chat room programmer, to make a absolutly eye poping game that just rocks like a M-16 on Full-Auto everytime you pull the trigger or click your mouse (If your happy and you know it click you mouse! *click* *click*

#4 - Money allows for a support staff that is happy to help you at any given moment (now I know our dev team and others pipe up and help as much as they can when they can but they have other RL jobs) and a 800 # to call for tech help or at least a real human to chat with.

And IMO the most important reason .....

#5 - Money allows you to have top of the line equiptment to support the hordes of people that want to play your game. They allow you to have TONS of bandwidth and Servers that make most indie game designers mouths drool with envy.

In a nutshell it is money that drives the gaming world. Point in fact..

We currently have 21, 045 players registered with this game... but how many are actually subbed? A very small percentage I would suspect...

We need to get more people to subscribe to eleviate this money problem DS is having. Think about this..

If 21, 045 people subscribed for a 6 month term thats only $ 8.33 a month US (vice the $ 9.95 US per month that is a single month rate) the pay in would be stagering.

21,045 x $ 49.95 (for a 6 month sub [$ 8.33 US a month]) = $ 1,051,197.75 US!!!

But lets be real.. not everyone can afford to plunk down $ 49.95 US at one time... so lets look at $ 9.95 US for a one month subscription.

21,045 x $ 9.95 (for a 1 month sub) = $ 209,397.75 US every frelling month.

It is simple Economics folks.... Eve is kicking our collective player base butts becuase they have the Money to get the things they need no matter what that need may be.

I would like to say this before I give my final thought on this frelling EVE matter. I have played this game for a veeeeery long time (on two separate accounts) and I absolutly applaude the Big F and all the people (devs and such) that have put thier heart and soul into this game... IMHO I beleive this is one of the best MMPOG that are currently on the market BUT we as a player base are tieing (sp?) the Big F's hands here.. YES WE ARE!... We do not subscribe, which does not bring in money, which forces the games programmers to find OTHER jobs to support thier families and takes them away timewise from the game they so desperately love and bleed for, and then they have to hear us, the player base complain about how bad this and that is in the game and this game and that game is taking over.. which puts even MORE stress of the Programmers to hurry up and make the game better faster than they want to... makes them rush things into being before they are ready just to shut up the player base so they, the programmers, can actually take a breather from all the frelling whining.

Anyways I will say this one last thing....

To all who complain, whine, bitch, moan and groan about this and that about this game, or that game is taking over here or there listen to this!

Sit Down, Shut Up, Subscribe your ARSE, and once Faustus gets the Money from the Subs he can fix things and make the game FRELLING BETTER!

NUFF FRELLING SAID!

*fumes at all the people that have nothing better to do than DS bash*

Note: To whomever cares... I will place this game till it crashes into the ground... once I get back LOL

OK ready your flamethrowers and frelling FLAME AWAY... I get shot at soo its nothing big anyways...

Fatal Rocko Willis *Capt*
Currently Forward Deployed
Persian Gulf Theater of Operations

"Live from Iraq, It's Saturday Night!"

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-09 05:23   
yes,yes,yes we know ..
just saying u have 2 add 2 get players .. am willing 2 help out my trying 2 make Game arena have a review on DS am trying not bashing DS.
i have ony seen 2 reviews in Australia about DS back in 2001 with the open beta.

so am trying

Ozzyla
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-09 06:35   
Been there dont that....

EVE is boring.. unless you like minning and boring combat.

And the dudes that play arnt as cool as DS dudes!

Have played both now.... and im back at DS!

www.ozzyla.com

Oz

Goto the website of Ozzyla
Fatal Arkarian
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-09 09:00   
True, DS rocks.

I'm only unsubbed until my damn bank can fix my account.....I like using these things like fatal command......you people should sub.....cos at 10 bucks, which is only about 6 quid a month......thats really decent value......ICC rule......k'luth smell faintly of fish.....

TheBumble
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-11 03:40   
True, money is one of the mayor key's here

It is a bit "the cat bites the own tail"
As long, as "we" have few subscribers, we do not have the money to advertise as much as needed, the result is, we can not let the (paying) player-base grow as much as needed, so, we have not the money to...
you know what i mean

for the moment, everybody have to do his best to spread the messange -->there is a (very good) game, waiting for more who can separate the best from the good

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-11 05:02   
DarkSpace is the best game i'v ever played, I would love to see more people playing it.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026612 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR