No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Stations need to be better.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Stations need to be better.
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-22 09:54   
Quote:

On 2004-09-19 20:29, Bloody Traitor wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-09-19 18:51, BackSlash {Absolut} wrote:
SUPPORT station

not UBERWTFPWNEDOMG station

ugh....we dont need an uber station.

And going on this post and others, I think to post about station improvments you have to actually be able to fly them....

Anywho, I still think that stations need a huge boost to weapons that can actually hit their target, and give pause to any attackers thinking about attacking said station. Now, we could go the obvious route, and load new stations with massive amounts of flux waves, or we could have the intermediate range weapons boosted, aka psi/AR missiles, and, if the promised boost comes through to the weapon slots, throw a bunch of those on their. There won't be a need for 70 bajllion hvy weapons, just a few, and some lasers...Oh, and toss in more armor, cuz we lik r-more.

Bito

I have flown many a station tyvm Bito. Thanks for the insult though, nice to know where I stand.

Also the badge requirments are fine for the stations that are going to appear, they will be mainly for support, so they wont pose as "uber station" anymore. Hell, the AD, EAD and Mandy are more powerfull than a station and sure as hell can manouver and last a lot longer than one in a fight....shouldnt they be put up to GA too....not to mention torp cruisers...they can own any station and Dread...might aswell make a new rank so we cant get them till we are "UBER ADMIRAL" with "STEEL BADGES OF DOOM".

Yes stations need making better..

NO putting more weapons on them is not the awnser.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {Absolut} on 2004-09-22 09:59 ]

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-22 10:11   
Ok guya and gals This is getting boarding, Many people have sugested changing the stations. EVEN myself. BUT this latests ideal od adding more weapons types and also uber badges to the newest stations are BULL! ! !
The stations does need to be reworked and THAT is being addressed SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND WAIT FOR THE NEW STATION. If the new station is not what YOU want then fine start to itch and moan, TILL THEM JUST SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND WAIT FOR THE NEW STATION.

Thank you! !

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-22 11:53   
@Backslash

I wasn't insulting you, just kidding around. Don't take things so personally, but sorry if I hurt your feelings. I admit, joking around is a bit harder to sound out on the internet than it is in my head...

And while I'm not sure others are saying that we need an uberstation, personally, I think it needs a boost in short-intermediate range weapons that will actually hit the target should be venture close enough. Torpedoes don't fit this category. AR/Psi missiles, cannons, flux (ugh)....these all do. And lasers and disruptors, should a ship's captain be silly enough to fly even closer. So while you might not be assaulting a planet with a bunch of psi cannons or AR missiles, you could give pause to a cruiser or two who thinks they could just circle you lobbing torps inwards.

Also, would it make sense that any weapons mounted on a non-mobile station would be longer ranged than a hard-pounding torpedo, ranged about 600-gu at their furthest? Wouldn't that be prudent military planning? With the station not being able to get into range itself, it would need a weapon that could do it for the station, and thus, torpedos should NOT be the main armament of a station.

Bito

Puppies gotta die, too.

Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-22 12:06   
/me pats backlashes back and gives him a complimentry piece of cheddar

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-22 12:12   
Think hes been stuck on that bomber dessy too long Hes gettin cranky.

Torps do have their uses, but only vs other stations (how about that... a Counter-Station Station? ) I would imagine.

Most all of the ships that exist now are in good places with their requirements. NEW ships/stations/??? to be added, however, need to be thought out. Any such "Combat Station" or "Planetary Assault Station" would HAVE to have higher requirements, simply because if they are properly executed they will be insane additions to any fleet.

GA is a must, and the idea of new badges isn't too bad either.

On a side note... can we have a Lead Badge for people with high FF rates or something? Just came to me

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-22 12:54   
Quote:

On a side note... can we have a Lead Badge for people with high FF rates or something?

AMEN TO THAT! I'll make the graphic!

Email Axalon
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-22 15:17   
Don't know - have flown a few stations. And they are floating deathtraps - they can win a toe-to-toe against a single dreadnought, but that's about it.

Against anything capable of dodging, they're pretty much toast.

A handful of fast weapons (light damage but fast enough to hit cruisers at torp volley ranges ought to be enough to help) Gotta remember, of course, that even though torp tracking is supposed to be on it's way out -- Station's dodging torps? Yeah right.

Nax

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-22 15:22   
I think Stations should remain support stations. Becides, Stations are and forever will be too slow to be very effective in combat, as everybody says.

Goto the website of Novacat
Fatal Buster
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-22 20:27   
i think could be nice to have another type of station, bigger than standard station like "Death Star" of Star Wars. It will be like a small planet maybe with shipyard...

Email Fatal Buster
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-09-22 21:47   
Offhand, I just want to say that stations that are any bigger than the ones we have (or like stations that have their own mini-shipyards) should not be allowed to hide in planetary shipyards. If they're pulled out, that's it. The player is stuck with the ship until he/she loses it. Even if he/she logs out, it'll still stay there... drifting through space... waiting for the player to log back in.

See? Let's be reasonable!

Goto the website of Grimith
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-23 05:36   
No death stars, period.

Goto the website of Novacat
Smith
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-23 08:15   
i'd be happy if they just left the WH device on there and put a jd back on for inner system travel. then they'd be ok again.

[ This Message was edited by: Smith on 2004-09-23 08:17 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-23 13:37   
This is true... one of the stations biggest deathtrap elements is the fact that it has no way to escape if it is surrounded. They can't E-Jump, they can't longjump, all they can do is have a chance to create a wormhole that the enemy can easily follow them through (or, if they are skilled, open a wormhole to the sun ontop of their enemy

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-23 19:43   
I agree Currently the stions are deathtraps. And IF your able to worm hole the fleet that was hitting you can follow you into the wh and finishe there job of killing you, BUT you can leave then so far in outa space that they will use up and just about use up the jump fuel to get back to the system that they were in. Imageing that ,

Into the wormhole finish off that station, soon the Station is gone wormhole has since closed. Um were are we? A fleet of UGTO ships floating around near the edges of the MV and they have not the amout of fuel needed to get back to a system. Other than logging they have no way to return fast.

But yes i do agree that there needs to be something done to the stations but that is already being adressed right now by the dev team. so please stop the crying an begging and just wait for the new station PLEASE!

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-23 23:00   
im nt gonna comment on uber or not to uber....one thing i think stations need is the ability to close their own wh if they choose to do so

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025569 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR