Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » The Exodus Has Begun.....
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author The Exodus Has Begun.....
Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-11 22:11   
A somewhat ominious topic line I agree, but it was needed.

Some sugeestions:

1) make beta a mini metaverse, it seems most of the issues that pop up are concerning the MV testing a scenario doesnt help much.Also the limited time in the way the beta is configured (scenario time 2-3 hours doesnt allow much time for actual testing....and alot of people dont like playin scenario's (dont get me wrong there are those that like it...but how many of them turn up for beta testing).With beta a mini MV more people would be inclined to test= better testing.Set the time limit to say a couple of days , although it may not take that long to fully test the option of having it run wouldnt be a bad thing.

2) rollback to previous version til the bugs are worked out in beta ...we are losing players to this and DS's playerbase cannot stand to loose players (my opinion).

this isn't a rant, just suggestions those who wish to flame...well they will anyway regardless of the topic of the post.Buts lets try to keep this on topic.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-12 00:01   
1 - The argument doesn't hold water, as a mini-MV would still be less load than the live one, so issues dependant on load would still leak through. I favor just doing a DB copy over to beta side, and running the full MV on beta, even though the server will chug like crap doing it.

2 - Rollback is not going to happen. This should be obvious by the ammount of effort F has expended on getting this patch to work. If it were going to be rolled back (which, by the way, is probably impossible), it would be done shortly after release. F is concentrating on solving the issues we have, and to his credit, it is working.

As for losing players, I'm not naieve enough to think that there arn't some that have left purely due to the...mess....from this particular patch. Such things happen. However, we arn't hemmoraging players. Yes, it sucks that 56Kers are having some serious problems, and yes we are trying our best to solve the issue. The issue WILL be solved. It's going to be up to people to decide if it's fast enough for them or not, but it WILL be solved.

The question you need to ask yourself is: Does your post help, or do damage?

Email Gideon
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-12 06:43   

It's pretty clear to me that the exodus has more to do with the balance problems than with lag. You only have to look at the numbers, the most unbalanced faction has no problem fields more players than both the other two factions combined. If it was about lag the loses would effect all factions equally but they dont.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-12 08:55   
My oh my... how easily people can forget when it suits them most.

Is it so easily to foget than massive numbers of UGTO were keeping a small number of ICC extinct for lack of a better word for weeks?

Maybe you shouldnt be looking to blame ICC, but try looking towards your own faction, like... oh i dont know, those that were soo willing to keep ICC out of the game, but cant stand the heat when its their turn.

Stop finding excuses for why your loosing and start looking at the facts, you've been abandoned, weve no more players now than we did 2 months ago, you just have less.

So I would greatly appreciate it if you stop blaming your problems on the ICC when its not our fault, but that of your supposed 'Team mates'

Thank you.

[Free]Dop-erwt
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-12 09:27   
err banshee he never mentioned the icc he was just saying that the biggest faction simply outguns all others(small victorys can be made when you are with less but in the war you will loose due to times of inactivity)

disfunction is a function

former fleets: -uepg- =IT= -IL-

Goto the website of [Free]Dop-erwt
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-12 09:34   
he didnt need to mention ICC in the post because he said the same thing in the lobby enough times before posting. But anyway, point still stands, due to Reds bragging, someone actually DID remember

14:31:13 [Evil]Azreal (tac-ops): "omg. all this talk. Where was it a few weeks ago when they had zilch?"

So now all you little wannabe Dictators, and all you walking talking bad boy stalking boiled dinners can go crawl back into whatever hole it was you poked your heads out from and suffer for a while like we did.

Game On!

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-12 12:56   
I do agree with Bansh on that note. We got our asses handed to us, and now it is your turn.

On another note, to Gid and Stern, I think this patch shows just how many users there were who still utilize 56k to connect to the internet. Folks can say "Get cable/DSL, you cheap bastard" but sometimes that isn't an option. We make do with 56k, which, unfotunately, sucks.

So what are we (the community as a whole) left with? The filtered base of what has become the people who care about DarkSpace. My fellow dial-up'ers are merely biding there time until they can get back into the game again. I know each and every one of us appreciates the near daily patches and updates Faustus is putting in. I haven't experieneced the "lag" some of you proclaim, but from others I hear it is very smooth in the MV these days.

This is the pure community, the ones who love the game and will wait for the game to work. Most of us will stick around, I suppose. Hopefully....

Puppies gotta die, too.

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-12 18:06   
Banshee,

ever heard the expression Flash Crowd ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Crowd

The ICC have dominated since the 1.482, just like the kluth did beforehand and some of them used the same attempted put down, and it carried as little weight with me (or the Devs) then as it does now. You also seem to forget this is the 3rd time the UGTO been pushed out of the MV since the 1.482 patch, and the second time by the ICC.

However most people recognised the unbalance of the CL2K, in the same way most people recognise that the JC's WH, the pulse shield, etc are unbalanced. Though the biggest unbalance is the ICC numbers.

So the ICC spent a week in difficultly but that was when a large number of them swapped factions to Kluth and UGTO.

Your comment :

"you've been abandoned, weve no more players now than we did 2 months ago, you just have less. "

Contradicts your assertions from last w/e where you claimed we where equal and makes my point, the ICC numbers are the same, the UGTO numbers are not, they are massively down, (so are the Kluth) the UGTO fielded 20+ players against CD, whilst this week-end, like last w/e we've fielded in the region of 6.

In the battle at Titan, the UGTO had 6 players, and it took me an hour to round them up, the ICC had about that many transports plus a similar number of combat ships. (Perhaps Red can provide a count of the number of ships in his taskforce ?) Why do you think we tried to piggy-back on the ICC assult against the kluth in Sol ? Because we couldnt match the ICC numbers.

The issue is WHY people have left. or more specifically why have they left 2 factions only ? A lot of people attribute the PB/Evil exodus and defections to ICC to balance. The demise of VA IS the same. You only have to look at the scenario server to see it. Everybody want to pay ICC, before the patch they wanted to be kluth. These sort of things speak for themselves.

However, you once again seek to turn this into an issue of 'blame' for the ICC. You seem locked up in a mind set of blame, when my post clearly makes it clear the issue is with balance, or lack of it. I think deep down you know it which is why you;re so defensive about it.

On the final point I rarely occupy the lobby, and when I do I'm usually afk or sometimes in my browser reading the forums and quite what relevance Azreal comment has im not at all sure.

I think you need to chill out a little dude and try to be constructive.

[ This Message was edited by: Wyke on 2004-09-12 18:19 ]

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-12 18:10   
/me slaps wyke for sidetracking the conversation ...after i asked people not too...hehe

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-09-12 18:18   
the NUMBERS are whats cause your loss and as I have always said FACTION HOPPING sgould have a PRICE.either a severe penalty in pres loss or a complete wip of garage AND storage.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-12 18:19   
Quote:

On 2004-09-12 06:43, Wyke wrote:

It's pretty clear to me that the exodus has more to do with the balance problems than with lag. You only have to look at the numbers, the most unbalanced faction has no problem fields more players than both the other two factions combined. If it was about lag the loses would effect all factions equally but they dont.

He sidetracked the topic?

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-12 18:20   
Quote:

On 2004-09-12 18:10, Captain Stern wrote:
/me slaps wyke for sidetracking the conversation ...after i asked people not too...hehe

Sorry for that but unless we get down to why people are leaving we can't fix it.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
UberBrooksie
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-12 19:50   
Well i will say a few things here...

I have been around this game a while. Maybe not as much as some but i like to consider myself middle-aged.

DS to me is like a sin curve, it goes up and it goes down and it goes up and it goes down. Much like the factions here there are times each one has been on top or the bottom.

Except for my stint in the S.C i have been SW and ICC for life I remember beating all commers with a massive fleet of Agents, SW, and TK. I also remeber fighting and dying at Carnee Aa with one ship each from the aformentioned fleets agaisnt a hoarde of Luth.

You get what u put into DS there comes a time when we need a break, Ive taken mine already. But i will say the times i hated being stuck in the safezone of the ICC homegate was also some of the best times i had it this game.

What the purpose of this reply...I dont know, maybe to say Keep the faith...whatever

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 05:22   
just as bito so eloquently put it.

This is the community. the people that have stayed. and will continue to stay.

hell i wont be able to play for another 10 months. but i still fallow as much as possible.. why?

cause i love the game and the peoples....

adios for now

Email Meko
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-13 09:33   
plonk

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023626 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR