Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » So whats the problem?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author So whats the problem?
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-21 23:47   
lets see, for the first few weeks i started i did my fair share of forum whoreing. im just sick and tired of hearing about lag problems. keep your damn comments to yourself. unless you wanna start an arguement like this one here. complaining about the lag isnt gonna fix it any quicker. and yes, its an annoyance. i think my first response to a lag thread was "yeah it should be fixed". 10 lag threads later it was " yeah it should but whining isnt gonna help it". 10 more lag threads later it was XXXXXX (language)we know its bad. do us all a favor and stop complaining about it. quit or bear with it" If my brother was poking me. i would ask him to stop nicely, if he kept doin it. i would prolly tell him off. and if he did it again id prolly punch him in the arm. so quit poking our arms huh?

www.diversechaos.741.com <----- visit meh and chaos' site

[ This Message was edited by: Scotty on 2004-07-23 00:55 ]

Email Forseth (Ret)
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-21 23:55   
wow i just realized how deep that was...should i get a "stunning performance" award or sumthin

Email Forseth (Ret)
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-22 00:01   
Quote:
lets see, for the first few weeks i started i did my fair share of forum whoreing.

and your him right?

Quote:
im just sick and tired of hearing about lag problems.

then stop readign the freakin threads.
Quote:
keep your damn comments to yourself.

Right back at you.
Quote:
unless you wanna start an arguement like this one here.

i didnt start it, but i will finish it.
Quote:
complaining about the lag isnt gonna fix it any quicker.

and yet u still read the threads?
Quote:
and yes, its an annoyance.

gee wonder if i know about any other anoyances.
Quote:
i think my first response to a lag thread was "yeah it should be fixed". 10 lag threads later it was " yeah it should but whining isnt gonna help it". 10 more lag threads later it was "jesus christ. we know its bad. do us all a favor and stop complaining about it. quit or bear with it"

well, youd think a dog would stop runnign into parked cars right? i mean if the dog doesnt liek it, why does he continue to do it
Quote:
so quit poking our arms huh?

coulda been a good analogy, ya know if he was whining. but he was asking so maybe it could be "so quit gentrly stroking our arms huh?". or possibly if you had less of the unintelligent onomatopoea and maybe more politeness this whole conversation could have been avoided. sound like an idea huh?

----edit your second post---

Quote:
wow i just realized how deep that was...

maybe you cant swim? because that was about the same depth of a wading pool.
Quote:
should i get a "stunning performance" award or sumthin

of cource you should, just like densel washington got best femail supporting acress right?

[ This Message was edited by: Meko on 2004-07-22 00:06 ]

Email Meko
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-22 00:14   
Quote:

of cource you should, just like densel washington got best femail supporting acress right?

wow, im astonished at your spelling...and i complain, and will continue to complain until ppl, new players and old, realize that pissing and moaning about lag problems isnt gonna fix it. it just isnt banzi. i know he was asking. but like i said. i, and obviously some other ppl are fed up with the Lag complaining. you cant even go into game about ppl complaining about it. why spread it to the forums

Email Forseth (Ret)
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-22 00:36   
Quote:
wow, im astonished at your spelling...

pardon me, my laughter is hindering my ability to type.
Quote:
and i complain, and will continue to complain until ppl, new players and old, realize that pissing and moaning about lag problems isnt gonna fix it.

Wow, now i believe theres a term for this. oh yes. double standard. yes he cant ASK about it but you can complain about it. thats cool. Hypocrite
Quote:
it just isnt banzi.

what does this utterly inept statement have to do with the price of tomatoes.

Quote:
i know he was asking. but like i said. i, and obviously some other ppl are fed up with the Lag complaining.

Ok so your fed up with complaining. Yet you complain. so really this is just a thread of you being angry with yourself?
Quote:
you cant even go into game about ppl complaining about it.

you cant go anywhere without ppl complaining.
Quote:
why spread it to the forums

you talk as if he is responsable for spreading it to the forums. its liek the forums were utterly rantless. and utterly whineless. wow what a nice forum that would be like.

[ This Message was edited by: Meko on 2004-07-22 00:40 ]

Email Meko
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-22 00:43   
Keep in mind that, much like Godwin's law, when someone has to fall back to an attack on someone's spelling, it often is an implicit admission of defeat.

Other than that, jolly good flame war! Keep it up!

Email Shigernafy
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-22 00:46   
Quote:
Keep in mind that, much like Godwin's law, when someone has to fall back to an attack on someone's spelling, it often is an implicit admission of defeat.

Other than that, jolly good flame war! Keep it up!

And the fact he just went out of the lobby.

heh thx shig im trying my best not to use inapropriat language, and im trying my best not to use blatantly obvious insults.

well forseth. i await your reply.

Email Meko
Arch Angel
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-22 02:27   
Go Meko, Go Meko, Go Meko.

Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-22 11:42   
Quote:

And the fact he just went out of the lobby.

its calles sleep

but anyways. all im trying to say is that all these threads need to stop b/c all they do is piss ppl off. and i realize im complaining about ppl complaining. its kinda like that song by Good Charlotte : Lifestyles of the rich and famous. its rich ppl complaining about rich ppl complaining. but this isnt Good Charlotte. and were not rich and famous. and i wouldnt complain and it wouldnt start arguments, if ppl just realized that complaining about the lag isnt gonna fix it.

well meko, i await you to quote every little thing i say, and make stupid little remarks about buying tomatoes

[ This Message was edited by: Forseth on 2004-07-22 11:48 ]

Email Forseth (Ret)
Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-22 13:40   
Quote:

On 2004-07-21 07:26, BackSlash wrote:
OMG LOOK AT THE OTHER THREADS AND OPEN YOUR EYES

*roll eyes*

oh come on.... he ONLY asked a question...

as for myself i know that lag is presently a problem and its also tiresome but prease Forseth and BackSlash, keep the tone down a bit... because that is even more irritation that "I got lag" .

stuck in Univercity limbo

Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2004-07-22 15:38   
Whatever you guys are feeling about threads like this you cant just bash a farily new player.If you guys dont want ds community to lose more players answearing that guy politly that itll be fixed and the F is doing everything he can in his short avaliable time insteed of whinning about someones question and batteling with other ds player for 2 pages would suit it better.Im sure if he would be politly answeared he would understand it better then yelling at him becouse you cant stop yourself from sticking your nose i nevery thread there is. Ds has its problems and it definitly needs players and money coming from subs if those problems are to be fixed.
Ps:Sorry for my grammer and spelling its night time for me and im tierd.

[ This Message was edited by: Piotr-San on 2004-07-22 15:38 ]

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-22 16:00   
wel this guy is quite new and prob he haven't seen the other threaths .. oke so juz be nice and answer to himm if u dun't wanna answer juz dun't write in the threath bashing on new subscribers dun't really go well when considering we r trying to get more players ...

Tzunamii {Cmdr}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-22 16:08   
Hmm... I really don't think picking on rather new players is the way to get 'em to stay.

Besides, as the fellas already informed you, Forseth - he was asking a polite question and since when when has asking a single polite question being called "whining"?

I would recommend you, Forseth, to either stop reading these "whining"-posts or learn to be somewhat more polite in your answers, please.

Also, picking on new and possible weaker people isn't what I would call manly. Next time pick on someone your own size, Forseth.

/Tzunamii.

< Ecce homo. Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum. Pax Vobiscum. Esto perpetua >

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-22 17:43   
Quote:
but anyways. all im trying to say is that all these threads need to stop b/c all they do is piss ppl off.

heard ya loud n clear. i even agree with you.

Quote:
and i realize im complaining about ppl complaining.

then quit.

Quote:
its kinda like that song by Good Charlotte : Lifestyles of the rich and famous. its rich ppl complaining about rich ppl complaining.

im not gunna say anything about your choice in music.

Quote:
but this isnt Good Charlotte.

evidence of this is:i like darkspace

Quote:
and were not rich and famous.

some ppl are, but thats a fun thing of the internet. you can hide behind your moniter

Quote:
and i wouldnt complain and it wouldnt start arguments,...

but you do, and do.

Quote:
... if ppl just realized that complaining about the lag isnt gonna fix it.

but it wont happen.

Quote:
well meko, i await you to quote every little thing i say,

you sure did your research well!

Quote:
and make stupid little remarks about buying tomatoes

i can use a little less 'deep' of a frase for you if u wish. maybe wading pool deep?

--------non forseth quotes------ feel the intelligance

Quote:
as for myself i know that lag is presently a problem and its also tiresome but prease Forseth and BackSlash, keep the tone down a bit... because that is even more irritation that "I got lag" .

i vehemently agree! id rather have ten thousand "OMG LAG" threads than one thread were a DS vet thinks he can talk down to a newbie.

Quote:
Hmm... I really don't think picking on rather new players is the way to get 'em to stay.

and Thus the reason why DS is loosing ppl daily. between lag pushing ppl away, vets scaring newbs away, and other vets getting pissed at the vets scaring ppl away, ds needs a boost.

Quote:
Besides, as the fellas already informed you, Forseth - he was asking a polite question and since when when has asking a single polite question being called "whining"?

since forseth clicked on the thread. since forseth decided he didnt like the question. maybe the question was too difficult to answer for forseth. or maybe he wanted to bash on a lower ranked player.

Quote:
I would recommend you, Forseth, to either stop reading these "whining"-posts or learn to be somewhat more polite in your answers, please.

but then id have no fun =)

Quote:
Also, picking on new and possible weaker people isn't what I would call manly.

i wanna say so much.
Quote:
Next time pick on someone your own size, Forseth.

he never woulda made FA that way.... hahaha

[ This Message was edited by: Meko on 2004-07-22 17:52 ]

Email Meko
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-22 17:58   
wow i just realized, that this is goin nowhere, and i am just not gonna get my point across, and if i keep goin its gonna end up in a warning from an admin er sumthin. so ill just stop

but it deffinatley does infruriate me that you meko, would slander me!! i made FA on my own, i made that kill to death ratio by killing all ships, not just scouts, how dare you...just because im not a baby about speaking my mind in the forums doesnt mean you judge me on how i play this game. just because you spend more time in the lobby and on the forums then in game then i do? that doesnt make you superior. so dont think you are. and if you can point out at anytime. i said that banzi is whining, and i mean specifically, then ill admit im wrong. if anyone in this community thinks that i, hell everyone should be an angel then you got another thing coming. i speak my mind when and where i want. if you dont like it then dont read it! gee that sounds familiar now dont it.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Forseth on 2004-07-22 18:11 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Scotty on 2004-07-23 00:53 ]

Email Forseth (Ret)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022981 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR