No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Stations and new patches (Not rant)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Stations and new patches (Not rant)
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-11 04:07   
Well im bored cause i cant play. so your gunna hear my idea.

Station should be larger (going with the scaled up planet bit)

i mean like... a lot larger. take the UGTO station for egsample. see the docking platforms on them?? how about to refeul at a station u actually gotta land on those
here how it would work.

-u click the station and 3 diamond appear (like planet
-click the diamon u wish to dock at and press (the key for dock (perhaps "O"))
-then your ship auto pilots to hove slightly above the platform. (station moves your ship is linked with the station

with this thinkin i also think the whole "Diving understations" should be taken out. thats right. u ram a station u die and it hurts. now this presents GREAT taktics for enemy ships
-lets go full throttle and ram the station
-also for the whole hypering through the station bit? stations will have auto interdictors around them, wich will stop the ships 200 GU from the station. (another duty for stations. outposts in enemy frequented space lanes.)

so what you do? increase the stations lazers to five times what they are now (yes i mean multiply by five) anin addition to the torps, have 8 AR missles (Psi for the bugs)... now dont say thats too uber. a station should be able to hold 3 AD's at bay on its own. thats right... 3. why? cause AD's are very large in numbers and stations are very large in Size.

the reason? stations can only be spawned at home gates. (yes home gates). and the WHD2 can only create worm holes 2000gu from planets. not the 1000 gu that jump cruisers can do.

also the whole im pointing at the station, ctrl-click behind it and hyper into it so the lazers cant kill me. why? because stations will have auto interdictors around them, wich will stop the ships 200 GU from the station.

with stations being like this, i think the rank should also be pushed up to GA. as well on that note EAD's Siphons and AD's should be FA.

in addition (yes im sorry another)
stations should not be able to fly closer than 500 GU from a planet. why? stations are not transports dangnamit. HOWever. the stations infantry limit should be 20. this way a station and two trannys can cap a planet. because the trannys dock with the station and tranfer infantry.

anyways to conclude this little idea of mine.
-this would make stations feared again. (a station that can use just its lasers to cripple an assault dread should be feared)
-stations would make the game Great fun, cuase currently a fleeing dessey will just attract unwanted attention to the station. running home to mama would actually save you liek this.
-this would also give the GA's something to lookforward to. i mean braggin rights are fun for only so long.
-stations would be so usefull that having one would do the faction good. (protection a station now takes away from a factions usefullness currently)

Email Meko
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-11 07:15   
I only skimmed through your suggestion, but....

1: Stations are already being revamped. Their 1.483 device count is around 60-62, The current maximum for devices is 64.
2: Large capital ships DOCK with stations, not go inside them.
3: Things will NOT be done to scale for a reason.
4: The reason why stations are flying coffins is due to their obscenely large hitboxes.
5: The amount of coding this will require will simply not pay off. I would much rather coding time be spent on things like fixing bugs, or the revamped AI and Fighters, or the platforms.

[ This Message was edited by: RedXIII on 2004-09-11 07:17 ]

Goto the website of Novacat
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-09-11 08:37   
Still its always good to see new suggestions.

I especially like the diamond feature like planets.

maybe if you dock and you get reloaded he reloads get a 50% increase in speed.

the dictor is hard but as it is a station it should have tons of funky tech

- Axi

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-11 09:19   
i agree with red. you want to much meko. and seens as your a midshipman anyhow meko youll never see a station till u sub la la la la de la

Puny
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-11 10:56   
A2S, learn who you are talking to first. Meko might be unsubbed, but he is MUCH more experienced than you ever will be.

@Meko, I really like these ideas, especially the enlargening of the Stations and the docking, I kind of hope some of these things would come true.

-Puny

Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-11 11:02   
everyone is more experianced than A2S...im sure if he gets a station, he'll know how to use it you noob. unlike your l337 SY spawning...

and meko, i like the scaling idea. but not so much the docking. that would mean just more FF if a staion xploded. maybe, you could dock a ship in the station for yourself, and then take that out and leave your station unmanned. then come back to it. i think that would be cool

Email Forseth (Ret)
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-11 13:54   
I LOVE THE IDEAL and as foar as the one attacking Meko STOP IT he is Far more Experanced than You as he was online even before me. And i'm a 1 st Rear Admirl. So look at your stats and then mine. then shut the [removed] up you babies.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-11 14:07   
1) Stations are not flying coffins, at least not for the reason Red listed. Don't blame torps hitting you on your hitbox, blame it on your teammates not doing their jobs (keeping the opponent away) or your own stupidity (hey, let's go attack Earth!). If you meant planet collisions, fly a more agile ship, or kill Josef when he gets near you. Or learn how to fly a station (Read: don't go full steam towards a planet and start braking at 100 gu, try to slalom a cluster at 5 gu/s and the like).

2) I've seen the stats on the future stations, all I can say is: YUM!

3) Midshipman or GA doesn't mean anything. Put me in a scout against a vice admiral or something in a cruiser/dread and I'll hand him his ass on a shiny gold platter. I'm FA when I'm subbed, just like Meko. Some people just don't have the money to leave their sub running when they can't play. Dunno bout Meko, but that's my excuse.

-Admiral Dylan Hunt
Vice Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-11 14:17   
i think its a great idea meko! i would like to see it implemented, as for as2 shut up!

Email -Admiral Dylan Hunt
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-11 17:23   
yeah. I think if you docked at the station, you could fire the Weapon subsystems.

Like get a little FPS Cursor and start firing. with a cool perpsective on the station as one of teh gun turrets. (you could press buttons to switch between differnt arcs)

and on the person controling the station the subsystem would have a little [X] On it, signifying it's in use

would make it interesting.

Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-11 17:44   
Quote:
3) Midshipman or GA doesn't mean anything. Put me in a scout against a vice admiral or something in a cruiser/dread and I'll hand him his ass on a shiny gold platter. I'm FA when I'm subbed, just like Meko. Some people just don't have the money to leave their sub running when they can't play. Dunno bout Meko, but that's my excuse.

Although you are FA when subbed, Meko isn't an FA yet. He is still an Admiral just to let you know.

Meko, your idea is pretty neat. I'd just disagree with the size of the station or that would make it too big. Docking with the station is also a good idea at least for a quick repair on system damage. A station holding against 3 AD's is pretty amazing. If these stations were scaled up, the explosion will be bigger and cover a more destructive radius...don't think anyone would like that when it blows.

Email Shippo
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-11 17:45   
i never slagged meko. i merely said he cant use a station unless he subs.......... WHICH HE BLOODY WELL CANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-11 23:39   
Ya know what I think of when I think about a space station? Two things. Deep Space 9 and the Death Star.

DS9 would prolly be more on scale with these stations however - so lets think about it.

Recalling from memory the 4th season opener - something like 5000 photon torpedos (Ftorps?), a couple dozen phaser banks (CL2ks?) - docking for upto 6 ships of Galaxy class size (Dreads?) and many many smaller ships (scouts through dessies... maybe cruisers?). Enough power flowing from its core to maintain all these systems, plus multiple layers & arcs of shields (5-6 1500 reactors, 2 shields/armor per quadrant & a full?).

Death star... ask Princess Lea about her planet I don't even know how to describe it other than Luna entirely covered with Defense Base 3's Thoughts?

Aside from the increase in size I like these ideas Especially the docking - and yes I think that a station should be able to hold its own with any ship that is in range - and several ships for that matter.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-12 04:54   
Ahh dont be too mean to him, he din know.

As for the station.

i haven't seen the new stats so take that into account =)

Now someone said something about docking and being able to use the sub systems.... oh my god, that brilliant. ive played bf:1942 why didnt i think of that?

also for size of the station, i envision a station that two or three dreads could dock too, and multiple cruisers can dock to.

scouts frigates supplys and desseys could land on the platforms perhaps? (UGTO station in my head)

As for weapons, a station is crewed by what was the stat? one million crew? i mean common, its gotta be huge. weapons and all.

as for the diamon docking as stuff thats a great idea IMHO... but i think ive thought of something that'll make it just so much better... docking with a station, while they repair your hull, wouldnt a smart crew patch into your reactors and engines to help the station fight? (slurp)

also: no ones commented on the idea of changing the station to GA only. (and the assault class dreads to fleet admiral)

EDIT:
Quote:
I only skimmed through your suggestion, but....

1: Stations are already being revamped. Their 1.483 device count is around 60-62, The current maximum for devices is 64.
2: Large capital ships DOCK with stations, not go inside them.
3: Things will NOT be done to scale for a reason.
4: The reason why stations are flying coffins is due to their obscenely large hitboxes.
5: The amount of coding this will require will simply not pay off. I would much rather coding time be spent on things like fixing bugs, or the revamped AI and Fighters, or the platforms.

-I haven't seen new stats, so take that into account plz.
-I didnt say anything about ships entering other ships.
-i dont want to scale, just scaled up
-its not the hitboxes, its thier weapons/armor (or lackthereof)
-this would be somethign to think about After lag/AI/Fighters have been revamped
-as for platforms, this would play along into that nicely dont ya think? =)
-the time spent on this Would pay off. let me tell you a little story.

When i was a lovely noob (dont say it bansh) and flew around extractors in newbie, an assault frigate would jump me and id start to sweat. the game was so new and interesting, and i didnt knwo that an assault frigate really meant pee-shooter. so this one bright evening i got jumped by a dessey and i nearly soiled myself. i was like, "Holy crap its Huge!!!"

then i got some guts and subbed. hey waitaminut? meko has been promoted? oh hey I can fly desseys!!!!. so i had some fun. then i got to commander and i realized i could fly a cruiser (Omg so cool).

SO, i hopped into the MV. i get my first cruiser and i dunno where i am. all of a sudden my ship jumped strait down and it went pretty dam far and i was like, "ok im sinking?" then this beutifully HUGE dreadnaught appeard on me. im sittign there admiring my cruiser and this dread just takes me to school. i was like "Holy crap the little spinning image does No justice."

then later im flying around still dawking at these dreads, and im fallowing one just drooling. then i start jumping, oh well i can see the dread..still...in..the...distance, BAM, im sitting under a station. not just any station. an Enemy station. so again, the soillation almost happens and im sweating like a.... im sweating really bad and im running for my life (omg omg omg im like a fly?)

well, the moral of the story is: ill fly a dessey against a station. in fact i do all the time. im not scared. im not sweating. hell, i even "/y haha cant catch meeee"

all i want is for when i come back to DS, i want the Vastness put back into it. i mean in essence nothings changed. but wouldn't it be nice to have that fear and adrenalin put back into you?

thats why i want stations to be huge. dreads to be bigger. (than they are not the stations) and cruisers to be slightly bigger.

anywho really long if you read it i commend you.

[ This Message was edited by: Meko on 2004-09-12 05:10 ]

Email Meko
Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-12 09:36   
Quote:
also: no ones commented on the idea of changing the station to GA only. (and the assault class dreads to fleet admiral)

Even though I'm only FA, I wouldn't mind this change. There's plenty of FAs nowadays, but way fewer GAs. This would limit the possible amount of stations again, and restore it to it's original state of endangered species. When I first subbed, I played for a week before ever seeing a Station in play, simply cause noone was FA.

Stations should be a rare sighting, but in return, if you have a station against you, you better hope you have a huge fleet. The thing is the size of a small planet, so it should offer a much bigger advantage for the side that has one. Kinda like way back in 1.480, when you could park your station at a planet and hold it almost indefinately, provided you had either support (combat or supply), or few opponents. The only thing that could really do something against a station were assault ships, like the AD/EAD (not siphon, no full slots) and AC/TC/K'luth dessies. Cannons were a joke, and if you came into CL range you were either insane or suicidal.

My point is, GA requirement is good, provided the station is beefed up way beyond what it is now, so if you work yourself up to GA, you actually get a usefull ship, contrary to a flying bullseye.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.043352 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR