No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » pirates need lovin too.
 Author pirates need lovin too.
Viktor diGriz
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-02 15:12   
I have not been around long enough to make specific suggestions, but the whole ship capture thing needs to be reworked. (Maybe with a new class of ship built for it.)

I was running around trying to cap last night in an extractor with max ecm. I unloaded around 55 inf, one at a time, on different ships.

Every time I did so my entire play style was ruined, because for the enemy it is a matter of them jumping back with the planet huggers and recycling into the shipyard.

I know capturing an enemy ship is supposed to be hard, but allowing the prey to run back to the shipyard makes them all but invincible to capture.

Also, if I were a space pirate, I would tell a ship that had been captured to return to port and wait for me to check it out...

i.e. later that day I would then take my stolen ship and distress for supply... when the supply guy shows up, I unload my inf on him or just shoot him to pieces.

Moral of the story is that captured ships should go to my garage, and when I spawn in them, my friend or foe signature should default to whatever faction is theirs. (After a delay or something so I did not spawn and die to planetary defenses.) Naturally, the first aggressive move I make in the ship will change my friend or foe color.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Tonitrus on 2004-10-02 15:21 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Tonitrus on 2004-10-02 15:22 ]

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-02 23:29   
Remember these are military vessels in constant contact with each other, not civilian vessels flying alone somewhere in the uncharted universe. I would think an entire cruiser dissapeering in the middle of a fight would be noticed, not to mention they would probably say something.

I will admit the ship capturing ability is somewhat out of place right now. Its faster and easier just to kill someone or make them run from damage. But if they do get back into a shipyard, whats wrong with that clearing out the enemy infantry? Unless you think a few squads contained in an enemy ship can take on an entire planet. Bring a friend in a dictor next time.

Sooner or later you will be able fly any ship you have captured. Just not during the trial.

Email Tbone
Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-03 00:05   
it dose not matter how many troops you drop on them only one will show.attack the em ship

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-03 05:29   
take it from me.

caping enemy ships takes a few things.

to cap in the MV, anything less than "Hardend" infantry will be next to impossible.

the enemy ship has to be severilly damaged becuase if there not they have too much time to go to a friendly planet and get friendly inf.

drop one inf at a time.

drop on the enemy ship when your ON it. not infront or beside, ON. the reason? splash damage from torps kills inf too easy.

anyways, this is how i cap ships.

Email Meko
Page created in 0.015994 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR