No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Cheating
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Cheating
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-09 14:57   
I hear what you're saying.

We are looking into ways to discourage faction hopping, however, it should be known that it is basically impossible for us to totally eliminate faction hopping.

Even if your account is locked to one faction, ever, chosen at creation. People can make an additional account, use a proxy e-mail address that they created for it, get a 5-day free trial coupon, use it on this temp account, and use that to spy on you.

It's simply something we cannot eliminate, no matter what we do at this point.

Email Gideon
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-09 15:18   
Cookies, IP limitations... things like that? Just some thoughts... I know theres no absolute way to deal with .... people.

Anyone caught fac hopping by a mod/admin gets a ban perhaps? 1 hour 1st offense, 24 hour 2nd offense, 1 week 3rd, 1 month 4th, 1 year 5th... perminant on 6th offense? Just a thought

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Kazu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-09 16:31   
I think you should be stuck with a Faction until the MV is reset or say, 2 months have passed RL.

99% of people who play this game seem to have good morals , but one cheater can ruin a whole system takeover...

my 2cp

Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-09 16:58   
It's such an easy fix I can't beleive it hasn't been done yet. Fesm is absolutely correct. Putting a timer on switching factions is all that is needed. 48 hours sounds about right. If you pick a faction your stuck with it for that amount of time. It doesn't prevent anyone from playing another faction it just prevents people from doing exactly what fesm is talking about. This has been suggested many times I really don't see what is so hard to understand or why people have a problem with it. It only makes the game better yet still fully accessible to anyone who has not decided on a faction yet.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-09 18:02   
If i feel like playing K'luth for one day, i frecking better be able to..
Just one of those "other" opinions..

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-10-10 05:13   
How about Reset MV State including all pres & cash

Well, 24 hour timer then... or 12 hour even. Just an amount of time that is large enough that someone can't give reliable up-to-date info on current MV faction opperations.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-10 06:46   
Heh UGTO and Kluth sent in some spies this morning in Barnards. I was alone at one point and they wanted to be sure. Heh they tried to play stupid and then later some guy named Dohboy logs in and sends me a tell saying he was some ICC spy lol. Should have named him Spyboy... Firefly looks like a spy account heh.

Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-10 06:46   
Heh UGTO and Kluth sent in some spies this morning in Barnards. I was alone at one point and they wanted to be sure. Heh they tried to play stupid and then later some guy named Dohboy logs in and sends me a tell saying he was some ICC spy lol. Should have named him Spyboy... Firefly looks like a spy account heh. I should have logged it or screenshot =)

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Avernus on 2004-10-10 06:53 ]

Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-10 06:47   
Woot double post lol it lagged out and I hit F5 =)

warren
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-10 12:27   
any one every heard of spies that are used in war to find out the enemy plans??
on another note if it that big of a problem just tell all and any non clan person that your going to sol for a raid thus they will be disimformed.

plus i think at the moment there are more important thing worng with the game that affect the fun level more. but thats just me

[ This Message was edited by: warren on 2004-10-10 12:30 ]

-Stormryder-
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-10 16:35   
@ Sono... Yeah, to me I cant seem to stay with one faction, I'm either ICC or UGTO... and if I'm forced to be one faction, whats the point of playing the game then? Just my opinion...

Email -Stormryder-   Goto the website of -Stormryder-
Icefox
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-10 17:18   
I agree with the proposal to have delays between faction switches. I think it would further .. secure things, so to speak. Planetside implemented a similar system when they allowed 2 factions per server for all players, and so far it has worked out quite nicely. I think this could help DS out.

0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-10 20:07   
I like my idea, a simple script addon would do the job, i think its within the capabilities of the Dev's

-PK

Goto the website of 0mni
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-10-11 01:26   
This problem came up today when a Ugto (former) player came over to ICC. People were not trusting this person and he got the brunt of ill will (words exchanged) towards spys/sabo players.
This kind of cheating has become a problem, kinda like things ebb and flow in the MV. It seems to have either increased or just has everyone paranoid.

Another issue I'm sure is that of people getting the free temp accounts and just not caring about their pres. They seem to get killed often but keep attacking with ships from the SY, over and over again. Well at least that pads my kill numbers.

New players will have a hard time being trusted in the MV unless this stops. I'd say that all three factions should control their own players and not use any info that is gleened in this way. Regulate your own players and perhaps we can get some fair play going again in MV.

Warrior_Luna
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-11 03:12   
Well I would like to say about another cheating that I have seen and I think that is unfairly to other ppl. I will not say whom is doing it because I have seen done by other different fleet not just one.

Any how what I have seen is where a ship is staying close to a planet that has a ship yard, and when the enemy comes close to killing that ship, they go into the planet and get another ship and destroy yours ship. Now I think that is so unfair and there should be something done about this is there any suggestion or has anyone else seen what I have seen.

Warrior Luna

[ This Message was edited by: Warrior_Luna on 2004-10-11 03:15 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027024 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR