No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Suggestion With Ship Component Removal
 Author Suggestion With Ship Component Removal
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-10-24 18:50   
All right... in a rare moment, I'm going to start a thread about a complaint about something . Do not worry, however, for I will explain it thoroughly... and then express ideas to fix it.

Now, as we all know, people do not lose credits in altering the configuration of their ships as long as they exchange one part with another and then sell the old part back. This has been that way since 1.481... though it seems to make credits more or less obsolete, now.

This system, however, has flaws.

For one, there are times that people want to remove one part to recharge another (Example: removing flux waves to make the ship recharge the jump drive or other weapons). Credits are deducted for the removal of these waves, but when one reinstalls them, the credits aren't replaced. Essentially, money is being deducted to make the ship more efficient.

Another example is one I (as well as a lot of players) have experienced frequently. The jumpdrive is full of fuel, there is 100% energy on the ship, there is nothing else being recharged, and the JD refuses to recharge. In this case, one has to remove the jump drive to get it to function, and that can cost 12,000 credits or 15,000, depending on what type of JD it is. And, even after that, you have to get someone to refill the JD... which can itself be a grave challenge.

I much prefer the method back in 1.480, where resources lost was added only if the total worth of a ship was less than its normal resource worth --- and that would only be added when the ship is gated or destroyed. Granted, there were problems with that, too (altering a scout to have all ECM could give a plus to resources lost because ECM are worth less than ECCM are), but the system was still better.

Now, I may have sounded like I've just gone into a conundrum... credits are basically worthless now, yet I'm complaining about losing them because of the random removal of ship components. That's true. I'm just trying to think of logic, though, and the sudden disappearance of so many credits just because a part is temporarily removed does not connect with my logic.

Comments?

Goto the website of Grimith
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-24 21:14   
Hmm. Grimmy ranting. Thats new

Anyway, this holds true, now lemme think up inventive fixes

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-24 22:22   
i like your thinking...

but it was my understanding that they put the credit loss on removing components manually on purpos to Stop people from making thier ship "more efficient".

though i like the idea of removing a flux to make the JD charge and stuff, but i think the system was put in to Stop that kind of behaviour.

anywho i could be wrong.

edit: grimith u twit i was posting when u bumped it

[ This Message was edited by: Meko™{Trainer} on 2004-10-24 22:23 ]

Email Meko
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-10-24 22:58   
That seems horrible to me. After all, if we can't set the ship to automatically set priority for us, then we should be allowed to do it ourselves. And, in some cases, those flux waves / CL2Ks / AM torpedoes aren't as important as that JD is.

But, if you're right, that nullifies reason number one. That still leaves my second example. What... did they like want to do that to players so they could get frustrated and want to beat the game upside the head? Or, was it some way to drain the credits of players? 'Cos that really, really bugs me...

Granted, with all the credit pluses I've been getting with the coupons, I'm not really having a loss. Still, though, there are others that are having a loss.

...And, finally, Meko... I'm going to regress here and say, "Wth?" There's no bump.

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-10-25 03:37   
Well, I guess I'll be bumping now, since this topic completely disappeared.

*slowly tugs as he pulls the subject back to the top of the list* And one... and... two... *huff, huff* ...and three... and... four......

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-25 06:12   
Quote:
...And, finally, Meko... I'm going to regress here and say, "Wth?" There's no bump.

Smartass =)

Email Meko
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-10-25 15:34   
*sighs as he yanks the post back up to the top again* I've got this horrible feeling that I'm not going to be getting much of a great response from someone else! Granted, this whole thread may come off as whining... but, still! I'd at least like to be told by a "higher-up" that my post is pointless.

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-10-26 16:08   
Get the feeling that this will never stay up with all of these other topics... *kicks it back up*

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-10-26 20:20   
*slams his hands together before his body and rubs them together*

All right... let's give it the push, again.

*He takes a firm, solid stance upon the virtual ground below him and closes his eyes. Chanting begins to comes out of his lips... a low, incoherent chant, but it's probably not like anyone could understand it if the volume was turned up, anyway. Flickers of greyish light begin to envelope his body, but he remains calm and still... continuing the chant... continuing the focus. Eventually, his eyes snap open, and he points two fingers from his right hand towards the fallen remains of the thread.*

What is of old shall now be renewed.

*A crackle of energy shoots out from the fingers, and following that is their turning and making a "come hither" motion. There is nothing at first in response, but ever-so-slowly the remnants of the thread begin to rise back towards the top of the heap once more.*

...There. Much better.

*The grey flickers of energy dissipate from around his body as he lets out a sigh of relief*

I swear, if I have to keep doing this in order to get a response...

(Oh, by the way, this could be considered as a "BUMP". Best bump I've ever bloody boxed into the board... Keyboard, that is.)

Page created in 0.019048 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR