No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Faction Restrictions
 Author Faction Restrictions
Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-05 18:54   
It's come to my attention that not only do spies log in and check the tactical map for fleet information but it also appears they are sabotaging planet defenses and infostructure on planets that are not locked. I'm seeing alot of general ICC planets that are subject to sabotage. I suggest that if any player decides to switch faction in the MV that he is restricted from logging onto his old faction for a set amount of time. Longer the better IMO.

Avernus

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-05 19:44   
Welcome to dark Space.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-05 19:47   
Agreed, while I am guilty of switching factions whenever the faction I am on gains too much of an advantage, I STAY IN the switched faction for at least a month or more. I only switch because I pay to play an intense battle game and it is no fun to be on the overwhelmingly winning side. SPIES AND SABOTEURS SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!

Aragorn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-05 19:48   
I am a big supporter of the idea that faction switching should be penalized.

Again, I maintain that the MV is not a larger version of a newb server but should be taken more seriously.

and by the way....... sabotage is not a one way street.. THe UGTO is on the recieveing end of plenty.

One important thing to remember is that sabotage isn't always what it seems;

Defense bases are often turned off by more experienced players to help planets recover from plague, and sometimes may be forgotten to be turned on.

New players NOOBS within faction have been known to "build" or should I say practice building, in the MV. But the new players rarely understand the subtleties of planet balenceing so wind up scrapping valuable stuff.

Make sure it is sabotage and if you can, get the licence plate #

Email Aragorn
Avernus
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-05 20:29   
For the most part DS players seem honorable and respectable but you know there are always cheaters or people that will exploit the system any way they can. It seems feasable to put a time restriction on changing factions. Not so much as a penalty but restrictions so that sabatoge and spying can be minimized. Hey if people want to open second account to spy and do sabatoge you really can't stop it but DS can use the money so for those people we can hunt em down and roll em but for the rest of us that only use one account it only makes sense. This way if you do decide to change allegiance you can.

Page created in 0.011986 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR