No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » Darkness Blood
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Darkness Blood
Kalshion
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-27 12:37   
Kalshion didn't look he couldn't stand watching his ship, the one he had used for over 4 years, be destroyed all because of an enemy they couldn't fight

"How far are we from the nearest city?", Kalshion asked

"13 miles", His helmsman said

"Very well, we'll set up camp here", Kalshion said and gestured toward the surroudning tree's and two high cliffs. "Make you're way up the mountain, from there we will be able to see the road leading over here from the city"

"Aye Aye Captain", The helmsman said

"Where not on ship Mike, Just call be Kalshion...", Kalshion said. He never liked being in command, nor did he ever like being a captain at all for that matter. But it DID serve some useful purpose's

The drive through the canyon then the connecting upslope took 2 hours, but they finally made it to the top. The view was magnificant, they could see both the city, the military base, and at least 7 different road's leading toward tehre area... but they also saw a 6 mile wide crator where there ship had been

"Break out the prefabs..", Kalshion said. What little crew remained saluted him and went to there tasks

Among the thing's salvaged where several B37 fighters, which Kalshion felt would come in handy expically since the pilot's where still alive

It took the team roughly all night to set up there new base, they planned on staying there for a long time. And only head to the city if needed

As it came to be, they did need to head to the city. Upon further investigation they discovered that they where on an ICC Held World. That was actually self evident by both the Battle Cruiser in orbit and the way the military was nosing about

Kalshion had split his servival group of 60 into 6 teams of 10. Each team would elect there own guard's. This worked well since there camp was preatty big, but it was also well covered making it near impossible for a fighter to spot them.

Personally, he wasn't part of any team. But he tended to work together with the first team, which consisted of all marine's. That team was tasked with defending the area.

Team two was tasked with defending the outter perimater
Team three was suppose to be the look out boy's
Team four was tasked with monitoring supply's
Team five was ordered to keep everything in working order
Team six, perhaps had the hardest job, they where tasked with making sure there camp wasn't found by any mean's nessuaury

Preatty much Kalshion had covered all angles of the base. From defense to resupply

"Sir?", A crew member said

Kalshion was standing on the edge of the cliff looking about. "Yes Crewmember?"

"Where low on battery power for our weapon's and our fighters", He said

"I see...", Kalshion said and placed his figure on his cheek. "Take you're team, along with a few female marines, into town. See what you can find, don't forget our money is no good here, if you try and use it they'll find out where in the general area. I know this goes against everything I've ever stud up for, but steal if you must"

"Y-Yes sir... there is a military base near by, perhaps we can raid it?", The crewmember said

He thought about it. "Right now it's far to risky, once we get our fighter's refueled and there battery's charged up then perhaps"

The crewmember saluted. "Yes Sir"

"And stop saluting me, where not on ship", Kalshion said with a sigh

"Uhhh.... yes sir...", He said

Celestyle
Vice Admiral
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-07-27 14:34   
yes please go on

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-27 17:01   
aa-juu-WA

Email Meko
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-27 19:37   
wonderfull story

Email Forseth (Ret)
Kalshion
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-28 22:59   
Kalshion watched from the top of the cliff as several vehicle's approuched there location

"Two tanks, a MRLS, and a SMRS", he said and looked his eyes off the binocs and grined

"SMRS?", His security chief said and looked through his set of Binocs

"Shield Multiple Rocket System", Kalshion said. "The name is deceptive, the system defend's against incoming projectiles, that includs fighters"

"How is it deceptive?"

"Cause it doesn't use Rockets, it use's pulse beam's that have an even HIGHER refire rate than the one's used on ship", Kalshion said

"Higher?! How's that possible, pulse beam's right now have a refire rate of 1.5 seconds", The security chief said

"These are .5", Kalshion said. "But at a cost, they can only fire 25 time's before they have to recharge... which say's 5 minutes"

"Understandable, .5 seconds and five minutes to recharge, seem's reasonable", The security chief walked around Kalshion. "What's the plan boss?"

"Team's one and two will intercept and take them over, we'll use the MRLS and SMRS, but the tank's we'll get rid of. To big of a signature", Kalshion said

"Yes Sir"

Kalshion watched as his security chief left and relayed the proper orders

(that night)

That was the sound of a vehicle engine, followed by the round's of something being loaded all around the camp

Kalshion hide in a bush with a anti tank launcher, he was about to fire when he saw team one come out of the MRLS. He relaxed his grip but not complete, something was wrong

"Boss man?", Yelled the team leader

That right there caused Kalshion to make a gesture that told the camp's snipers to take aim. He had given orders to use a special keyword and point phrase, plus a little old earth cultural paraphrase. Either three would do

"Boss?"

He stared at the guy and scanned the vehicle, everything to him looked intact. The system was online and it self was scanning the area for projective's, the SMRS could stop anything except a sniper round, oddly enough the sniper round's travaled much faster than a normal bullet

"He must've gone out...."

He made another motion with his hand and the snipers fired

Two dead body's where now laying on the ground, two of team 4's guard's stepped out from behind the bush's and checked them over

"ICC Commando's, they must've eliminated team one and two and took there uniforms", The marine said and kicked the commando in the face, busting the nose

"Great, that's 20 crewmen possibly dead", Kalshion said and gritted his teeth. "But at least we have the unit"

"That's odd, why would the commando's willingly bring this unit up here intact?", The marine said and began to feel around the vehicle. He soon found a device attached to the fuel tank. He took out his cutters and managed to pray the device off

Kalshion didn't even have time to ask the marine why he was running, only that a small red light blinked between the marine's arms. He knew instantly what it was and motioned for everyone to take cover

An explosion insued, a gust of wind blew through the camp then subsided. Kalshion got up and ran over to where the explosion had taken place... nothing remained, no body, nothing

"That marine gave his life", Kalshion saluted. "You're death will not be in vain", he said

He turned and looked at his remaining crew. "Set the SMRS up, along with the MRLS, we have what we need to assault the city. I know it'll seem like terrorism to some of you, but this is ICC and this is war, casultie's are bound to happen in both military and civilian life"

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-29 04:02   
aju.....wa

Email Meko
Kalshion
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-31 21:32   
Kalshion wasn't standing, instead he was sitting on the edge of the mountain, she leg's hanging off the edge and his back slitly arched toward the sky

"Status?", He spoke into his mike

~Proceeding as planed, SMRS and MRLS are all set up. However it's odd...~

"What?"

~The city is quiet, no movement, nothing. Car's are parked in the home's but no one has come out~

He sighed. "It's been like that for the past week now", he said to no one in particuler. "I wonder if the ICC are suspious and evacuated the city... no... we would've noticed any movement to and from the city"

"Perhaps", His second in command walked up behind him. "There's something to this city that neither of us expected"

"Like?", Kalshion and sat up

"Well, think about it. Under normal circumstances, an enemy ship that crash's would normally attract the attention of the planet's military. From what I've noticed they havn't even CHECKED", He said

Kalshion placed his finger on his cheek, "Good point", he said. "So, what you're saying is that it's possible we landed in a very bad location"

He nodded. "I have this odd feeling it wouldn't have mattered if we had landed IN the town or just outside. Something about this town just doesn't add up, I mean when our boy's raided the air field they found NO THING of interested. All military craft where gone, and what was there wasn't salvagable"

That worried Kalshion. Even if that base had been abandoned there still would've been some guards there to keep people from using it as a home. He got up and surveyed the area and noticed a red light blinking up in one of the tall towers, the tower was shaped like a needle and pointed straight up. "What is that?"

"Well, according to what information we pulled from the capture'd vehicles, that building is the city's central office", His 2nd in command said and showed the shematic to Kalshion

"Then what's that red light?", Kalshion said.... but he then realized he had asked a Rhectorical question. "TEAM 1 and 2 GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!! NOW!!!"

His 2nd in command didn't understand the use of the words but it soon dawned on him to, he spun on his heel's and barked orders. "Disassemble the camp! Load it into the truck's and get ready to haul ass out of here!"

Everyone in the camp stopped, then moved about disassembling the camp

"So, what do you think that light is?", He asked

Kalshion moved toward the truck, "A bomb of some sort, this area is a test site. I should've known when the ICC didn't send there fighter's or the planet's military after us", He said. "Blast, how could I have been so stupid. There where sign's all over", he jumped into the rear side of the truck. His 2nd in command jumped into the driver's seat and started her up

"Luckily, the majority of our supply's where still loaded on the trucks, so it should only take 10 minutes", He said

He nodded. "Good, let's just hope we have enough time", Kalshion said

"What about our boy's there?"

He sighed. "It'll take them an hour to get here, I sent a message over to them before I got on board telling them to head in the opposite direction", Kalshion said and looked out the window toward the city. "This explains everything, the ICC's strong defense of this planet"

"So, you believe this is some new weapon there thinking of using?", He said

"I believe so", Kalshion looked back at his 2nd in command. "And I think it's stronger than the fusion torp's and MIRV's"

"Is that possible?"

"I hope not... but it look's like it", Kalshion sighed once more then looked in the back. "We all ready?", he yelled over his short range com

He got the go that everyone was ready and signaled for the driver to kick it, the truck accelerated from 0 to 60 in under 3 minute's. The driver and everyone else could care less about the way road was, all they cared about was getting out of dodge and toward a mountain range that would shield them

The drive toward the mountain took only 30 minutes, but to them it felt like 30 hours.

When they reached the bottom they turned on a forested toward that lead back toward the crash site. "When we crashed I saw another road that lead away from the ship, but I didn't know where it lead to until we got to that overlook mountain", Kalshion said. "Take it... we'll need to go through the forest since.. well... roughly 4 mile's of that road is no longer useful"

"Got it", The driver said and turned into the forest. If the ride before wasn't bumpy enough this one took the cake and literally smashed it everywhere. Kalshion held on to the truck's over line. "Man, I wish we had tire's that could grip this terren"

"So do I, but this is the best she's got", The driver said while avoiding some tree's. "Where a good 10 mile's from the mountain range", The driver said while looking at a map he had taken from one of the ICC Commando's. "If it's correct that is..."

"We have to presume it is", Kalshion said

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-08-01 05:38   
more. faster. MORE

Email Meko
Kalshion
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-03 00:28   
(OOC: Ok, now that I'm back.. and have enough message's on MSN to get this thread back up.. guess I'll post again )

Kalshion stared out the truck's window, the view that he was getting was magnificent. He really had no idea how long they had been driving since he had fallen asleep a little after asking the driver how long it would take

"Nearly there now sir", the driver said he looked into his rear view mirror. "Surprised no one's lost a tire now"

"Luck", one of there passengers said. "Just luck"

"Just like how it's luck that the ICC havn't spotted us", Kalshion added he looked over his shoulder and at there passenger, who looked away and didn't say a word

As they rounded yet another bin, the mountain range into complete view. "Ahhh, it seems we have a clear path"

"Why is this path TO clear", the driver said as he took another road, the road was verticle to the range entrance. Kalshion glanced at him and noticed the worried look

"You saw another entrance I hope"

"It's narrower than this one, but I do believe that the main entrance is mined.. don't ask how, just call it a gut feeling", The driver said with a smile

The convoy moved along the dirt road, which was surprisingly void of tree's and such, the smell of diesal, which was rare, tipped them off that something had been through thre hour's ago.... or many even minutes

They entered the mountain range, it was only a few second's after did they hear the rumble and see a light shin over the mountains, fire roared over the mountain itself and casted an earie orange glow across the ground

The heat from the blast set off a range of explosions, including the mine's that they had thought where at the entrance, come to find out they WHERE at the entrance

The truck's moved a bit more toward a large cave, the cave was big enough for them to hide there trucks in, along with themselve. As the trucks disappeared one by one into the cave, something else moved amongst the sky.. a large object that pierced through the fire and debris that had spread out from the explosion

Kalshion got out of his truck and walked around the side, two men hoped out and looked around

"Damn this place is big"

"Must've been used as a storage center once"

"Who cares, set up a guard near the entrance. No one from outside is to come in..", Kalshion said

The two men saluted and grabbed a few weapons and some gear and made there trek toward the entrance, a few other's followed them with deployable weapons

He walked around the doom of the cave. "He's right, this place was once a storage center, I can see where the crain's and other equipment used to be hung at", Kalshion said as he pointed toward a few dent's in the wall and a few holes that had wire's hanging out of them.. dead give aways really

"We can set up a few sentry post's near the mouth of this doom, at least then if anyone get's past the guard, they'll run into the posts", another person said as they examined the ground

"Do it", Kalshion said as he walked toward the center. "Everyone start setting up camp, once that's done let's explore these cave's a bit more", he said as he looked around

chrisfall
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-03 16:05   
more plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kalshion
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-03 23:30   
"This place is huge", one of Kalshion's subordinents said as he glazed the wall with his flashlight. Strange symbols appeared as the light flashed over the area's on the wall

"These symbols are ancient", Another person said

"Wonder why the ICC havn't researched this"

"Because they care to much for this war", Kalshion said as he walked into the area. "Now, you see anything we can use?"

"There are several cavarns that we can turn into work places", one of his officers said

"Then get going, set up a few benchs, get some stuff going", he walked back toward a tent where his other officers where situated. "status?"

"If we where on the ship, I could easily tell you whats going on", his security officer said. "But, since we aren't.. I can only te-"

"Get to the point"

"Of course", the security officer said. "We've set up a few barricade's at the entrance of this dome. We have about 4 patrol's going through the tunnals, although where few and far between"

Kalshion nodded. "There's a resistence here on this planet, we need to fiind them... link up... and see if we can get any help out of them", he said with arm's folded and head held med

"That's all good", another officer said. "However, I'm getting this wierd feeling that thing's are about to g-"

Several blue beams of light peirced through the dome and hit the ground near the tent, the tent's outer covering burned away due to the exthreme heat.

"Move! Deeper into the cavarn!", Kalshion yelled while ignoring the burns that he had received from the heat. He noticed that both his security officer and one other had been killed instantly he cursed under his breath but knew he couldn't stay there

"They've pin pointed out location!", Another person yelled just as a spray beam struck the area he had been... and vanished leaving only trace amounts of ash and bone

"How the hell can they fire through those rocks? I thought they didn't have that fire power", Someone yelled

Kalshion knew how they where targetting them, but how they knew EXACTLY where they where worried him... he knew now that they had a spy amoungst there ranks... and the fact that only 29 people remained would make it eaiser for him to figure out who it was.

They moved deeper and deeper into the cavarn, they carried only what they could carry. Kalshion had noticed that a few trucks managed to follow them, but hte trucks that had there food supplys where not present. Only the one's that carried the other much needed supplys, like water, weapons and survey equipment, survived

"This is going to be hard", Kalshion said as they continued deeper into the cavarn, he only hoped that the deeper they went the less likely there enemy's could target them and successfuly 'blow a hole' in there new home

chrisfall
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-04 02:54   
more more more

Kalshion
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-04 12:09   
Kalshion and most of his surviving crew, soon found themselves at the lowest level they could go

Maybe it was the heat that tipped them off, or perhaps it was the lava river to there right... but any other way, they knew they couldn't go any further, although if they could find a way over the river then they'd be able to continue.. but that wasn't likely to occur

"Set up a few deployable's at the entrance", Kalshion said as he gestured toward the small tunnal they had just come out of

"We aren't the only one's who've been here", one of his officers aid as they brushed the ground

Kalshion reached for his side arm. "Who?"

"Not military, perhaps civilian", the officer looked around. "Maybe the resistence, although I doubt they'd come down this far"

"What I'd like to know.. is how far down are we EXACTLY", Kalshion said. "I find it hard to believe that we already reached a few river's of lava so quickly", he said and looked around.. although something didn't seem right about the river

"Markis", He said as he walked toward the river. Markis ran up to him, "Yea Boss?"

"Stick this termo wire into the lava", Kal said as he watched for any odd signs

Markis grabbed the wire and stuck it in... and to his surprise he didn't notice any burning. "Odd"

"Just as I thought", Kalshion said as he brushed away some heavy dirt and revealed a vent shaft, he could feel the heat coming from shaft, although he could only keep his hand there for a few seconds it was enough to tell him that flow of lava wasn't lava at all

"Seems to me like someone doesn't want beyond this point", Markis said. "I can hazard a guess that this river isn't deep enough to pervent our trucks from going through it"

"Then let's hurry, only two trucks made it...", Kalshion said he waved his hand toward one of the drivers... who in response gave him a rather worried look

"Uhhh Boss... you want me, to drive this truck, through THAT?", The driver said

"Yes"

"Are you nutz"

"Perhaps"

"If I do that, my tire's will melt and so will this truck"

"Stop complaining and get moving", Kalshion said with folded arms

The driver sighed. "if I die in there I'll have you're ass"

"Good luck", Kalshion grinned at the female driver

The truck moved toward the flow of 'lava' then, although reluctantly, the driver drove the truck through and over ot the other side... although some residue remained from the 'lava'

"Since when does Lava not melt rubber", The driver said with her head stuck out of the driver side window

"When lava isn't lava at all, it's just water with some chemicals in it to make it SEEM like it's lava... my guess is that the resistence IS here and there close, possibly watching us", Kalshion glanced about. "Lets get the other truck over"

"What about the deployables?", One of his officer said

"Leave them... set them for auto", Kalshion said. "The enemy won't be able to follow us anyway", he said as he walked into the back of the last truck, pulled out a box and set it on the ground. "Each person grab 4 mine's, place them in a checker pattarn, we'll remotely arm them once where across", the others nodded

The laying of the pattarn only took 5 minutes, 40 mine's all in a nice pattarn and covered up which would make it even harder to see

Once the rest of his crew where across he activated the mine's and smiled, then grinned as he heard the tall tail signs of a few vehicles coming down the tunnal they had just came from. He gestured toward his crew and they continued on there way, vanishing into the tunnal and out of site.. the last thing to be heard was the mine's going off

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-12-04 12:41   
Great stuff so far.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.062504 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR