No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » cancer man's dumb ideas (balance related, long)
 Author cancer man's dumb ideas (balance related, long)
Evil Mike
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-07 20:06   
1) flux problem, i don't think that restricting the flux is the best solution. building system damage scaling code into the ship's hull code is probly better, somthing like:

scout's take 4x curent sys dmg

frigs take 2x

dessy's, tranny's supply and engineering ships stay the same

cruisers take 1/2

dreads 1/4

stations 1/8

2) dictors, i think that icc and uggy dictors should have a little more offensive power. i also think that dictor frigs should be created for all factions, however i think they should use a smaller dictor unit with a 300 or so gu range so they have to stay within wpns range of the target to have any effect.

3) cloak, i don't think that eccm should have ANY effect on cloaked ships, however this dosent mean that i think there shuold be no counter measure. i think that a new device should be created that can be built on planets that would expose kluth at 3000 gu. a similar device should be availible that fits into dictor slots. if the frig dictor is created (i hope) then a kluth detector(very original name, eh?) should be availible as a replacement to the dictor with a range of 5-800 gu. a larger 1 should be availible for the larger dictor with a range or 2-3000 gu.

4) kluth armor, i think that if the cloak is changed to some thing like this then the kluth should be stripped of there armor. i think it should be replaced with bio-shields similar to the icc's exept only 1 full shiled per ship and they ought to heal a little faster. this shield should give off a sig of 5.0 that can't be masked by the cloak, so if a kluth wants to cloak they must turn off there shield and be exposed to fluxes and what not. cloak still shouldn't be able to to mask wpn sig.

5) wpn balance, i know there was a vision of hit and run when the kluth were created, however this is a very frustrating system for every 1 involved. for the kluth it kind sucks geting to shoot 1 or 2 volleys then having to jump to safety, and for the human teams is very frustrating have a kluth uncloak behind u, tear u a new ass then jump away b4 u get a chance to retailiate. i belive it's this frustration that led to the whining that made it nessecary to nerf the cloak and make kluth just anouther battle ship in the first place.

im sugesting that a fudmental rethinking of the term hit and run is nessecary in order to return to it. instead or decloaking alpha striking and jumping , when the cloak worked i found it more fun ( for both me and the humans) to just fire my torps and recloak after 5-6 seconds, do this a # of times then fire my beams for the kill shot (if i made it that far). so instead of giving the kluth the most powerful, longest recharging wpns maybe they should have the weakest, quickest wpns. with the icc getting the mid range and the uggys getting the most powerful. this way the kluth have stealth, icc defense, and uggys offense. the kluth would still be hitting and running just in a different way and the uggys would have somthing to set them apart.

(sry bout the blocks of text, didn't mean for that)

6) wps diversity, i would like to see 3 sized slots for wpns, beams, mines and special slots, 2 to 3 of every device for each sized slot. (ie r30 and r50 rail guns for wpn l slot, r300, r500 and r900 for wpn ll slot) i would also like to see some new wpn's created, some ideas are:

convergence beams: scale down the dmg energy and reload times for all levels of disrupors and creat the convergence beam as the heavier version. causes the matter and anti-matter that coexist in the same space (in everything) to contct and creat an antimatter reaction in the target.

tacyon beams: do less damage that cl but at a much greater range 5-600 gu for the largest.

flux shield: takes a reactor slot and uses alot of energy but cuts the dmg done to ship and armor by energy wpns by half.

gravity cannons: fires a densly pact pocket of controled gravity into a target, does alot of dmg to armor or hull but almost none to shields

plasma flamethrower: half the range of a cl laser but much more dmg at the same range (u know what i mean)

anyways let me know what u think.

(edit: couple typo's)

[ This Message was edited by: Cancer Man on 2004-10-07 20:10 ]

Evil Mike
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-08 20:07   
come on ppl a little feed back would be nice. even if its just "u suck"

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-08 20:16   
From the Development Log:

Quote:
1.483 - Alpha
- Large changes which represent a rollup of things that have been evolving in the background of DS development.

Among these changes are:
- A new system of cloaking.
- Greater diversity in weapon sizes and strengths.
- Greater diversity in defense sizes strengths.
- An attempt to return each faction to their original design intent.
- An attempt at relative (not absolute) balance.
- Provisions for future expansion of DS gameplay.
- Control over certain aspects of the simulation that have created undesirable issues.

Details will be posted in the beta forum.

- Some general upgrades to special effects and sound effects, to begin to bring us up to speed with the gaming market.

There's your feedback

Email Tbone
-DJSMITH- {Thors Hammer}
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-08 21:02   
i do like the ideas however, nicely worded

Proud Member of the Thor's Hammer Bomber Squadron

Hyena
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-08 23:54   
u suck

I don't like the dictor idea cause the whole point of dictors is not to trap one ship but, to provide a safe area for a fleet to organize at. I do think something needs to be done to make people want to fly it (and all the other "useless" ships). I want to see DS get more team oriented like it was when I first came here. I think a restoration of grouping would help in that effort a lot (Why'd F get rid of it?). It would also be cool if we took the current pres gain stats and cut them in half for when you're flying solo but, make them +50% when flying in a group (the +50% will be a shield of sorts against noobs who group and have no idea what they're doing and cause their teamies to lose pres). Plus a 500-600 gu beam is crazy talk if has a low recharge rate (and as you wanted it is weak) then it's useless. Too high a recharge rate and we see a super-mega pulse beam. That kluth cloak idea is kinda cool. Lastly, I know this will never happen but let's make a planetary cloak technology while we're at it.

Yes this is an actual quote,
23:10:19 [S.W]AdmBito [Cheddar Hammer]: "ass is ok though"

-AdmBito, on the use of profanity in the Lobby

[ This Message was edited by: Zeus {The Professional Amateur} on 2004-10-08 23:55 ]
22:11:45 [=MCN=]King Midshipman Dempster: \"bito smells like cat poo\"
22:11:58 [S.W]AdmBito: \"I cant disagree with that\"
22:12:17 [eXS]Zeus {the Grand Poobah}: \"you have a lot of cats?\"
22:12:27 [S.W]AdmBito: \"No, just a lot of cat poo\"

0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-09 00:26   
The reason it was scraped, is because some ppl where abuseing the system. Although some need for ppl to gain pres from the dictor is needed.

-PK

PS- I want a custom ship with 50 Disrupters, 50 ame drives, and 10 jump drives so that I can kill one person, jump to another person, and kill them be4 they know what hit them

Goto the website of 0mni
Page created in 0.012018 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR