No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +7.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » 2 small fx suggestions
 Author 2 small fx suggestions
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-02 09:59   
for the beta fx package

• CL beam source effect - loop the initial ripple/pulse effect for the duration of a cl beam's firing cylce

• Torpedo color - make ptorps a deeper/stonger shade of blue or make amtorps greener. both are a bit close to the same shade of teal

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-02 14:14   
I like them Doran , I have a few of my own, hope you dont mind me posting them?

Ftorps need an affect, I asked Gideon if warping can be done, but apparently Madusa couldnt do it. is there any other affect that the Ftorp could have?

Engine trails for bigger ships need to be bigger. The larger the mass of the ship, the more power to shift it, so why not make the trials a little more..."powerfull" if it can be done.

Planets a little more rounded, and maybe could actualy look like planets ?

[ This Message was edited by: Sir Headless BackSlash on 2004-11-02 14:15 ]

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-02 17:58   
How about getting rid of those one button killers??? (flux, elf) It kinda ruins gameplay just a little if I wanted to kill things with one shot I'd play space invaders.

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-02 18:06   
ELF one shot kill i wish .. all elf does to you is drain power and does no damage to hull or other systems .. it just drains power, so it is not a one shot kill

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-02 18:43   
This is a graphics suggestions thread...please dont turn it into a omg flux thread :/.

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-11-02 18:44   
Quote:

On 2004-11-02 18:06, ragAnok wrote:
ELF one shot kill i wish .. all elf does to you is drain power and does no damage to hull or other systems .. it just drains power, so it is not a one shot kill

It's a one-shot indirect killer! 'Cos ships need energy so the players can actually achieve something by breaking their space bar.

Goto the website of Grimith
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-02 19:19   
see, backslash knows whats up. the rest of yous... stop clutterin up mah threads you kneecaps

/me puts on the evil eyes

anyhoo getting back on topic

dictors/dictor bases - was thinking of suggesting ecm/eccm style rings.. but thats sorta an overused effect... dunno maybe turn the particles into streaks, give em a slight spiral

teh icc shield fx is roxx0rz... no lovin for ugto and kluth? mebby some light sparks shooting outwards

cl hit fx also rox, just all subtle-like.. ruptor hits could stand it bit of animation

/

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-11-02 19:39   
I was thinking more of a sort of flare from the shield, but one that fragments outwards. So that if you hit the shield, it unleashes ribbons of energy and then the energy gets pulled back.

As far as the ECM effects etc, couldnt they blur instead of look like rings. Say you are looking at a ship, and the ring works like before BUT instead of the whiteness, you get a blured space effect.

0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-02 19:52   
Honestly I would like to see Ecm Rings and ECCM rings dissappear completely. Or at least make them friendly viewing only. Whats the point of haveing ecm if you can be seen by the rings ......

-PK

Goto the website of 0mni
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-02 20:13   
suggestion for flux graphic:

A ring like the sonic mines used by that Fett dude on Episode 2...

except that instead of a blue ring, it's composed of the words "OMFGFLUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111" and whenever it fires you hear little 13 year olds going"OMGGHEYASSFLUXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111oneoneone"

Just a thought:

ecm/eccm:
A sonar type ping, maybe some distortion effect? (I think somebody said distortion isn't possible...)

particle cannons:
I think the particles should like wiz in and out of each other. like DNA style criss-crosing (like one particle shot would have two little 'particles' come out of it, and they'd be crisscrossing and leaving a trail of....particle...stuff behind it...

explosions:
Better explosions! and ship fragments being left in space! how cool would that be?

my 2e-2 cents

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-02 21:42   
fattierob Derilect ship hulls omfg wicked idea.... also the possability for scavenging rises.... you find a derilict station... grab extractor and use your mining beams to cut out some usefull parts....

but then again MV object would sky rocket sooo....

• all self-D ships dissapear
  • all dessey and below die instantly
  • all cruisers wait in mv for 10 or so minuts
  • dreads wait in mv for 20 or so minuts
  • dead stations stay for a day

what you thinkith?

INTERDICTORS why do they have an affect at all? the only thing they should have is a purlple (or other unused colour) haze in the f2 screen in the areas they affect.

And plz, for the love of god, leave this thread as a FX sujestions not a "take this out" sujestion....

Email Meko
whateverr
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-03 00:02   
i like Backy's ECM/ECCM idea.. but i just thought of this... which would be cool imo..

ECCM.. this would be cool, have ECCM waves, be similar in that they are distorted rings of space BUT .. when they cross a cloaked ship or ECM ship the waves make the ships fade in and out of visible, and the closer you are or the more the ECCM increases the other ships signature the more visible the ship becomes .... since ECCM is the exact oppasite of ECM that'd be cool

mine beams... i think mine beams should have some dif effect as they contact the planet surface... an effect that makes it look like the beam is doing something.... maybe a splash back effect like a torch or like a welder maybe... though not a real huge radius as that would look a lil weird

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-03 00:59   
Coooooooooooool !!!!!!!!!! A station looking like an apple with a big bite taken out of it!!!

The rear sections of dreads floating around!!

How about More than just the standard ONE hole in the hull after 80%?

Or at least move it around sometimes......Like the side of the ship that takes the worst beating.

Page created in 0.036206 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR