No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » SYSTEMS DAMAGED
 Author SYSTEMS DAMAGED
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2004-09-19 00:29   
ok, this is kind of like wykes post... but more logical....................................... I think that only flux and emp weapons should destroy systems.... I mean think about it.... plus...... it's not really fair..... I can't have any good battles because they shoot me with enough particle cannons and bam my weapons are destroyed......... that should not be....... I can live with flux.. but I mean... jeeze.....

[ This Message was edited by: Xpli$it on 2004-09-19 00:29 ]

Lightning
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-19 00:36   
what happened to good old fashioned slugging it out with weapon systems that aren't taken out so easily.

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-19 00:49   
well DEMP THINKS that u should have to target a single ships system in order to disable it whats the fun or tactics in pressing v when u get close? lol...

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-19 05:26   
what demp is talkign about is pressing (.) aka period aka "dot" to target a ship specific thing.

Demp you freaking GENIOUS.

target engine, alpha strike on that engine.

then target the next one, and so one untill a ships dead in space. plz tell me micromanagment like this would be so sweet.

Email Meko
Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2004-09-19 07:29   
System damage was a part of this game for a long time , they just have been broken for a while since introduction of 1.481 .I understand its hard for some noobs to have them around.You need to use your head ,know when to retreat.But thats good youll need to develop some minor skills then just spacebar mashing.I even understand whinning ive seen houndreds of noobs go whine into forums about thousedns of reasons for the time ive been here.Just live with it becouse after 1.483 and introduction nukes to mid slot youll whine even more.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-19 07:59   
That's all just and well Piotr, but Flux-Stacking in HW Slots is teh lame and in widespread use

/me chants .483 .483 .483

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-19 08:37   
It's true - pretty much, in a non-autorepair ship, you had to start looking for your path out a lot earlier (around 50% hull damage) instead of the truly last second jumping.

But, it also made reloads/repair ships far more important. Used to see 'combat supply' ships alot more right smack in the middle of battle.

Nax

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-19 10:29   
Haven't seen ANY since I came back - save when an enemy fleet jumps into the middle of a repair orgy...

I think it would be nice to focus the blast of your weapons on the rear of the ship or the front of the ship - with the knowledge that it increases your chances of missing (even with the beam weapons! ). Not target specific components though... cause first thing that would go would be the jump drive, then reactors, engines, weapons - and then they would start eating away at the hull.

Ooo... I just thought that it would be nice if after like 20% hull left your self destruct didn't work & if it was counting down at 20% it keeps counting, but if it is still counting at 10% the countdown is inturrupted (self D relays severed orso... they can be distrupted by one of those big gleaming holes in the hull that all look so much alike )

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Page created in 0.015222 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR