No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Selective planet locking.
 Author Selective planet locking.
SuperQuack69
Cadet

Posted: 2004-10-02 21:58   
Normally i dont really like posting in suggestion forums. I like darkspace alot so I figure i might as well post my suggestion.
I know we all have gripes about planet locking. And im sure you dont want to hear what you think is another one of the many crappy ideas. So just bare with me, or close the window.

When you lock a planet it locks not only the buildings and prevents them from being scraped it also locks the factories so nothing can be built. Since the trial started ive noticed this causing alot of proplems with everyone. you want a nice mod planet but you also dont want someone to come in and strip the planet because they think its built wrong. etc etc etc.

So here is my idea

Break planet locking into selectable options

(Main option)
--Lock planet--

(sub options)
Lock buldings/structures
Lock Factoryies
Lock infantry

Lock planet.
Lock planet is the main button clicking it sets everything to lock.Its basicly what it currently is now.

Lock Buildings/structures.
Lock buildings/structures is just that. It will prevent the planets buildings from being scraped. Its the main reason to lock the planet in the frist place. (I think it should be default, because what point is there in locking a planet and still letting buildings be scraped or turned off etc, but i could be wrong)

Lock Factories.
Lock factories is just that. Clicking it will prevent anyone below that rank from setting build options at the factories on the planet. Deselecting it will let anyone build from the factory, regardless of rank. This is the nifty thing about it. While buildings will be locked, factories can still be built from. This prevents a mod planet being screwed up by someone of lower rank.

Lock Infantry.
Lock Infantry keeps infantry on the planet. It Removes the load option from them. It will prevent them from being moved by less experienced players. It can be used to keep the infantry on the specific planet that needs to be defended. This came to me when I was sitting there moving infantry back an forth (like a good player should) from other planets to a shipyard planet where there was like only 12 infantry or so. A shipyard planet shouldnt have all of its troops removed or so few left that it cant defend a drop or have some left over from a bombing attack. So i think this option is a must.
Mabey this can be extended farther. ie "Lock all infantry" , "Lock Heavy infantry" , "Lock Infantry" etc

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-02 22:02   
I like the idea for Factories...its been brought up before...just not addressed yet...

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-10-02 22:03   
That isn't a bad idea. Most of the time I lock a planet is when I don't want the structures to be touched. So if I can just do that, people won't be complaining about the factory not working.

Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-02 22:43   
I like the idea myself, especially the infantry one. I've been hearing many people in the game "DON'T STRIP SY PLANETS!!!!!" or something like that. So, I say that's a pretty good idea you got there.

Email Shippo
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-10-02 23:10   
Very good ideas indeed *Tips Hat*

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-03 01:38   
I personly think, that this is a good idea

however, another one to be added:

let's say each rank gets a number value.

and GA is the highest number value, midshipman is lowest.

so, if the planet is locked, and you click on it your number value is subtracted from the number value of the planet.

so, it would take a bunch of midshipman (like 20 or so) to unlock a planet locked by a GA

but if you had, per say, some 1ra's, yo'd need only like 3 or 4.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-03 05:34   
fattierob.. bad idea... newbies comspiring to oust a GA??

hahaha

anyways, What pete said.

Email Meko
Page created in 0.014150 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR