No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Developer Update 9/26/2004 - Beta Updated
 Author Developer Update 9/26/2004 - Beta Updated
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-09-26 22:48   
Beta is updated... we need testers.

All nouns and verbs are now queued sorted by priority then sent to the clients limited by the amount of available bandwidth. This should prevent the buffer overflow issue with the current code, in which the server can queue up too much data to the clients, causing lots of lag.

This may need to be tested for a couple of days to be sure it has no major inherit bugs.

I've already noted several hard crashes of clients, I need the exception.log's in order to fix these crashes.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-26 23:54   
An interesting side note of this that some of us discovered - infantry count as low priority nouns... or something

INF unloaded from ship to shore still appeared in cargo, couldn't load unload or eject. Couldn't load any cargo either. Only a trip to the SY could erase the ghosts. Someone reported that the INF on board were losing HP according to some units they dropped on an enemy planet as well.

All in all, good job F

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-27 02:04   
1) Any cargo that I droped on planet, INF/resources/gadget, I visualy saw drop. The icon for them remained in cargo, and took up the cargo slot, i.e. can't load more cargo.

1a) The INF: I saw them loose health when in battle, and I could disband them from cargo and they disapeared off planet. But they remain in my hold.

1b) Resources: I saw them drop to planet ( no port yet), they remain in cargo. And the planet did not register that I droped the resources, i.e. droped metals for building but they never got there.

1c) Any item droped on planet was considered gone from cargo, such as I could not drop/sell them after I initaly droped them. So I can not drop multiple times with same cargo item.

1d) I can sell cargo at a port, that works fine.

2) Planet collsion is goofy. At slow speed I can planet crash, but with no server message of colision. It just puts me at the Jump Gate and the ship is lost. I think I did loose prestige when I crashed, lost maybe 2-10 pres when I watched my loss from a trany crash.

3) The game did crash one time. I was going into orbit to get to the shipyard, about 300gu away the game locked up and finaly sent me back to lobby. I did get the 'ding' of a error message, but no message. Key buffer may have caused it to go away before I saw it.

edit: My file exception.log is empty, both beta and release. Perhaps I need to alt tab out to get this? If this would be usefull from my crash, ill try to get it if it happens again.

[ This Message was edited by: Light hand on 2004-09-27 02:07 ]

Page created in 0.014045 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR