No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Now here's a big one..
 Author Now here's a big one..
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-15 16:47   
I was just watching Riddick, and it struck me..

There are long-term plans for DarkSpace:Infantry (Or whatever the Name was now).

I was thinking - instead of an FPS, why not integrate something noone else seems to have yet - a combination of space and athmospheric fighting!

Fighters and even small craft that are constructed to be capable of it could enter the athmosphere and engage in aerodynamic combat, targetting structures like defense bases and barracks which would have Turrets etc, and Infantry with AA launchers, etc.

This would integrate a lot more easily, be pretty unique, and could still be built upon with infantry - once the neccessary steps are taken to allow for detailed, attackable, shooting-back ground targets, the step towards just walking on the surface wouldn't be nearly as huge.

Think about it

Renuyar (Scion)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-15 17:07   
I like it would be fun, I would like to fly a fighter in space against a station or dread, PD would suck tho, but the atmospheric combat would be awesome...in a later version, yes awesome.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-15 17:13   
Sounds like C&C Renegade....

Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-15 17:16   
yeah acccept nothing like renegaqde wich was a fps based in the c&c universe not space or atmospere

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-15 17:51   
In all fairness:

http://www.starshatter.com/

Email Gideon
Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-15 18:04   
Speaking of which I actually really like the Riddick character. He's much better with just a few one liners here and there and the odd line thrown in. First I rented the XBOX game and played it and it was easily a 9.5 out of 10. Excellent FPS with good graphics gameplay and framerate. After finishing the game I wanted more so I went out and rented the special edition of Pitch Black which is now titled Chronicles of Riddick Pitch Black. It was probably a better movie after finishing the game. Anyways I haven't seen the latest movie and I am waiting for DVD. None the less it has me hooked. I am curious to see his "destiny" heh.

As for games there have been a few hybrid games like that. Mace Griffon is a FPS/Space Combat game which sadly I never did even rent. It got such bad reviews I just kinda forgot about it. I'll have to try it out one day =) Battlecruiser is the same only worse. I guess the saying "If you can't do it right don't do it at all" comes into play whenever someone dreams a game like this up. Someone will get it right one day though. We definantly need to expand on the genre and gaming in general. Graphics have improved alot over the years but map size and the same old limitations still remain.

Page created in 0.012197 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR