No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A new statistic to track
 Author A new statistic to track
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-20 03:42   
I have been looking in profiles and playing with stats and my calculator and have discovered a cool thing. Prestige does not really indicate a players overall effectiveness, as we all know. But, Prestige divided by time played (rounded to the 5th decimal place) yields a telling glance at how wisely a player uses his time.

For instance, 2 players with very similiar Pres scores (next to each other on overall ranking) yeilded these results.

.0229 and .0143

If you look at pres alone, it would appear as though both are nearly equal, but when you dig a little deeper, you see that the first player is actually 60% more effective overall!!!!

What does this matter. It doesnt, not in the least, but for folks like me that get off on tracking numbers it is cool, the more stats the better!!!!

Could someone add this to profiles? Maybe call it "Overall effectiveness rating" or something.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-20 04:09   
if you hover your mouse over the time played yhou get a nice little pointer to how long the person has played...

Prestige + Rank dont have anything to do with effectivness anymore. Its how long the person has played that is the indicator

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-20 12:52   
What I am saying is a player who has made X pres with about HALF the time played is very obviously more effective. I may be biased a bit because my pres per time played is very high, but thats because I have a love of EFFICIENCY in all things.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-20 12:53   
What I am saying is a player who has made X pres with about HALF the time played is very obviously more effective. I may be biased a bit because my pres per time played is very high, but thats because I have a love of EFFICIENCY in all things.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-20 14:39   
Not sure how accurate that is, since many of the long time players made a good deal of pres back when you could group & share pres, and then you have players like A02 or whatever his name was, who just powerleveled up to like FA in 3 weeks, and was a horrid player & a jerk to boot.

But it does give you a good idea of how much time a player spends IG just screwing around, and how much actually doing stuff... I just screw around

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fatal Marell Deimos *LT*
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-20 15:00   
I don't think this stat is as telling as you think. I believe a player's effectiveness should be judged by those he play's with. A player may be performing non-prestige gaining duties within his Fleet that handicap his prestige gaining ratio. Just because someone sits and does nothing but twink prestige, shouldn’t make him a more effective player.

1st Rear Admiral Fatal Marell Deimos *LT*

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2004-10-20 15:21   
How about a factor that measures Ships Damage vs. Resources lost... This would give you their Combat Effectiveness Factor... (CEF)
Ships Damage 15772
Res Loss: 11171920

Ships Damage / Res Loss = CEF

In this Case: 0.0014

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2004-10-20 15:25 ]

Email Tael
Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-20 15:29   
Res loss is WAAAAY too high compared to shipdamage. If you were to divide the res loss by 100 or 1000, maybe.

Email Axalon
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-20 15:43   
yeah ship damage vs res lost, a ratio, would be good. When I said effectiveness rating I was biased towards combat, and you are right dictors and ECM frigates are very needed and would not contribute to this stat. Still, I use it personally when comparing myself to others on ranking. Many players ranked near me make a lot less pres per time played, meaning they have put a lot more in game time and not killed as many things Just thought it would be cool, another way of comparing. I am one of those nuts that would have a statistic on everything How much time your ship was turning left vs right, what weapon you inflicted most damage with, how many ships your dictor has caught, etc...... feedback kicks butt!!!!

Page created in 0.016232 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR