No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Gid here are the sugestions for the New supply and Combat supply ships.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Gid here are the sugestions for the New supply and Combat supply ships.
Braenwyn (retired)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-12 05:27   
Quote:
Noraml supply ship 1 drive, 1 jump drive, 1 weapon, 2 beam, 4 shield, and two reload. This is the normal supply ship that is ment to stay outa combat.

Lol - so, that's why I get shot so much when I cruise through the melee of dreads and cruisers in the big battles. I think I lost about 30 or so supply ships in the combatzone trying to supply our forces (ICC)

The last two weeks, since I started the DEMO account, I actually almost exclusively played the supplier role. I hate to stay in the safety of a planet while our boys take it out on the uglies. So I get out there a lot and regularly get jumped by big ship, that fires once, fluxes me and I'm ready for picking. It gets tiring at sometimes, but normally I'm back in the fray a few moments after.

There are several things that I would like to see altered in the ICC supply ship.

1) Include a depot-inhibitor. When in orbit of a depot-planet, reduce the effectiveness of de depot by 90% or so, to force your side to come to you in stead of the planet. For instance Jasha has 10+ depots and repairs the heaviest ship within 15 seconds or so.. that's to say at least frustrating for the dedicated supply ship pilot. (and this is not solely an envy point, but in an increase in the necessity of having supply ships around)

2) Extra defense, at the cost of offense. I like the idea of taking away the weapon and replace it by armor or extra shields.

3) Enhanced manoeuvrability. When in battle, flying at max speed, it takes way too long to turn and get to your new target. With a shorter turn, better acceleration and decelleration it would be way more fun to get into a heated battle.

4) for a bit of pun, give us a scanner that will show the invisible fighters that are firing at us without a way to defend ourselves since the last patch

Just my two credits..

Greetz,
2nd rear admiral Braenwyn

edit: rectified some typo's

[ This Message was edited by: Braenwyn on 2004-10-12 05:29 ]

1st RA Braenwyn

Email Braenwyn (retired)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-12 05:48   
1) Thanks for giving away Jasha...and NO WAY .... that would get most people KILLED.

2)Agree'd on

3)Only reason this is is because we have one less drive, I wouldnt mind this if we had 3 reloads....this is how I see it

UGTO SUPPLY

Has TWO sections to hold drones and has TWO RELOADS

ICC SUPPLY

Has THREE sections to hold drones nad has TWO RELOADS.

anyone see a sliiiight propblem there.....I think this could be balance'd pretty easily by addming 3 reloads to the icc supply, then people wouldnt mind it being slower.

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-12 09:47   
1) Not only no but l NO ! ! not good for the players at all.

2)Agree'd on

3)I'm looking into trying to speed the COMBAT version up to do that. however the light supply will remain the same, BUT might recive more reloads pending a talk with Gideon.

Quote:

UGTO SUPPLY

Has TWO sections to hold drones and has TWO RELOADS

ICC SUPPLY

Has THREE sections to hold drones and has TWO RELOADS.

anyone see a sliiiight propblem there.....I think this could be balance'd pretty easily by addming 3 reloads to the icc supply, then people wouldnt mind it being slower.

This is a good point and IF i was able to use the editor and test this out WITHOUT frame rate lag, or other lagging on my computer i'd do it. This does seem to be a good deal anyway. Look at the UGTO heavy supply it cam mount a heavy beam and what can the brick mount ? ? ? nothing but crap. I think we need to;
ONE: Remove the heavy beam [ aka flux beam] From the UGTO heavy supply.
TWO: improve the ICC supply to make up for the lack of the Beam on the UGTO Supply.

This is what i think i was told to atempt to do, Find a good balanced supply ships for the factions.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-12 09:54   
already tried it. Just speeds up the hull repair process a little bit, its noticable but only slightly. It seems like a good trade off, leave the high beam on the UGTO Sup, just add an extra reload to the Brick.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-12 10:36   
"mekos devine thoughts"

if your gunna do this "Supply" and "combat supply" instead of light/heavy do it liek so.

ugto supply (non combat) will be ugto supply minus a drive, minus a weapon, and plus one reload.

ugto heavy supply - flux beam = ugto combat supply.

ICC supply that i proposed
2 drive
1 jump drive
1 Reactor
0 weapon
3 pulse (1full, 1 fore/port, 1 fore/starboard)
5 shield
2 reloads

= ICC combat supply

icc "brick" stayes the exact same, save one thing. add the extra reload to it. this will be ICC supply (non combat)

Email Meko
[Free]Dop-erwt
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-12 13:36   
yeah why dont you take away the weapons slot on an ugto ship witch it only has(within ugto) and actually is the only ship that can mount the ugto special weapon

disfunction is a function

former fleets: -uepg- =IT= -IL-

Goto the website of [Free]Dop-erwt
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-13 03:23   
you bring up a very good point dop.

why is it that the ugto heavy supply is the only ship that can mount the ONLY ugto special weapon??

when flux gets reworked maybe ugly dreads should be allowed to use this beam?

might save em from going "pop" so easy eh?

hehe

what number is this?

Email Meko
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-21 15:29   
Here are the new UGTO Suppy and Combat supply ships,

The Ugto Supply ship ment to have fast reload, but is slow and MUST be protected, Entrance into combat zone not advised

The UGTO Combat Supply ment to enter into combat and make repairs and supply in the thick of battle, Fast medum defence, but with only one reload bay it reload slowly.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-21 17:37   
Quote:

On 2004-10-13 03:23, Meko™{Trainer} wrote:
you bring up a very good point dop.

why is it that the ugto heavy supply is the only ship that can mount the ONLY ugto special weapon??

when flux gets reworked maybe ugly dreads should be allowed to use this beam?

might save em from going "pop" so easy eh?

hehe

what number is this?

At one time UGTO Crusiers and EADs could mod Flux cannons for there CL 500s or 550s. I believe there were a lot of rants about EAD Fluxmasters.

Me personally I can live with or without the Flux Cannon, and I agree That it is Odd that only The UGTO Hvy Supply and the ANY Kluth ship can use it.

I think Dreads and or Crusiers at the very least should be able to mount flux cannons if one wanted to.

As for the new Supply design.

WHY Must we insist on taking away from rather than adding to?

I Love what you're doing here Linna I really do but why not add a CL 1000 to the "Combat" version of the ICC suppy and Leave the UGTO Flux cannon (Front mount 170 gu range) Kluth's TWO disruptors alone?

The Tractor beam is an AWESOME idea and I think should have been on the suppy long ago.

Your "Light" suppy is great as is I think. The Light suppy for all 3 versions should come equipped with 2 reloads and a tractor beam.

But I think any "Combat Version" of a suppy should have 3 reloads (for all three factions. After all A "combat" suppy should be able to fly into the heat of battle and reload or repair a ship (requiring 2 reloads) AND defend itself well (requiring 1 reload atleast). Flux cannon, CL1000, Disruptors or not, we are talking about a ship that will fly into a battle to aid it's fellow combat ships and at the saame time make ITSELF the Prime target on the battlefield. "Kill the suppy!!" "Target the suppys 1st!!"

The Tractor beam on a Heavy or Combat version is a good idea but IN combat would rarely be used I think. Personally I'd leave it. Any suppy should have a tractor beam.

UGTO/ICC Heavy Supply:

2) IE Drives
4) Heavy armor
1) CL 500 or 550 (full arc)
1) Flux cannon (UGTO) and 1) CL 1000 (ICC) (Front Mount)
2) particle cannons/railguns
1) Tractor Beam
3) reloads
1) J Drive

Kluth Heavy Supply:

2) IE Drives
4) Heavy armor
1) disruptor (full arc)
1) disruptor (front mount)
2)PSI cannons
1) Tractor Beam
3) reloads
1) J Drive
1)cloak

Furthermore why not have a Pulse wave on the ICC Combat version?

Look, I fly a Hvy suppy. Aside from the UGTO TC and sitting around twiddling my thumbs in a station the Hvy suppy is all I fly really. I fly it in combat, and without fail I become a primary target and with only one reload I would NOT be a Combat version of a supply ship. I would be a Combat ship with a Reload onboard, because out of mere self-preservation I would be forced to use that reload on myself and myself alone. I can't Supply a dread in combat and survive with just one reload.

The UGTO Hvy suppy is an incredible ship. The Kluth Hvy suppy is too (even more so when it could mount CL2000s)

The ICC hvy suppy is lacking nobody can deny that, But it should be added to, not the others taken away from.

As for the flux cannon. Unless you have flown UGTO since the flux came back you can't even begin to imagine what it's like to have Your own hvy suppy Flux you in the rear just when you least need it because he has set it to PD Not to mention those that mod ELFs instead. Me< I mod a Disruptor on mine and I would MUCH rather take a ruptor to the Tail than a flux cannon or ELF. Put a Pulse wave on the ICC Suppy and then when your suppy pulses your own Torps maybe you will feel my pain

Every weapon and every ship has and will have it's advantages and disadvantages. I think the ICC supply has more of a disadvantage than the UGTO or Kluth suppys.

As I said before your Light versions look great to me. As they are now with just the one reload the light suppys are forced to sit in orbit at a planet and take those few damaged ships that come in for repairs or wait until someone E jumps to safety.

The Tractor Beam is a must have I think. from what I understand The Tractor beam will become more useful in the future, with (I hear rumor) the ability to TOW a ship even in JUMP. That,I would think would fall into one of a supply ships main functions.

Please Don't take offense to my criticism here. I REALLY like what you are doing, and if The Suppy loses it's Hvy weapon (Flux, Disruptors, ELF) I won't like it BUT I'll deal with it and ..................... Kick yer butt in my NON-fluxing Hvy suppy anyways Hehehehe That thing is a front mount anyway and I rarely have an enemy ship in front of me they mostly back there looking at my backside Trying to chase me down.

Keep up the good work Linna. I'll be watching this thread Because it really interests me (having to do with my favorite ship and all)

[ This Message was edited by: Feralwulf {recruiting} on 2004-10-21 17:41 ]

Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-21 20:19   
Quote:

On 2004-10-21 17:37, Feralwulf {recruiting} wrote:

As for the new Supply design.

WHY Must we insist on taking away from rather than adding to?

I Love what you're doing here Linna I really do but why not add a CL 1000 to the "Combat" version of the ICC suppy and Leave the UGTO Flux cannon (Front mount 170 gu range) Kluth's TWO disruptors alone?

Thanks a Lot for your comments Feralwulf, I'm thinking about leaving in the Fluxs and the Disrupters as they both are forward fireing arcs, I think. But ONLY the combats version.

Quote:

The Tractor beam is an AWESOME idea and I think should have been on the suppy long ago.

Your "Light" suppy is great as is I think. The Light suppy for all 3 versions should come equipped with 2 reloads and a tractor beam.

But I think any "Combat Version" of a suppy should have 3 reloads (for all three factions. After all A "combat" suppy should be able to fly into the heat of battle and reload or repair a ship (requiring 2 reloads) AND defend itself well (requiring 1 reload atleast). Flux cannon, CL1000, Disruptors or not, we are talking about a ship that will fly into a battle to aid it's fellow combat ships and at the saame time make ITSELF the Prime target on the battlefield. "Kill the suppy!!" "Target the suppys 1st!!"

The Tractor beam on a Heavy or Combat version is a good idea but IN combat would rarely be used I think. Personally I'd leave it. Any suppy should have a tractor beam.

UGTO/ICC Heavy Supply:

2) IE Drives
4) Heavy armor
1) CL 500 or 550 (full arc)
1) Flux cannon (UGTO) and 1) CL 1000 (ICC) (Front Mount)
2) particle cannons/railguns
1) Tractor Beam
3) reloads
1) J Drive

Kluth Heavy Supply:

2) IE Drives
4) Heavy armor
1) disruptor (full arc)
1) disruptor (front mount)
2)PSI cannons
1) Tractor Beam
3) reloads
1) J Drive
1)cloak

Furthermore why not have a Pulse wave on the ICC Combat version?

Gideon Is wanting me to make a Supply ship the is a fast reloader, slow and defencless [ as he puts it] And a more faster well defended ship that can reload others in a comabt area. If i place an extra relaod onto them making it three it would not be how Gideon is wanting it. Put I'll think about putting two reloads in there. One for the supply ship and one to reload and repair others. That is a good ideal for the self preservation, and reloding of others as I do gun for the supplys in combat areas becasue I know there are weaker, and with them gone the other ships will not last long.

As for the Tractor beam If I reamber right and If the things I've heard are true, If the supply ship has it on a ship It may be pulled up to dock with the ship, Pulling it outa harms way and still allowing the suppy to load the ship as it is in combat. Not sure IF that will happen But it can become a explot if there is more than one Supply ship per combat or other ship. But I'm sure there will be something in place to prevent this from happening.

Quote:

Keep up the good work Linna. I'll be watching this thread Because it really interests me (having to do with my favorite ship and all)

Thanks And I will take you ideal into the workings here and see how they perform within the combat and repair others in combat.

[ This Message was edited by: Feralwulf {recruiting} on 2004-10-21 17:41 ]
[/quote]

Done by [S.W]little_chaoz (affe force) *hugs* thanks

[ This Message was edited by: Linna Yamazaka 1st RA {Absolut} on 2004-10-21 20:49 ]

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-21 20:40   
Quote:

TWO: improve the ICC supply to make up for the lack of the Beam on the UGTO Supply.

Huh? wouldn't that be imbalanced?

Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-21 21:25   
Quote:

On 2004-10-21 20:40, Darkspacian {Trainer} wrote:
Quote:

Huh? wouldn't that be imbalanced?

Ment to say ;
TWO: Improve the ICC supply to make up for the lack of the heavy Bean that the UGTO Supply. But it did not come out right.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-21 22:36   
I'm glad you liked some of my ideas, and didn't mistake it for "You want to nerf the UGTO suppy" complaining. I know full well that my comments could have been taken that way but I also know full well that the UGTO hvy Suppy IS a stout ship, and am aware of the fact that the ICC suppy is a good bit less the ship that the UGTO and Kluth suppys are.

As to the "TWO:" Quote above I really like the idea of a CL 1000 front mount on the ICC Hvy suppy. It can be modded to a CL2K which The UGTO and Kluth version can not do, and would provide it with the Heavy Beam it is lacking as compared with the UGTO and Kluth versions.

Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-21 23:11   
[quote]
On 2004-10-21 22:36, Feralwulf {recruiting} wrote:
I'm glad you liked some of my ideas, and didn't mistake it for "You want to nerf the UGTO suppy" complaining. I know full well that my comments could have been taken that way but I also know full well that the UGTO hvy Suppy IS a stout ship, and am aware of the fact that the ICC suppy is a good bit less the ship that the UGTO and Kluth suppys are.

As to the "TWO:" Quote above I really like the idea of a CL 1000 front mount on the ICC Hvy suppy. It can be modded to a CL2K which The UGTO and Kluth version can not do, and would provide it with the Heavy Beam it is lacking as compared with the UGTO and Kluth versions.

I do take everything that is NOT uder into mind when i do these, I should redo them and have them up by morning IF i get get my butt in gear and do them. The ideal of the ICC Combat Supply having a forward mounted CL2000 is ideal BUT it might drain the powere on it too quickly. Possable new ideals will be up soon for both ICC and UGTO Supplys both Combat and normal.

Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-21 23:51   
Ideals For the ICC, UGTO, And K'luth Supply ships

------------ICC------------
------Suppy------

1) Drive
1) J Drive
3) Reloads
4) Shields
1) Tractor Beam (full)
Fore
1) Railgun
Aft
1) Railgun
Full
1) CL 300

------Combat ------
2) Drives
1) J Drive
2) Reloads
4) Shields
1) Tractor Beam (full)

Fore
2) Railgun
1) CL 1000/2000
Starboard, Fore, Port
1) CL 300
Starboard, Aft, Port
1) CL 300
Aft
1) Railgun

------------UGTO------------

------Supply------
2) Drive
1) J Drive
3) Reloads
4) lt Armor
1) Tractor Beam (full)

Starboard, Fore, Port
1) CL300
1) Partical Cannon
Starboard, Fore, Port
1) CL300
1)Partical Cannon

------Combat------
2) Drive
1) J Drive
2) Reloads
4) Hvy Armor
1) Tractor Beam (full)

Fore
1) CL300
1) Flux (ONLY)
Starboard, Fore, Port
2) Partical Cannons
Starboard, Aft, Port
1) Partical Cannon
1) CL300
Aft
1) CL300

And now the New K'luth supplys, well some have been added to but still the same.

------------K'luth------------

------Worker------
1) Drive
1) Jump Drive
3) Reload
1) Cloaking Device
1) Automatic Repair
1) Heavy Armor

Full
1) Torp [note This stayed the same as its the ONLY wepaon]

------Advanced Worker------
2) Drive
1) Jump Drive
2) Reload
1) Cloaking Device
1) Automatic Repair
1) Heavy Armor

Starboard, Fore, Port
1) Torp
1) Disrupter
Starboard, Aft, Port
1) Torp
1) Disrupter

------Ultimate Worker------
2) Drive
1) Jump Drive
1) Reload
1) Cloaking Device
1) Automatic Repair
1) Heavy Armor

Fore
2) Torps
1) Disrupters
Starboard, Fore, Port
1) Psi Cannon
1) Disrupter
Starboard, Aft, Port
1) Psi Cannon
1) Disrupter

I think I will keep withthe fact that the K'luth have three supply Ships and just added more to them as they got better. I hope the Ultimate Worker is not too powerful. But they can be tweaked.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Linna Yamazaka 1st RA {Absolut} on 2004-10-22 00:23 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Linna Yamazaka 1st RA {Absolut} on 2004-10-22 02:15 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019499 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR