No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Story of the =MCN= Salamander (Language warning)
 Author The Story of the =MCN= Salamander (Language warning)
Vorlon
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-29 08:12   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'What the hell was that! Report!' Demanded Captain Bower.

'Fusion reactor out, weapons out, AME drives fried, AME jump drive being repaired now' the first

officer replied.

'Tactical, what the ~*~!~%~# was that!?'

'I don't know sir, it looked like a chem beam but i've never seen one that can do that to a ship

with full shields, but if they get another one in we're dead.' answered the Tac Officer.

'Is there anything we can do? Can we ev....'

Bower was stopped mid sentence by his engineering officer, standing off to the side of the bridge

with a puzzled look on his face.

'John, I know that look, what is it?' askes the captain
The ship is suddleny rocked by partical cannon fire from the MCN Salamander, who they had presently

forgotten about.

'Sir, i've been thinking, No sane Destroyer captain would take on a cruiser unless they had a

destinct advantage. But that's not it, that beam, it almost looked like it had fusion torpeodes in

it.

'Sir! I read a massive energy spike from that Dessie! She's firing again!' Screamed the Tac Officer.
Bower, who had been pacing the bridge dived for his command chair, punching the ship-wide comm link,

'All hands brace for impact, all hands brace for impact. Tactical how long'

'5 seconds, 4, 3...' came the reply

Captain Bower just managed to straighten himself in his chair before the MCN dessie fired it's

mysterious weapon. The last think the Captain would ever see was the beam weapon slicing through his

cruisers armour plating like it wasn't there before the cruisers forward amroury compartment

exploded.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on the bridge of the Salamander

'Direct hit sir, munitions compartment breached, shes gone.'reported the weapons officer

'Nice shooting Mike, real nice' Praised 1st Rear Admirial Vorlon, reaching for his communicator,

'All hands stand down from battle stations, repeat, stand down.'

Vorlon ran his hands through his hair, taking on that cruiser had been the stupidest thing he had

ever done in his career, but the CTB or Chem Torp Beam had been the deciding factor in this

engagement. Designed to strip a ships shielding from on side then pound it with a volley fusion

torps that travelled in the chem beam made the salamader a potent fighting machine, the only draw

back being that the weapon required a fusion reactor all to itself and it had a long recharge time

so, the first shot had to be timed to do maximum damage while allowing the destroyer the greatest

chance of surviving.

'Communications, please tell me they didn't get a distress out' asked Vorlon

'Negative sir, we sang every tune we knew, they had no hope' grined his com officer.

'Good, Rafe, organise scavinging parties, search that debris field for anything of value and put it

cargo bay 5' ordered the 1st Rear Admirial

'Aye, Aye, sir' the first officer replied

Vorlon scanned his bridge crew, each of them celebrating, all that was except his Senso (sensor

officer). Vorlon got up from his chair and approached his senso, who was staring intently at his

readings.

'Andy, what's up?' he enquired.

'I don't know sir,I only saw it for a breif second but I could have swore that I saw an IT trail out

there?' replied the confused officer.

'Probebly interference from the CTB' said Vorlon, brushing the matter away.

'Yes Sir'

Vorlon walked back to his command chair, throughly content with the job his crew had done today.

This was the first time in this wars history that a Destroyer had taken on a fully armed and

amroured Assualt Cruiser and won. Yes, he was happy.

'Holy #@~!?%&$! Sir, ICC Combat Dread off the stern, shes got two sensor frigates with her, no wonder we

can't see it she must have seen it all!' Shouted the Senso over the celebrations on the bridge.
Vorlon clicked on his com link

'Battle Stations, charge the CTB, fire at will, turn to heading 090, 40 degrees vertical pitch'

ordered Vorlon

'Aye, Aye, Sir, heading 090, Vert ptch 40' Helm reported

'CTB Charged'- Weapons

'BRACE FOR IMPACT, DREAD FIRING' shouted the TAC officer,

'~*~!~%~#, shields arn't comming online!'

'Sir, 7, no 8 IT Missiles incomming'

Vorlon knew that that many missiles scoring a direct hit would utterly destroy the salamander and

all he could do was watch as the end bore down relentlessly.
The salamander was rocked as he complement of cannons fired simultaniously, tracing pattens in the

blackness of space.

'CTB firing!' warned the weapons officer

1st Rear Admirial Vorlon looked up at the main viewer to see the CTB lance out towards the Dread,

only to have a frigate manuver in line of the beam, and promptly flash out of existance.

'What the...' Whispered Vorlon

'Shields up!'

The IT missiles impacted at the same time the shields came online, unfortunatly one sneaked through

and hit the engine compartment, peircing the reactor, instantly vaporizing every living soul on the

Salamander.

=MCN= learned an important lesson with the destruction of the Salamader and the loss of one of its

most talented 1st Rear Admirials, never leave your most prized possession alone, someone will get it
them selfs.

Stolen ICC records have show that the Combat Dread picked up some new UGTO weapon, but never jumped

out from the conflict zone, neither did the remaining frigate, a self destruct device built into the

CTB destroyed everything withen 500gu's of itself, the Salamanders final revenge.

Email Vorlon
teddy_
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-29 08:27   
u hav 2 much time on ur hands

Puny
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-29 09:55   
Good, but don't keep putting large spaces in it.

-Puny

Roger
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-07-29 12:51   
keep it real next time bud.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-29 13:33   
real text next time.

kinda interesting though =)

Email Meko
Page created in 0.016453 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR