Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A new Way to use Flux and truly balance it!!!!!
 Author A new Way to use Flux and truly balance it!!!!!
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-08 14:26   
Why not just give the flux wave to Stations as a defensive weopon?? Give it it,s own slot . Increase the Range but keep the HP value it does to systems.

This does 2 things.

1.It removes the jump and flux that alot of people do.

2. Giving it to stations only and increasing range will make some attackers think twice about taking a support station and those who do will pay a severe price.While possibly giving the Station that little edge they have lacked for a long time.

Note: At some point people need to except Flux is part of the game and deal with it . Always expect the unexpected it,s part of combat. I myself dont use flux. Sometimes I get fluxed by team mates sometimes by the enemy do I get mad yes but I also get fustrated when I lose a Ship.

Email Beast
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-08 14:31   
IMHO stations could do with something with a medium reach and a good area effect punch.. TARGETABLE. Something like a Tesla Coil, just in space, yknow

flux wave on a station sounds pretty silly seeing as it is bound to be surrounded by friendly ships, and if it's not, it should be dead anyhow

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-08 14:34   
people dont get within 250 gu of stations anyway...

and if thats going to happen...

put cloak, auto repair and elf only on your stations

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-08 15:56   
I like the idea of this BUT most staions are not alone, Eather thay have a planet at there backside or they have ships around them. BUT a longer reaching flux beam FOR STATIONS ONLY. May bring tham into being a worthwhile thing. Lets see what it ammounts to. Gid PLEASE look into this idea.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
whateverr
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-08 17:41   
The whole station needs recreated imo..

first.. stations are slow, i don't think stations need to fly through space at jump speeds though because... it.. just.. doesn't.. seem..right

but, vs bring back the Jdrive for stations, why not give them a second WH device...one that has the limited distance as a Jdrvie and the recharge rate..

everyone wants the jdrive, but honestly would it look right seeing a station fly by you at sublight speeds? they certainly don't look like they are designed for it, so a second WH device would allow you to get around like normal ships and keep things seemingly realistic..

Flux on stations.. not a good idea as the SUPPORT station is to support a fleet, flux kills everyone.. unless they make it enemy only flux then it's no good.. i do however think that the nature of a station leaves it to be defensive, i think torps should be pulled off stations and replaced with CL2Ks and the like, or something else defensive in nature ..

me and webstar were thinking of stuff we have already..
like air to air missiles, ones that target other missiles.. and DS has the pulse shield.. but it's ICC specific.. at anyrate stations should be uber defensive and piss poor offensive.. the ships that more around at high speeds should be somewhat balanced defense and offense

lets not forget fighters.. i think.. given the station's size it should hold either more fighters or more skilled fighters, i.e. fighters with more than one weapon like pulse or FLUX!! lmao.. not flux, but be more apt to defend the station anyway

thats all i can think of atm

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-08 17:50   
Does NONE of the player base THINK atall??

The DEV team...are RE-DOING the stations!
They are re-doing the weapons...

Untill such time as they HAVE done that, there is no bloody point in doing ANYTHING like this atall....

Plus...Flux on stations...are you CRAZY?

-Pojo
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-08 18:05   
Some people may just be, but does that stop them? Of course...if I wanted to hit the jackpot of friendly fire, I guess a flux station would be the boat to use...whoever would want that would be, as you said, crazy.

Email -Pojo
CowboyFunk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-08 21:15   
/me slaps the stupid idea...

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-08 21:27   
Crazy? ............I'm Crazy

As for the Flux. Well, Yeah I've been Fluxed by both friend and foe(been fluxed by Kluth, ICC, and UGTO too )

I Have no problem with flux as it is so much as I have a problem with the way it is used. (or abused as it were)

I will never claim to be the best combat pilot in DS Nor even one of the best, However I CAN hold my own in a one on one with any player here, and at times I fair well even against more than one. I enjoy the fight, win or lose , I enjoy it. I get absoultely ZERO pleasure from having my Brand new ship with 100% Hull and armor completely disabled and unable to fight. On the other side of that coin I also get ZERO pleasure from firing on a ship that is unable to fire back at me, and there are more than a few here that can tell you I COULD have destroyed them at some point, yet flew away instead and even TOLD them to go repair themselves.

Those who simply flux then pick away at a disabled ship shall get little prestige off me for my SDs have gone up tremendously since the Flux came back. I go in the MV looking for a fair fight.

.............................I defy the Fluxers to give me one. They CAN'T give anyone a fair fight probably.

No Combat skills has that effect on ya. If ya can't fight, ya flux ........ain't that right?

Come on fluxers! Take off the Flux and I'll TEACH ya how to fight.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-08 23:21   
no ferawulf... youll teach em how to Die

Email Meko
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-08 23:48   
Crazy No !!! Stations are alone more often then supported by combat. And the range I was thinking of flux on stations would be 300 to 400 with only 1 slot.

Another way is to just keep the flux with the utgo but.... I vote Kluth retaine the ame JD and drives oh yea lets make kluth fighters for kluth only. While I,m at it lets also remove armour from Kluth ships and give them there old cloak back and increase auto repair. Since you all are into that Kluth are organic how is it possible you can use our torps our psi and our fighters.???

My point is you can mount just as much flux as the next person or faction. If that Flux would give me a tactical advantage over my foe thats actually being a very smart pilot/ship captain. If your not mounting flux to help balance the situation then go crying about it in the forums then you deserve tobe fluxed. While I still dont use flux sometimes when I see someone complaining about it. It makes me want to use flux just to make there day even worse.

Email Beast
Sc0tTn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-09 05:11   
Quote:

On 2004-11-08 23:48, Evil Wevil[-GTN-] wrote:

Since you all are into that, Kluth are organic how is it possible you can use our torps ,our psi and our fighters.???

Good point

Email Sc0tTn
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-09 11:41   
Because humans can impliment the technology.

Says kluth use AM.

Humans just take the AM and stick it in a fusion/proton torp case. Humans can easily atapt to SOME kluth weapons. Execpt something thats obviously organic, I mean UGTO and ICC ships would require some VERY advanced nano tech to preform mass repairs on that scale.

KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-17 13:26   
i think that you should be allowed to use flux...just not stack them up like 8 on a kluth dread... *ehrem*

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-17 13:43   
Quote:

My point is you can mount just as much flux as the next person or faction.

*COUGH Siphon COUGH*

Page created in 0.025860 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR