Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » a few random ideas.
 Author a few random ideas.
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-10-15 00:30   
ok no idea of these have been thought or not but here goes.

1.Ship capping.

if ship is captured by a member of a fleet ,50% of its STOCK value goes into that fleet's treasury as a donation by capping member.if by an independent then only 1% value go to that person as that person would recieve that full amount and not need to have to request it.

2. Planet resources(credits/value)

if a Fleet holds planet for a one month(or X amount of time) period then 5% of total value of planet goes to fleet treasury or Fleet Mod planets would sell parts at a reduced price to That Fleet.
ie..amj is 15k to anyone now...but if planet owned by Raven then they could buy em at 7.5k.

3.interdictors/sensor frigates

at this time interdictors and sens frigs make 0 prestige.Maybe making those ships only grouping enabled so they share a lil of the fleets pres or say 5% of just 1 ship's .

ie dictor groups with AD..AD kills and gets 1 pres...it would actually work out that AD gets.95 and dictor gets .05

this one is one with most complaints on BOTH sides.

Mod planets make mod planets have 3 locks

lock
A)locks entire planet.buildings cannot be scrapped or paused/unpaused,facs queues cannot be stopped/started/changed,infantry cannot be lifted.
B)partial lock(say left alt + x)entire planet locked except facs.queues open to whomever(factionwide).
c)unlocked..planet available to be used as needed.

this would (1) help ease the problems sabotage(2) allow planets to be maintained in a secure but usuable fashion and most importantly eliminate a lot of inter-faction aggrevation with faction hoppers.(esp me)

the ideas above allow fleets to maximize modding options Fleetwide and not have issues on spending too much for certain"expendable" ships.This would also make joining/forming a Fleet more favorable.

ok.thats it for now.my train of thought derailed.too much aftereffects of flux

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-15 00:50   
I can agree with most of that in some form or another. I'd maybe adjust some of the numbers, include scouts with the "sensor Frig" (only you ickkies have those )

I've always wondered why the planets have an income listed if you check the f3 screen but the controlling fleet never gets any income for it.

As it stands now I don't care if =CSA= controls a planet or not.............but you give my fleet some income off a planet then I'll be changing that way of thinking. For now I'd rather fly combat and let somebody else do the capping.

scouts or sensor frigs are used mostly for bombing and or ECCM for fighting Kluth, and it's tough to get anyone to fly one because there is no prestige in it.

The planet locking has caused us to lose planets to revolts or ICC/kluth, and with the Mod planet locking nowdays I've noticed that NONE of the mod planets of any of the 3 factions ever has any stock pile, and usually there are 4 or 5 ship sitting at the mod planet waiting for mods to build.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-10-15 23:37   
sensor frig is a scout ship.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
DoctorCrobe
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-10-16 00:37   
Why not just have a Civil war within factions.. and really screw things up.. fleet against fleet, instead of Faction against faction...

Shakari

Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-16 01:25   
Random ideas eh? How about this? We totally nerf the ships and gameplay will continue by floating around in spacesuits.

All I gotta say is, my flux spacesuit will totally pwn your pulse suit and your silly psi blaster.

-Axalon

Email Axalon
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-21 16:00   
Ok. Random Ideas.

Chat Options in the MV now consists of Fleet, Faction, Target, and Yell. At one time we had an option that allowed Chat to Everyone in the server.

I think it would be great to have that option back. I remember a time when evey time someone got a badge or a promotion he/she got a Gratz from EVERYONE in the MV/HalOS/ FA etc. NOW we only congratulate those in our OWN factions and It seems that the old "everyone" chat options helped develop and maintain a friendlier relationship between factions.

I enjoy playing with the likes of Bito, PJ, Banshee, Forseth, Fornax, Duo, and many others I can't all name due mostly to the fact that I (and they) make an effort to exchange "Verbal Jabs" if you will while in combat. I like , respect and enjoy playing with these people every bit as much as I do with UGTO even though I never play ICC or Kluth.

I see alot of the newer players developing(apparently) a dislike for other players and I think maybe if all 3 factions could comunicate easier that could change. ..........just a random idea.

2) and maybe this should have been #1 but........

I'd like to see an Option called " Command" added to the Chat options in Servers. This would be much like Fleet I suppose but would be Rank based rather than Fleet. Only Admirals, Fleet Admirals, and Grand Admirals could use this Option or perhaps it would allow only the 3 highest ranks currently in MV for that faction.

This I think would make it much easier for those "In command" to sort the current Operations related Chat from the General Faction Chat. We all tend to get chatty in the MV and at times I find it hard to sort thru all that Yellow to find orders from The current command figure. As it is if 2 or more players try to work together (say as Bombing commander, Combat commander, and Capping Command) there can be some confusion as to when 1 or more aspect of the operation is to Jump in to do it's part.

When 2 or more =CSA= fleet members are on we work very well together, as I am sure is the same with all other fleets. This is because Fleet chat is Green and Faction is Yellow. If it's Yellow I ignore it and focus on the Green only.

I think a Blue chat for Commanding rank officers would help alot. or any other color for that matter.

Just a random Idea

Lunatiq
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-10-21 16:56   
> 1.Ship capping.

Like the idea.

> 2. Planet resources(credits/value)

Excellent idea. It would lend legitimacy to the idea that a planet is run not by a fleet, but by the faction government, but the planet would look favorably upon the fleet that liberated it and would offer it discounts off normal item costs.

> 3.interdictors/sensor frigates

I think grouped prestige should be inversely proportional based on rank. The higher your rank, the less prestige you should get by grouping.

So each rank gets assigned a number, and the number is your % mulitplier for grouped prestige (call it rank qualifier or something).

GA = 1
FA = 2
A =3
etc. etc.

Group prestige = amount of prestige x rank qualifier number/10.

Example: 100 prestige
GA = 100 x .1 = 10 pres earned
FA = 100 x .2 = 20 pres earned
A = 100 x .3 = 30 pres earned

and so on. The qualifier or multiplier number could be on a curve (not linear) to get a more realistic effect. Lower ranks would gain prestige faster as they learn from their (supposedly) more experienced leaders. You could also add bonuses for ship types. + 10% for interdictor pilots, +10% for sensor/scout ship types, etc. etc.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-10-21 18:48   
but I was saying only those flying those ships
ie....
scouts
interdictors
should be able to group...and only to a max number of ships....say 3 ships per group.
and I like the curve idea.didnt think of that 1.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-10-21 19:07   
I like those ideas.

Now for,

a few random characters

h r d

g r

d m

l

z z x

CowboyFunk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-21 21:51   
that was beautiful red dog

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-21 22:33   
here's an Idea, to eiminate lag we reduce all ships to untextured squares, and all fighters to 1 pixel, then eliminate all weapons except for rail guns

It'd sorta be like space invaders...

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-21 22:56   
A lot of good ideas here. Keep it up. One thing, what if every time someone attempted to jump and a ship born dictor snagged them, the pilot recieved a genrous helping of pres?

I REALLY like, and always have suggested, that Intrafaction fighting would be added. Like the klingons, when no enemies to fight, they just kill each other!!!!!

It would be sweet if the factions were player defined rather than hardwired into the game. All the intrigue of fleets changoing sides and stuff. Evil and FS teaming up to take out the MV, stuff like that. Player defined alliances would add an entirely new level of depth and drama to the game.

Page created in 0.024257 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR