No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » October 16, 2004 update
 Author October 16, 2004 update
Lord Drak
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-16 17:43   
Well today's update has messed me up. Update is unable to update some files and ask if I wish to reboot. Rebooting doesn't fix anything as I still get the same message. Unable to get into game as I get the failed message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times. Nothing works.

Getting to where I'm scared of updates.....

Drak Konner Oberon

p.s mind your own business Meko.

We are many. We are one.

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-10-16 19:19   
Boo!
Scary updates, yes be afraid very afraid. Sorry you joined this club too, hope you get back on Drak.

Past response quotes: Some moded for the primest example of sarcasim.

"Dial up, you cheap skate, get cable that's your problem."

"Your system sucks, get a new one."

"Delete the game and reload it...again...again."

"Quit complaining, they are doing the best they can, deal with it."

"Well we are getting new players all the time so who cares if you can't play."

I have no problem with DS moderators, the game (yes even lag), even Fastaus who I see checking on the lag issues, but when you can't log on after an update, well I'm speechless???

Anyways good luck trying to get on Drak and any others. Hopefully these issues will be resolved so I too can get back to playing in the future. Let us know by posting what you do to get back on (the fix), thanks.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-10-16 19:27   
guess he told you meko

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Lord Drak
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-16 19:53   
Well, still having files that won't update....but reached the MV only to be lagged out as bad as ever. Going to see what's what in a non-max battle area.

Drak

p.s. KEEP minding your own business Meko. Your two cent ain't worth my dog's time.

We are many. We are one.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-16 22:37   
Bleah, I've had this happen...

Once, it was because the files got compiled up using the wrong directory, and Faustus had to recompile. However, in this case, nobody would be able to update.

The other times, it's because I have interrupted the update process, or had it interrupted by a communications foul up. To get out of those, I've had to uninstal, and then reinstall, in order to fix it.

Hope that helps.

Email Gideon
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-16 22:49   
Quote:

On 2004-10-16 19:19, RedDog(1) wrote:

Past response quotes: Some moded for the primest example of sarcasim.

LOL.

Note: If it's been modified in any way, it's not a quote.

Email Gideon
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-17 00:05   
Quote:
p.s. KEEP minding your own business Meko. Your two cent ain't worth my dog's time.

someone loves me =)

Email Meko
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-10-17 00:47   
Well hey I got the dowload to go (with a lil tweaking) and it updated my computer with the new patch. I then was able to log into the Lobby and MV.
So great it works again, its laggy but it works again. I've got one day of sub left and then will use my coupons in the future. I'll re-sub later on.

Lord Drak
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-17 09:58   
I've uninstalled and installed five or six times by now, and redownload the updates and it still won't finish updating files and ask if i want to reboot...and ask if i want to reboot.....and ask if i want to reboot......it is maddening. Now everytime i start my computer i get the stupid message.

drak

We are many. We are one.

Strom"DaBum"Moon
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2004-10-17 12:13   
Drak,
I had a problem like that where 3 file's asked to be turned off as they were being updated. I did so and after i still couldn't get into the lobby, i removed reinstalled too no effect. The fix I found was to run update for the beta client. Log in to beta switch to release lobby and run update again. then a quick restart and client has run fine ever since.

Lord Drak
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-18 17:48   
Quote:

On 2004-10-17 12:13, Stromberg Moon wrote:
Drak,
I had a problem like that where 3 file's asked to be turned off as they were being updated. I did so and after i still couldn't get into the lobby, i removed reinstalled too no effect. The fix I found was to run update for the beta client. Log in to beta switch to release lobby and run update again. then a quick restart and client has run fine ever since.

Now sure I completely understand. Does this work if you don't have beta client on your computer?

And I seem to have two smartupdate.exe files. I've tried delete one or the other, tried deleting both, but no luck getting everything updated.

I can get to the MV but it is a hassle. Start game, click on lobby, no i don't want to reboot, start game, click on lobby....ok there is lobby, click on MV, no I don't want to reboot, start game, click on lobby.......get the idea?

drak

We are many. We are one.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-10-18 17:51   
Drak,

Sounds like you have another instance of the game still running or something... it can't update the DLL's when they are still in use by another process.

Don't run the Beta and release at the same time, bring up task manager and make sure their isn't a client.exe, localserver.exe, or gcql.exe instance still running from days before.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Strom"DaBum"Moon
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2004-10-18 18:19   
Drak, no each client was run independently. I couldn't get into lobby so i tried the Beta client and ran update for it. Then changed lobbies and ran update again and logged out. Rebooted my comp and logg'd into release fine.

Lord Drak
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-20 23:09   
Quote:

On 2004-10-18 17:51, Faustus wrote:
Drak,

Sounds like you have another instance of the game still running or something... it can't update the DLL's when they are still in use by another process.

Don't run the Beta and release at the same time, bring up task manager and make sure their isn't a client.exe, localserver.exe, or gcql.exe instance still running from days before.

-Richard

Do not see any of those files so I'll try Moon's idea.....can hurt.

And since today's (10/20/04) update I can't even get to the lobby......

keith

We are many. We are one.

Lord Drak
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-22 00:02   
Ok, tried the beta update, switch, release update, reboot....didn't fix the problem of the client being unable to update all files. I can get to and play MV, especially if I edit the config file to speed things up. The updater seems to stop at msvcrt.dll, whatever that does. I have looked and there is nothing running behind the scenes that appears to be from DS. So I'm still at a loss. How come I can play if the files (or not all of them) are not being updated......confused cajun.........er, kluth, yea, kluth cajun.

drak

We are many. We are one.

Page created in 0.025764 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR