No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Awards and Decorations
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Awards and Decorations
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 21:39   
One of the recent changes to the Website involves the addition of an Awards and Decorations section to all player Profiles. This section sits below the Badges, and is separated by a header.

Awards can be textual, describing a certain action undertaken by or characteristic of a player. They are contained in a box beneath the Awards header, two per line. For example, if a group of players were to show unusual coordination and communication, as well as uncommon success in an MV operation, they might be eligible for special commendation from their Faction Headquarters. Thus, they might be given an Award for their action. These Awards would eventually make up part of the evolving History and Storyline of DarkSpace.

Awards can also be images, similar to Badges. These show up beneath the textual awards. This form of award contains the Badge itself in a box, as well as a short title for the awarding. There is also a longer description of the reason that can be viewed by placing your mouse over the image.

Currently, few profiles contain any awards. For profiles without any awards, the space where an award would be simply notifies the viewer that no awards exist.

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2004-09-13 22:17 ]

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 21:49   
what is this "fleets Headquarters"? Mods? admin?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 21:53   
Its just a fictional explanation for awards given. There's no formal system set up yet, but eventually we'll probably allow for player and mod-nominated awards. Or have MV events/campaigns and give awards for those, but they would most likely be Faction-based, as in:

Member of the UGTO 214th Expeditionary Force which utterly destroyed the ICC (10/14/2004)

Something like that. Fictionally, those sorts of awards are given by Fleet HQ.

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 21:53   
ah

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 22:17   
Hmm.. now that I read that over, I probably should have said Factional HQ rather than fleet, as it makes it sound like any fleet can just award their members whatever they want.

I changed the original post to reflect this change of mind.

Email Shigernafy
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-13 22:21   
Let me see IF i have this right. Say that I lead a action aganst a UGTO held system and with my leardership we the ICC take that system. Whould i recive a awward for great command during a offencive action ?

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 22:45   
Not necessarily.

There's currently no set framework or institution for giving awards. That is, there's no system set up to monitor and judge MV activity and give awards based upon it. At this point, its purely informal: if players or mods (more likely mods at this point, until we get a more formal system setup) bring proposals or nominations to us* for brilliant MV work, the circumstances will be evaluated, and an award may be given.

Some notes:

* At the moment, 'us' only consists of me, as I alone hold the power to create new awards and give them to people. This will theoretically be delegated to the Event Staff once we establish some guidelines and nominating processes.

- The awards will not be given out for any ol' MV action. You can't go take a cluster in an hour and declare it "Brilliant MV Work" and demand an award for it. They're supposed to be used for real accomplishments: winners in Events, or MV play of such caliber that players on all sides all agree that it was something phenominal. Something like that.
My vision is that it would then become something for the evolving Storyline of DS. A writeup of the campaign would be added to the Universe Today forum, in lieu of a more permanent and formal location, and the participants would be invited to decide upon a name for themselves (the 214th Exp. Force, for example, as mentioned above). Then, the award would be given to those involved.

From then on out, those folk could make reference to their accomplishments via the post/history and their award.

The way I'm picturing it now, though, such awards will be rare and monumental. But, I admit that a system has not been fully decided - that's for future Staff Meetings and Event decisions.

For the time being, you probably won't see much action in the Awards department, until we develop some norms, standards, and institutions. After that, though, we'll likely try to encourage players to form groups with the intention of garnering fame, fortune, and awards... in other words, making a more dynamic, campaign driven MV. (Though this is all just dreams of mine at the moment..)

Email Shigernafy
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-09-14 00:31   
I freakin' LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I think this is some of the things that will give DS the shot in the arm it needs, ESPECIALLY for the MV.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-14 00:39   
Love it too...
Shig, maybe we could have each faction have a High Command with ..say.. 5 players on it. Those 5 players would be elected by the members of that faction....

Email Daylight \
Depthcharge
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-14 00:41   
The Awards and Decorations were brought to you by the Event Staff. So send a thank you to the Event staff and a big hand to Shigernafy for putting it in!

History Is Written By The Victors

Email Depthcharge   Goto the website of Depthcharge
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-14 01:39   
love it

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-09-14 03:00   
Finally, I see a good reason to enter the Dueling contests!

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-14 04:25   
Ok Thanks for clearing it up I think i had the gernale ideal of the NEW system that is in the works. Thanks a bill Shig.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Seraph
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-14 04:25   
I nominate JackSwift for the Chesseiest Player in DS....

[ This Message was edited by: Hitokiri Battousai on 2004-09-14 04:26 ]

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-14 06:34   
Hey! Wheres my award for leading the attack on Sol?

Goto the website of Novacat
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.017207 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR