No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Billing and subscription suggestion
 Author Billing and subscription suggestion
Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-15 13:00   
Hi have a small suggestion about the subscription.

My problem is that i do not have much free time. So when i subscribe for a month i can maybe play about 10 maybe 15 hours maybe even less time.

So what i would suggest is a second subscribtion methode based on time played instead of on a monthly based. So in stead of a month subscription with unlimited playing time you would get like 30 hours of playing time but no restriction on the timeframe you have to use those 30 hours.

This would be nice for the people who want to play once in a while but do not play enough to get a subscription.

I really hope you take this seriously

Email Flyer
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-15 13:12   
Not gonna happen

Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-15 15:12   
why not, it would bring a lot of people back who now do not subscribe because they don't have enough time

Email Flyer
chris aka sunshine
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-19 06:56   
pricing would be a problem.. what's a decent price for a given playtime... 10$ are a month of palytime, that's around 720 hours..

what would you be willing to pay fot 5/10/30 hors of palytime?! sure, would be a great offer for those with little time for gaming..

Email chris aka sunshine   Goto the website of chris aka sunshine
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-19 07:03   
Well, pricing..

You got statistics?

So, go see how much the average subbed Player plays per Month.

Then make per-hour-pay like 10% or so more costly than that.

There you got it.

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-19 11:05   
like someone else said, (probly gid) people would choose the one that cost them less and ds would lose money, so not happening...

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-19 11:34   
We germans got the nice term "Milchmädchenrechnung" for that kind of logic...

Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-19 13:39   
DS would maybe lose some money, but then again there are quite a few people around who don't subsribe because of lack of playing time. They would join witch means extra money and more important MORE PLAYERS.

Also this will keep players in DS even if they have a period that they don't play. Let me explain what I mean. you are subscribed to DS but then a new game comes out (one you have been waiting for) and you start playing that game and stop playing DS. In the normal subscription procedure your subscription is going to end and you stop playing. Afterwards you will have to resubribe again if you want to start playing DS again, I personally think that a lot of people don't bother subscribing again.
However with my proposed subscription methode a lot of people will come back to DS because their subscribtion is still running and therefor they have a reason to come back.

I don't think that this will be a bad thing player wise or financial

Email Flyer
Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-19 14:36   
I suggested this a while back and I think it is a good idea not only for the players but also for darkspace, my idea was shot down for a coupla reasons one gid said people would figure out what option costs less and go with that (probably true but if the premium for hourly play was set high enough like 50 percent higher than the average sub players hourly cost i dont think this would be a factor, and the player who can only play for 10 or so hours a week would still be ok with it)another issue that gideon brought up i believe was some sort of liabiltiy for someone else using up someones playtime (i dont really understand this one ...if your stupid enough to give out your password to people you get what you deserve...)

I think this would attract more people to darkspace and actually in the end generate more revenue for palestar...all that is needed is for someone to pour over the average playtime stats and come up with the proper pricing for hourly play plus the premium.

Page created in 0.016394 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR