No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Fattierobs' list of changes to Darkspace and some ideas to be discussed when needed.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Fattierobs' list of changes to Darkspace and some ideas to be discussed when needed.
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-09 20:22   
ey everybody. I have been thinking of doing this for a while, but i've been pushing it away with school and such. But now, I have some free time to write this up (or is it down?) and show it to the Darkspace Public

Section 1: WTF is this?

I am writing this because their are many, many good Ideas that I would like to see implemented in Darkspace. I writing...typing this so that maybe some of them would be implemented. I am also adding some of my own ideas and changes that I think would help Darkspace

Rules to follow before replying to this thread:

Letter 1: Read each section throughly!
Letter 2: Don't flame. I'll emote slap you in the lobby. very hard.
Letter 3: DO feel free to post add-ons/ask inquires/require more detail. Althought i'm going to try to be as detailive as possible, I might miss out on somethings
Letter 4: Reading this may make you wonder why I am not writing my fic.
Letter 5: Their is no letter 4

Section 2: Changes to Darkspace in General

Diplomazy-

Such a touchy subject. Red=dead, as some people say, yet others want to be pacifists till the end. Thus, I am proposing that instead of just saying "uhh..we won't attack each other....okay?" we'll make sure the SERVER does that. Heres what happens:

1: let's say your not in a fleet, on UGTO side, yet want to be allied with ICC. or an ICC fleet. Just go to your profile, and their's a whole list of fleets with a checkbox next to it!

Example:

Player name: Smith
E-mail: doesnot@exist.com
Factions Allied with:

[ ]ICC
[ ]K'luth
[X]UGTO (cause s/he plays on that side. NOT CHANGABLE)
[ ]ICC:random fleet
[ ]K'luth: another random fleet
[X]UGTO:yet ANOTHER random fleet (once again, because that person is on UGTO side, s/he is allied with every ugto fleet)

Get my point on how it would work?

But, however, what if you were in a fleet?

2: Your FLEET ADMINS can change what you are allied with. Basiacly if your in A fleet fighting B fleet and C fleet wants to attack B fleet with A fleet. A fleet admin goes to the fleet admin options and...

ALLIES WITH:
[X]A fleet
[ ]B fleet
[ ]C fleet

Wala! all the fleet admin has to do is change it to an X and A fleet is allied with C fleet! (DOWN WITH B FLEET!!!!!)

Details:
1: Once you join a fleet, your fleet admin has the power to change who you are allied with (and the fleet as a whole). However, you cannot change your allied stances. You must leave the fleet if you wish to do so

2: let's say A fleet was allied with C fleet, but C fleet didn't ally with A. Thus, A fleet's planets WOULD NOT attack C fleet's ships, as A fleet wishes to be allied with C fleet. Also, C fleet's ships would appear as green. However, C fleet's planets would still attack A Fleet's ships, while A fleet's ships would appear as red to C fleet's ships.

Thus, both fleets must agree to it, otherwise one fleet could get screwed. Very badly.

Section 3: Giving Stat bonus's To Faction's

I was inspired by this idea from Rise Of Nations. (Good game by the way)

(Assume all stat's are from 1.482...the bonus's just add on according to faction...assume all GU and Percentages tenative)

UGTO have the power of Imperialism

UGTO get an unique inf then other races, the "IMPERIAL TROOP (Heavy troop with 200atk/100def)"

In packs (1.5kgu) of 4 ships or more, UGTO ships get a +15% faster reload time and a +10% hull/armor repair time

UGTO planet structures are -5% weaker (in terms of ammount of damage being taken before being destroyed), while Def bases stay the same. However, Supply depots spew out more drones (around +35% more)

ICC Have the power of Rebelion

ICC Planet's do not show up on the Nav map, Nor the darkspace.net server info. ICC planets only identify themselves if:

A) A ship is within 1.5kgu of the planet

B) The planet was just captured by the ICC within the last 30 minutes

C) The Planet has a problem (IE: plague, power shortage, etc.)

ICC ships get 0.0 sensor reading idle (SEE: engines off and not moving) with no weapons charging

ICC's FIghters are suberb with 20% dodge and 35% increase in fuel. Also, the Ships launching Fighters can launch thmem 15% faster then normal.

K'luth Have the Power of Brotherhood

K'luth Planets can hold 1.5x as much inf as a it normaly could, and their def bases fires an (weakened) Elf Beam as well as a disrutpor

K'luth's engines and JD get a 40% faster recharge, 50% less fuel, 40% less energy, %50 faster reach to max speed and 50% better strength against system damage then Human ships

Two K'luth ships working side by side get 25% stat increase across the bored (as in hull, armor, weapon energy spent, weapon recharge, etc etc). When the number of K'luth ships reach three it drops down to 5% stat increase. 4 or more gives nothing.

EDIT: Fixed some Percent values, and some random typos/addition

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob.lua on 2004-09-09 20:44 ]

Smith
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-09 20:34   
yea i feel loved

nice work, i like the whole added bonus thing and this could resurrect grouping

[ This Message was edited by: Smith on 2004-09-09 20:37 ]

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-09 20:48   
Everything is good, except some of the upgrades. Having upgrades is an excellent idea. However, IMHO, i think some of them are a little....uber.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-09 20:57   
Quote:

On 2004-09-09 20:48, $yTHe {Magenta Plague} wrote:
Everything is good, except some of the upgrades. Having upgrades is an excellent idea. However, IMHO, i think some of them are a little....uber.

yes I lowered some stuff...raised some other stuff...like I said, everything is tentivie...I wish Gid would see this or something.

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2004-09-09 21:13   
the diplocamy should be with individual ships, you click on them, choose the diplomacy button, and if they accept, they turn green to you and vice versa.

Roger
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-09 22:30   
Quote:

On 2004-09-09 20:48, $yTHe {Magenta Plague} wrote:

I think uber is an understatement.

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2004-09-09 22:48   
very good idea, but i think something with credits should be implimented, for factions or what not, i dono just a very rough thought...

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-10 01:14   
badabump

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-10 03:29   
Fatti, sorry, i'm way to lazy to read all that :/

shorter posts next time for god's sake!

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-09-10 06:37   
i read the first few lines and thought it was ok, couldnt be bothered to read it all. but the bit i read looked ok

Sc0tTn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-09-10 09:13   
I like it, cept for a few of the extreme faction bonuses

Email Sc0tTn
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-10 10:08   
Maybe more subtle bonuses - like the ICC has the ability to deflect laser beams that are fired at the rear of the ship (difference in engine exhaust?) because they're the rebels & constantly on the run from the Imperials (current MV stat notwithstanding ) or something. I dunno, just some thoughts. Sounds like Kluth are getting a heavier grouping bonus than anything else - maybe tone it down, like +10% for two ships, +5 for 3, and again, nothing for 4 ships.

Oh, and touching on that shield recharge thread - possibly that when ICC ships are grouped together in a fleet of 5 or more shield recharge rate is doubled because of A) the collective of engineers among all the ships colaborating, and B) the charged particles of space caused by all the shield systems of many ships.

Just a thought

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-09-10 15:59   
i'll point out again that all precetentages are tentative

Tentaive. (v.): Not perminant. Able to be changed at whim.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-09-10 17:23   
Hense the comments on how they're too uber & my suggestions for change

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-09-10 17:28   
I LOVE IT BUT in my opion they are good like they are right bow. Do not change a dang thing. EXCPET maybe allow the K'luth to gain more bouses with the more ships they have. Like 5% for up to 10 10% for up to 6 and 15 for up to 4

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027620 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR