No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Flyer's wish list for the next versions
 Author Flyer's wish list for the next versions
Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-06 03:47   
Hi everybody,

I know that a lot (or even all) of the things i post here are already mentioned before. But maybe there are some new things.

First:

Bring grouping and most important prestigesharing back. I know it will be exploited but it is more important that people get an incentive to play a support roll (interdictor / supply / scout). Now there is NO reward for flying the UGTO/ICC interdictor or to run an ECM scout to aid bombing. Also often personal prestigegain is put above the needs of the fleet. (people not willing to help a station in need because they are afraid of losing their ship in the progress)
My suggestion on this divide prestigegain AND loss that a player gets
- 40% of the prestige is for the player himself
- 40% of the prestige will be divided along the people in the same group or taskforce (if the player is not in a taskforce he will keep this for his own)
- 20% of all prestige is divided on all ships in the vicinity (system) of the player.
This will greatly reinforce teamplay. Why --> simple example: that is not just a player on the brink of losing a station that is a lot of prestige loss for the entire faction and therefore worth of losing a few ships for saving it.

Second:

This is already on the Development Log but it is on the wishlist so.
Balance weapons and ships. Make also a bit more faction specific tech (ugto has no faction specific tech at the moment) and balance those out as well. ---> pretty obvious we have had enough flux and pulse and cloak
arguments already.

Third:

Create a small server where prestige and credit gain(loss) is disabled.
In this server make a few fully functional mod planets in them for each race and several target planets to practise on (building/bombing). Reset this server every 2 or 3 hours. Maybe make the option to build a planet and then switch it to hostile to test the defences. (only for subscribers)

Fourth:

Keep the MV open for not subscribed players. They will get help there easier (more people in the MV).

Fifth:

At the MV restart give the homeplanets already some tech and a schipyard and remove the homegates from the map (they are not needed anymore)

Last:

Also very important GIVE US NEW STUFF
-platforms
-new models
-new items
-new graphics effects
-new ....

edited some small typos

[ This Message was edited by: Flyer on 2004-10-06 05:46 ]

Email Flyer
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-06 03:50   
number 3...what a GREAT idea.....good for noobs, but vets wont go in because they cant gain pres

Tiggy
Midshipman
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-10-06 04:07   
I STRONGLY agree with number one. Not ALL of the details; but there is, like flyer said, NO reward for interdictors, minelayers, or sensor boats.

Something needs to be done about that. Plus, it really, really eases in the new players. I've got a friend who was willing to start playing, but decided against it when I told him there was basically nothing he could do in the MV to effectively make prestige in the early stages; which is true.

Email Tiggy
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-06 05:37   
indeed. currently the only way for a noob to gain pres in the MV is to take an engineering ship and put a reload on it.

sort-of an exploit, but ive told a few "noob"s about this and a couple of them stayed becuase they had somethign to do.

my point: groupings a great idea.

Email Meko
Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-06 07:59   
Your wrong if you think new players can't earn any prestige in the MV. I only wish I had someone get me started quicker. Build your friend a reload and have him fly the basic build ship. Show him/her how to buy and refit the reload. Now have him follow you around in formation and supply you and your buddies. Works great and the new player gets a first hand experience of the epic battles that take place and everything else that the persistent universe offers. Much more interesting than scenario servers because what you do makes a difference. If your not available to help your friend just get him working with another player or group that can use a supply.

Avernus

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Avernus on 2004-10-06 08:00 ]

Midnight *FA*
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

From: ICS. Idot (ICC Station) somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Posted: 2004-10-06 12:19   
Umm concearning number four.... your compleatly wrong.. home gates have one use.. well 2.. 1st use.. if your empire gets compleatly wiped from the MV.. where do you think youll spawn later to take a planet and start back in the MV from..? 2nd use.. some noob or vengful player that doesnt know any better takes down all the ship yards.... what the frell are you stupposed to do then ??

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-06 12:54   
What happened to team work for the sake of success? Or Fun? Or a better game experience for everyone?

Take one for the team, and fly the dictor for a while. Is prestige really that important that you can't take 30 minutes and risk losing a few points? Just rotate through the fleet who gets to fly it.. whoever dies in another ship has to take over or something. Not so hard.

Be a team player for the sake of team play... not prestige.

(or maybe I'm just weird)

Email Shigernafy
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-06 13:38   
Dictor is actualy pretty good if u mod it properly...and with 1.483 Gid will make the damn thing easier to fly no doubt.

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2004-10-06 16:08   
Quote:

On 2004-10-06 07:59, Fatal Avernus wrote:
Your wrong if you think new players can't earn any prestige in the MV.

not many of them do, like backslash for example

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
-DJSMITH- {Thors Hammer}
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-06 16:56   
yeah, those are good ideas... i try to do teamplay, but usually its "ahh run for your lives! ICC onslaught everywhere! run to the clusters! we'll just sit there and be safe! Aw Crap they took the cluster, lets not do anything and run to another cluster!" basic same thing everyday...

not trying to make fun of anyone here, but i mean COMEON! so what if you lose a modded TC or AC or whatever you have... ITS A GAME! HAVE FUN!!!
BE A TEAM!!!

Proud Member of the Thor's Hammer Bomber Squadron

Captain Blue
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-06 17:06   
yah i agrre but also i no people are gunna yell at me for suggesting this but why not make the MV free i mean after the free trial im gunna go back to midshipman when ima commander closing in on captian right now and i no people are gunna say well then use ur trial coupon or why dont you just buy it. and my responce is why. why do i have to i beleve that the MV should be free cause then people like me will get to use our really cool ships that we have on the MV now that it will be open for everyone. thats all im trying to say so hear me out ok thanks

Email Captain Blue
-DJSMITH- {Thors Hammer}
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-06 17:14   
i think they should take subscription out, then again.... how are they gonna pay for the servers....

Proud Member of the Thor's Hammer Bomber Squadron

Captain Blue
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-06 19:06   
well yah i guesse but look at darkspace asia i no it is entirly different but look how they manage

Email Captain Blue
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-07 08:45   
shig some ppl play like that.

other arnt willing to, making the ones that Are willing, Unwilling.

Email Meko
Page created in 0.022959 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR