No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Allow stockpiles on planets
 Author Allow stockpiles on planets
ChiggenWingz
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-15 04:20   
I use to be a subscriber, but I'm staying on Demo for a while until the numbers pick up again (and I hope they do now with an open Metaverse ^_^)

But a few qualms
*Allow people to stockpile upgrades on the planets like they use to, such as building 10 AMEs and they remain on the planets for hours to come so others can just quickly collect them. I'm all for trying to stop people from having just Dread fights with modded dreads, but having to sit at a planet for 20mins while you slowly upgrade your ship is a real off-putter (more than I thought it would be) Its boring waiting to get back into the fray, an an unmodded dread doesnt stand much of a chance, plus it just doesnt feel like your own ship :

*Its kind of good that you dont allow demo players to use the factories on planets, buts its annoying if you do want to upgrade your Frigate so its got a bit more bite (I find that upgrading my ship makes it feel a little bit more unique, not just a generic out of the box ship that you buy over and over again) So I would like to see atleast demo users being able to add to a factory's que but not take away other items. But still you need to allow factory stockpiling.

*Possibly allow atleast one promotion up to Ensign? Just to let the demo player feel like they've accomplished something.

Some of the things I would like
I look forward to joining a few little fleets of Frigates and scouts to take on the big ships, thats why I would like to have modding, we feel more involved with the battle other than just replaceable cannon fodder. There was other factors but after being interrupted about 10 times while writing this I forgot :

[ This Message was edited by: NovaPhoenix (Aussie) on 2004-10-15 04:20 ]

Goto the website of ChiggenWingz
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-15 07:39   
A planet with a factory and a starport can stockpile, the problem in the last couple of week was newbies, scrapping startports and therefore the huge stockpiles of goods, and the factories so they couldn't be rebuilt easily then using the few remaining without replacing them.

A better approach might be to make factories work like Barracks they keep producing the last selected item, until told to produce something else, they reach a stockpile cap, or run out of resources.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-15 08:10   
give newbies the ability to use the starport, but not modify it in anyway..... (scrap them)

Email Meko
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-15 11:48   
Remember when we could que more than 10 items at a factory? Ahhhh, the glory days of the Industrial Revolution...

Puppies gotta die, too.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-15 13:14   
Big support from me, especially after someone (won't name names, cause I can't remember But wouldn't anyway) jumped to the mod planet I was at after I had been there queing things, and bought out all the mods, deleted my ques and qued their own things.

Would be nice if this planetary stockpile worked kinda like storage, in that people could have their own stockpile on a planet. Maybe have a custom building that could hold like 5 things per person per building? Just a thought

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-15 15:39   
Quote:

On 2004-10-15 04:20, NovaPhoenix (Aussie) wrote:
I use to be a subscriber, but I'm staying on Demo for a while until the numbers pick up again (and I hope they do now with an open Metaverse ^_^)

Hipacrit.

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-15 16:09   
I agree demos should be able to mod in the mv but not affect structures other then queing factorys. But as far as allowing one additional rank or any pres gain at all i am firmly against. That is the percs of being subbed, you do after all gain your pres and badges on t he backside getting access to them when and if you do sub. so in a nut shell sub or be targets.

Email HaVoX
ChiggenWingz
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-16 08:04   
Funny thing, I thought you couldnt mod a frigate while in demo mode, after travelling to another system I could actually use the factories there. I wonder if it may have to do with locked planets?

And whats this about me being a hipocrit?

[ This Message was edited by: NovaPhoenix (Aussie) on 2004-10-16 08:04 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-16 08:30   
Mybe he meant to say Hypocrite, which would then be an insult.
Maybe he also meant Hippocrit (A critic discussiong Hippos?)

DSA-UGTO is looking for Players willing to teach or learn!

[ This Message was edited by: sono {Trainer} on 2004-10-16 08:35 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-16 09:30   
I think he is referring to your waiting until other people sub before you sub... which is the all time killer of online games.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
ChiggenWingz
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-16 19:25   
I'm not waiting for more people to subscribe before I subscribe, I'm waiting for more people just to play, as in demo accounts. Once I see 50 people regulary playing at night (Aus time) I'll be very inclined to subscribe. Until then, I'll just fly my Frigate and Transports and help out with general MV duties.

Now that MV has opened up to Demo accounts the game is actually a bit of fun with Frigates. ^^

[ This Message was edited by: NovaPhoenix (Aussie) on 2004-10-16 19:25 ]

Page created in 0.027328 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR