No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Heros of Dark Space
 Author Heros of Dark Space
Ascension(Purge)
Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-04 15:42   
First off, I'm not here to name off all the people, I feel, deserve some original Medal for being heroes, (If I was you would all get one anyway) but instead to offer an idea which I will start now and try to elaborate on later including you construtive critique, because it is a pretty big idea and I feel it is more than noteworthy.

So let’s start out with the why before the what. Have you ever seen someone pull the most fantastic stunt? Or possibly the most daring victory? What about subterfuge that led to a great victory, and for that matter, a great victory? Well ladies and gents here is my idea. “Heroes of DS“, now at this moment, I am still working out how a person could become one, but I already have most of the advantages worked out.

A hero would either receive a unique badge, or maybe some kind of animated luxury in his profile, etc. (A Golden Badge, or maybe a pin that is visible next to your signature.) That would be the tangible advantage, the in-game advantages are much more elaborate.

I feel that maybe additional damage (Not much, just enough to be special and wanted) or maybe sharper steering of your ship, or better anti-sensor/sensor points, whatever. This upgrade could also lead to Leadership/Influence/Prestige points, whatever the creators feel is fair.

Also, some in game perks. Like whenever a friendly ship (Could be restricted to be only factional or clan related) ship enters 50-200 GU’s, (Or whatever distance is fair) the hero could give off an Aura, that would give 10% (More or Less) of the advantage he receives for his ship. To whoever is close enough to his ship. Bringing hope to his allies, and strengthening their resolve to prove themselves worthy of their particular faction/their heroes notice. (Or maybe just their clan) There could also be negative consequences for enemies, such as they grow fearful and nervous reducing damage or whatever. (This probably should not be used)

Also I feel that a "Hero" should be allowed one "mission strike" (Like in Influence without the prestige loss) per every two hours (More or less I don't care). That’s all I got for now. I could care less whether the idea seems bad or not, So all of you, just tell me how you would tweak the advantages. Or whether there should be more disadvantages. (Such as Hero somehow stands out in combat to opposition, or if Hero emergency jumps once or twice he loses his hero status and in degraded back to normal) I will be posting more on this idea.

[ This Message was edited by: Ascension(Purge) on 2004-10-04 15:47 ]

Email Ascension(Purge)
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-10-04 15:50   
I agree 100% on ya.

thats is why the palestar staff *shigernafy mostly* has been working realy hard on a new award system.

right now when you go to your profile you will see this on the bottom

Quote:

Awards and Decorations

You do not currently have any awards!

Now i wont go into to much details since the Event staff among others are still working out the details.
its still a bit hush hush
but i can guarantee to you that in the future players can earn more awards.
these however are just for show and wont give you access to new ships or items

Thats what i can tell about it for now

- Axi

Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-04 15:50   
Sounds like "heroes" from Warcraft III. Sorry, but you have little info on how to get ther, so I can't really comment. Seems more like eye candy over practical gameplay usage though.

Email Axalon
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-04 15:52   
eye candy is good. it keeps my eyes healthy. mmm, candy.

0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-04 16:00   
I'd say anyone with the first part of thier nick begning with phantom is automatically a "hero"

-PK

Goto the website of 0mni
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-04 16:07   
omg. no.

Captain Blue
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-04 17:45   
Quote:

On 2004-10-04 15:50, Axalon{Absolut} (Recruiting) wrote:
Sounds like "heroes" from Warcraft III. Sorry, but you have little info on how to get ther, so I can't really comment. Seems more like eye candy over practical gameplay usage though.

hahaha nice ...

Email Captain Blue
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-10-04 17:47   
Shigernafy really put a lot of work into the Award system, so good work with that .

Page created in 0.020581 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR