Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » The Exodus Has Begun.....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author The Exodus Has Begun.....
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-13 09:51   
ICC worked damn hard to regain all of what they lost.

I dont really like UGTO at the moment, for many reasons. They double cross you when so called "alliances" are made. When we offer to help against kluth, you take it as a "take over" and leave the MV leaving 3-4 ICC to fight a Kluth fleet of 8-12. ICC is imho, the finest faction. Iv experienced both sides, but ICC just happens to have some of the nicer people. Kluth are good, if I had to go somewhere appart from ICC it'd be there. But UGTO just........*blood boils*

Anyways...

Quote:

On 2004-09-12 12:56, AdmBito wrote:
I do agree with Bansh on that note. We got our asses handed to us, and now it is your turn.

On another note, to Gid and Stern, I think this patch shows just how many users there were who still utilize 56k to connect to the internet. Folks can say "Get cable/DSL, you cheap bastard" but sometimes that isn't an option. We make do with 56k, which, unfotunately, sucks.

So what are we (the community as a whole) left with? The filtered base of what has become the people who care about DarkSpace. My fellow dial-up'ers are merely biding there time until they can get back into the game again. I know each and every one of us appreciates the near daily patches and updates Faustus is putting in. I haven't experieneced the "lag" some of you proclaim, but from others I hear it is very smooth in the MV these days.

This is the pure community, the ones who love the game and will wait for the game to work. Most of us will stick around, I suppose. Hopefully....

Bito hit the nail right on the head. Most of us stay for the community, if not for the game. Hell I log in more times to just chat to friends than I do to play. I'v met many more friends here than I have anywhere else online, and I dont think id rather be anywhere else than right here waiting for the 56k players to come back to the mv ^^. If this was any other game, the fan base would have buggered off by now. This just goes to show how many people really do love this community, rather than the game and the current playability of it.

At the end of the day DS will be fixed...all thats needed is a little patience. No rolling back is going to be done untill then, as I think Gideon once said that, thats only done when something REALLY bad goes wrong, like the games unplayable for everyone. Anywho, *bows in the direction of all 56k players*. You guys gotta stay around like our Bito here, look forward to seeing you in the MV when DS IS fixed.

*hugs Meko and "nosuchacount"*

(Is this the return of you S?)

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2004-09-13 09:57 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 09:52   
Let's say i am starting to monitor this place more closely again.. Dev log about Alpha looks interesting.
As of now, i don't have Windows or i would take a look at the current release.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-13 09:55   
How many people here have friends IRL? I know I do - how many people have told their IRL friends about DarkSpace & gotten them to play it?

How many internet friends, buddy list people & whatnot do you all have? How many have you tried to sell on DS?

I have gone to and advertised to every single one of my IRL & Net friends - though they all declined for various reasons

Point being - we need people. Yes, the players who are playing now WILL be here for some time, of that I have no doubt... BUT - thats just it, we have only the people that we have.

I know that some people can blame the devs for not advertising enough - but that costs money - sometimes a lot of it. Word of mouth, on the other hand, costs nothing.

So lets talk about the issues with the factions. When I first started DS, I was instantly drawn to the ICC - I love the lore behind rebel forces - plus they had shields (I'ma SW/ST junkie, so sue me!). So I joined the ICC (much to Depthcharge's dismay & my pleasure I might add ) and was instantly aware of the fact that... well.. we were dogmeat. Back in 1480 (I think those were the numbers) the MV was mostly empty whenever I saw it - so it was to the Scenario servers that the action all played out. On all of them - newbie, captain, FA - the ICC were constantly on the defensive and losing ground in every single engagement. Even when we had the upper hand in ships we were getting our butts handed to us. Then patches were made & things were changed, and the Kluth were on the defensive, and ICC & UGTO were on fairly even footing insofar as the scenarios played out.

Fine tuning a game between TWO factions is very hard - especially when you are trying to maintain a divergence between them - but when you throw a 3rd and utterly alien race into the mix there are bound to be some severe complications and with an ongoing game it will take a very long time to iron out most (I doubt you can for all) of the bugs & kinks and exploits... etc etc.

Why? Because its an ongoing game - and thanks to F's dilligent work it is always a new experience - new things to try, different configs to work out - constant balancing & rebalancing in an attempt to maintain synergy amongst the races.

I for one think hes doing a bangup job - and not just because ICC owns like 2/3 of the MV - but because we had fun doing it.

Solutions? Draw people back to UGTO. There will always be faction hoppers - the Template of the Month people who go to whatever config or race or whatnot suits for the most power with the least complication.

From now on - we may call these players Newbits

Listos: It is what it is, all you can do now is work & hope for improvement.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-09-13 09:58   
Quote:

On 2004-09-13 09:52, NoSuchAccount wrote:
Let's say i am starting to monitor this place more closely again.. Dev log about Alpha looks interesting.
As of now, i don't have Windows or i would take a look at the current release.

Get windows installed fool before I slap you down here!

I know its the devil but .. meh...if its what it takes to get you back!

Knew you couldnt keep away ^^

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2004-09-13 09:59 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-13 12:20   
Those who say the devil is evil are just brainwashed! Hail Gatesatan!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Icefox
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-10-02 18:56   
If you ask me, all this "it was imbalanced against us, so now we're going to imbalance it against you! Eat it, !@#$" talk is rather detrimental to everyone involved. Revenge and an emphasis on "payback" doesn't really do ANYTHING to improve the situation, only further hurts DS, and makes you just as "bad" as the UGTO players who originally stacked teams against you.

If there is an imbalance, you should consider switching sides at LEAST temporarily, unless you are well ingrained in your clan. Most of us are, so I won't fault you for that - I'm not saying you should switch sides if you're in a fleet and close with them. However, what I WILL fault you for though is the kind of attitude that only serves to help in the ruination of this game. The proper attitude is a simple one:

"If you CAN without leaving friends behind (i.e. you're in a fleet you're close with), please join the factions that need help right now #s-wise. This will help keep the game more balanced and fun for us all!"

*Shrug* It is, my friends, as simple as that.

PS: I am a true-born ICC. Played them in beta. But I've signed up with UGTO, since they need the help right now it would appear. I'm quite happy in MCN now, though in truth I prefer playing ICC. If I like MCN well enough, I'll be UGTO for good (one of those players too far ingrained in their fleet to switch sides unless the situation is absolutely DESPERATE - which it isn't right now, imho.. just a bit off).

PPS: Recommendation to the devs - it would be nice if there was a system by which we could track the # of each side's players online on average throughout the days, etc, so that we could guage which faction needs help as far as #s go. Planetside has a system like this, you might want to take a look at it and think it over. Could be worth programming in to give a confirmation of which sides need help right now. Also, PS uses a rather nice xp-modification system to encourage play on the side that needs more help.. another thing you may want to consider.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011470 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR