No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +12.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Signature image size limitations
 Author Signature image size limitations
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 21:42   
There now exists code to automatically limit the size of signature images, to avoid overly large images dominating screen space in threads.

Currently, due to the way the code works, all signatures are set at 0x0 pixels, and none will be displayed in the forums. However, the maximum size is set at 518x192. This value may be changed in the future to suit our desires or needs.

In order to enable your signature image again, you must edit your profile. To do this, open your Profile (via the Profile button in chat, or the Profile link at the top of the link list on the left side of the website), then click on [Edit Profile] link. If your image conforms to our size standard, all you need to do is click in the Signature box, and hit the space bar. This will make the code think your signature has changed, which is required for it to bother saving it again. Then, click the Save Profile button.

Now, a few things may happen. IF: ...

Your signature contains more than one image...
The saving of your profile will abort, and an error message will display at the top of the Edit Profile window, informing you that you are not allowed to have more than one image per signature. To avoid this problem, you need to remove any extra images you may have, and save your Signature again.
If you choose to ignore this error message, your signature images will continue to be resized to 0x0 pixels in the forum.

Your signature image is larger than 518x192 pixels...
Your profile will save, but you will have a large red warning message appear across the Edit Profile window, as well as a message within your signature itself informing you and all those who read any message you post that your signature has been resized for their viewing pleasure. This message will inform you of our size restrictions, and advise you to resize your image to fit. Within the Edit Profile window, the image will be shown to you at the forcibly resized dimensions.
You may ignore this warning, and live with the message within your signature. However, your signature will still be forcibly resized within the forums show at the size we specify as the max.

Your signature contains one image, and it is no larger than 518x192 pixels...
You will receive a message saying that your signature was saved successfully, and your signature will be shown to you so you may see your lovely size-conforming image.

Your signature contains no images...
You will receive a message informing you that your signature was saved successfully, and it will then be shown to you.

Your image link is invalid...
An error message will be displayed, and you will be asked to correct the link to the image, or use a different signature. If you ignore this message, your old signature will be used, and if it has an image, it will not be shown on the forums.

Hopefully this will make our browsing and forum-reading experiences all the more pleasant, and more posters will be conscious of forum etiquette and produce smaller signatures.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2004-09-13 22:35 ]

Email Shigernafy
0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-16 09:41   
Heres some code you might want to take a peak at, http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3253 (Link is to phpbb version, I ported it over to nuke, but you guys use phpbb ) allows you to set the image default size for images, and automatically creates a scrollbar effect if the image is wider or higher then the image specifed, I use it on my site and works wonders Now the pages don't expand the forum width, which can't really screw with your theme and make it difficult to browse the topic Basically you can just have your bbcode img tags updated with this mod, and that should solve all issues you have above, and everyone is happy as they can have what ever image they want in thier sig. Probably won't need any help, but if you do feel free to ask

-PK

Goto the website of 0mni
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-16 13:49   
O.o

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-18 22:51   
Quick question: If I try to put this guy:

along with a picture, will that work? I've tried to do it, but it doesn't seem to be working. Also, whatever phrase that I have uselessly put in at the end of my sig, be it bolded, italicized, small or big, just gets erased.

I'm trying to senseless and gaudily overexpose and self-promote myself in my signature, and it just doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bito the sigless!

Puppies gotta die, too.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2004-09-18 23:34   
ROFLMAO

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-07 16:49   
this entire thread needs to be put Release side aswell, I was trying to find it. Bit annoying to say the least that its been put in here.

Page created in 0.013733 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR