No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Gid here are the sugestions for the New supply and Combat supply ships.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Gid here are the sugestions for the New supply and Combat supply ships.
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-09 17:21   
I was asked by Gid to come up with a supply ship that has good reloads YET can not stands combat. And also a Suppy ship that can withstand some combat. Here are what i've come up with.

The normal supply ship with maybe some changes,

Noraml supply ship 1 drive, 1 jump drive, 1 weapon, 2 beam, 4 shield, and two reload. This is the normal supply ship that is ment to stay outa combat.

The more combat ready supply ship,

This ship as you can tell has been reworked to hold 2 drives, 1 jump drive, 3 beams, 1 armor full, 5 shields with two rear shields, and one reload. The changes were brout about as many suppy ships were lost while atempting repair in comabat. This new comabt supply ship SHOULD be able to have the power to withstand attacks and also repair badly damaged ship while there are engaged in combat. This ship have never been tested yet and other than the sumulations of it, we have no ideal if it will work

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-10-09 17:33   
Well, with an extra engine, that would no longer be the ICC Brick that we've all come to know and love...

*chuckles to himself*

In any case, though, I honestly don't see the use for a combat supply ship --- especially if it only has one reload. I would much prefer being in a ship that had two reloads as opposed to one, despite the extra armor or not. If I want a supply ship that can be combat ready, I could use the ICC Command Carrier.

But, hey, I'm just being picky. Maybe I'm being blind to some oversight.

Nice job making the pictures, though.

Goto the website of Grimith
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-10 05:22   
I would think of that ship as more of a combat zone reloader than an actual repair ship. And I think no one can argue the importance of a ship like THAT... lol

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-10 05:32   
well personally i love the idea of a supply ship being able to repair in combat.

how about this linna:
    normal sup
  • 1 drive
  • 1 jump drive
  • 1 weapon
  • 2 beam
  • 4 shield
  • 2 reload.

and the new improved Meko supply ship:

• 2 drive
  • 1 jump drive
  • 1 Reactor
  • 0 weapon
  • 3 pulse (1full, 1 fore/port, 1 fore/starboard)
  • 5 shield
  • 2 reloads

this one can handle some combat, but cant dish any. i mean common we need something to contest against the ugto supply.

Email Meko
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-10 14:29   
Give us sabbots on ours then... lol

rapture
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-10 15:46   
how about a supply ship based on a different hull?

for instance, the destroyer hull, with a couple less weapon 2 slots to make room for the reload?

myself i think the command dread is an excellent engineer replacement, why not let this kind of hybriding continue?

[ This Message was edited by: Rapture on 2004-10-10 15:46 ]

Email rapture   Goto the website of rapture
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-10 16:23   
i dont know, a supply destroyer is sort of an oxy moron? perhaps a supply frigate would fill the role of the midbattle reload, fast and maneuverable, limited weapons and armour but repair drone bay to reload peoples weapons. supply frigate has a ring to it as well =)

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-11 00:27   
supply ships should stay in thier own hulls methinks...

why? because a supply ship is a supply ship. why wouldnt they have thier own hulls.

Quote:
Give us sabbots on ours then... lol

you have no right to complain about ugto supplies, and as a matter of fact, you DO have sabots on yours.

and your confusing the hell outta me. if you MCN why you have a [S.W] sig still....

Email Meko
NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-11 03:17   
I dont think, it would be worth it, i mean then who would use the supply ship or as we ICC call our supply ship "the brick" when i can have a high speed manverable ship so i can fly circles around dreads and out run crusiers

so unless they are going to make different supplys for different parts of the ship, i would think not for the frigates (if they do make different reloads for different things, i would give it an ammo reload only)

0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-11 03:19   
Why is this thread still active .... Wait for the next patch in 7 months then suggest new ships.

-PK

Goto the website of 0mni
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-11 12:10   
Cause I can
Testing out UGTO for a few days, Jaydawg took me in so I can get a good experience outa it, gonna see if I wanna stay Uggy

Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-11 16:48   
Quote:

On 2004-10-11 03:19, PhantomKnight |Eh?| wrote:
Why is this thread still active .... Wait for the next patch in 7 months then suggest new ships.

-PK

ONE:
Gideon Asked me to work on a NEW supply ship configs so i did.

TWO:
It was something i was doing for fun! ! and not realy pushing to become a ship ingame. That is NOT up to me, this is JUST an ideal for the dev teams.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Webstar
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-11 17:02   
7 MINTH IM GAOONA GROW OLD AND DIE WAITIN FOR PATCH 2.00

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-11 18:19   
Ok. slowly back away from the UGTO Heavy Supply ship and NOBODY gets hurt. The Bug Drone is fine too. You wanna fool with the ICC abacus.....er...I mean supply ship FINE (somebody should).

But leave perfection alone

Unless of course ya wanna add a 1500 Reactor slot to the UGTO hvy suppy! Then by all means be my guest!

Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-11 21:32   
Quote:

On 2004-10-11 18:19, Feralwulf wrote:
Ok. slowly back away from the UGTO Heavy Supply ship and NOBODY gets hurt. The Bug Drone is fine too. You wanna fool with the ICC abacus.....er...I mean supply ship FINE (somebody should).

But leave perfection alone

Unless of course ya wanna add a 1500 Reactor slot to the UGTO hvy suppy! Then by all means be my guest!

Sorry But the UGTO supplys will be modded also, please forgive it. I'm going to look into it and see about it. I WILL BE removing the flux beam mount from the heavy as the supply ship has been used to bait a trap and flus the ship and then dreads jump it. This is NOT THE ROLE of a supply ship. EVEN a combat supply. Sorry but i'm going to redo the supplys to be just that a supply ship. One that must be protected at all time but reloads faster. And a more indepentant supply ship that can withstand some comabt and yet still repair ships.

Quote:

On 2004-10-09 17:33, Feralwulf wrote:Grimith {DS Academy}
Well, with an extra engine, that would no longer be the ICC Brick that we've all come to know and love...

*chuckles to himself*

In any case, though, I honestly don't see the use for a combat supply ship --- especially if it only has one reload. I would much prefer being in a ship that had two reloads as opposed to one, despite the extra armor or not. If I want a supply ship that can be combat ready, I could use the ICC Command Carrier.

But, hey, I'm just being picky. Maybe I'm being blind to some oversight.

Nice job making the pictures, though.

Yes that is what i'm wanting to do is inmpove the current brick to a better and more reliable supply ships. But you have others than can not use the command carrier just yet, and thus the combat ready suply ship is a vaulable to the lower ranks people of DS and this is how i think Gideon is trying to go and thus is were i'm going. and thanks about the pic more are bound to come out. But i have been working on a computer for a friend of mine. After it is fixed I should be able to do more modding and posting of the UGTO and K'luth new supply ships.

/me is waiting for a post by Gideon on the ships i've made.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032977 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR