No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » damn it
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author damn it
VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-17 22:24   
...nono "NoSuchAccount" you were totally helpfull .. same helpful as clear ..... -.-

and scottn .. i got no clue what u wanna tell me o.O .. and my comp doesnt freeze .. only the update window freezes

and to tae :
i only found the option for the firewall in the settings for the wan miniport pppoa
which im not using since i got a router ..... o.O

it seems like it fixed some probs i had with connection but nothing about ds changed =(

[ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-17 22:43 ]

Sc0tTn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-17 23:59   
I was sayin that I have the exact same problem! So i gave my info too.

Email Sc0tTn
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-18 02:58   
What *exactly* happens if you type "telnet mirror-server.palestar.com 9001" at the command prompt

VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-18 08:16   
...scottn i really doubt it has to do anything with dx .. but let me know what makes u think differently ......

and NoSuchAccount ....
first the microsoft tenetclient begs my firewall to let it connect

so u really meant telnet mirror-server.palestar.com 9001 and not telnet mirror-server.palestar.com : 9100 ?

for now im getting lots of hearts and "AH" in the window lol .... need to figure out how to copy it or how to get those signs here ...

this is what im getting when i write that comman with 9001 and it doesnt stop so i will update this info -.-

x£·Î¹ÛÆ♥
·7♥H
·ÀH
·ÀH
·ÀH
·w♦H
·w▲H
·w
H
·¸¶H
·¸☺H
·¸
·Ã÷·Æ♥
·$
·'♥$
·º$
·g♦$
·g
$
·þ
☺$

i doubt that really matters what exactly is showing up there sinces its always different when i connect .. in the end it say "lost connection to host"

!!ok well when i submit the post the signs become corrupted .... so i doubt u can guess what it was before ....
voxz_riley@yahoo.de
send me an email and im gonna reply with the valid message!!

and that window just shut down when i pressed the key combination for "copy" -.-
so i dunno what would come after that ... gonna run it one more time

with 9100 at the end nothing at all happens in the telnet window

[ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-18 08:27 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-18 08:31 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-18 08:56 ]

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-18 08:41   
OK lets stop a second and look at the simple stuff first instead of going so deep.

First

In your network which computer was set up first? does the other have any issues getting to DS lobby? The reason i ask if one or the other is set up to have all others conect through it that could be your problem depending on its permissions. If you are set up for a home network through your PC's rather then the router reset your internet conections on both to connect to the internet as stand alones. It will warn you that it is not the most secure type of connection but thats fine, thats what antivirus and pop up blockers are for. If the connecting PC isnt configured to be a network control device your screwed, or if its not on your screwed.

second

This will sound funny but i see it all the time. Did u use the disk that came with the router to set up your router? If you did, uninstal everything to with your router including usb drivers if you are using a usb connection to your router( the ones on the disk for the router). Next insure that the device is NOT CONNECTED to your PC or any other USB cables, then instal any usb drivers needed for the router. Sony among many other hardware device makers has a problem with installing usb drivers while anything is connected. after the driver are installed you may connect usb cables again.

if you do not have usb cables from your router to your pc still uninstall any router software you installed and toss the disk. simply turn off your PC unplug the DSL and router and connect all your wires. turn on the DSL, once its on turn on the router, once its on turn on your PC. after your PC is open go to programs and find your Command prompt or dos window.

type ipconfig/release
then type ipconfig/renew

you may have to ad a _all at the end of the release if it seems you have more then one network adapter.

I am the administrator of our High Speed cable modem system for Mediacom Telecomunications in MO. I see this happen with alot of routers where the subscriber uses the disk to s et up thier router and it screws it up 90 % of the time i always advise to uninstal any router software loaded and toss the disk in the trash. Try it i hope it works for you. If not repost and we can try something else

Email HaVoX
VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-18 09:02   
ok well .... first ..... i didnt install any router software ... all i had to do was to enable tcp/ip then restart the router, comp and dsl modem and then i configured the router by using browser ..... no software installed at all ....
this with stand alone im gonna try now ..

ok i just did that for my comp which was the first i set for that ex-network .... now i just dont know how to set up the other on elike that ..... its using windows 89 and i honestly forgot 99% of that crappy windows version...even think its not possible to set as standalone..

well the only thing that changed is the security test showed i do have a fake ip but its not shifting as usual .... ds wont work any better still ....

what about port forwarding or port triggering option of my router ? .... where do i get the port no.s that ds is using ?

shouldnt they be disabled ... ? do i need to specify the aplication + ports or is enabling enough ?

-...!! but another thing .... it cant be the network, router or firewall cause i tried to connect by wan miniport .. so without router also without fw and the problems were still there ...... so it must be my comp config.

[ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-18 09:36 ]

VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-18 10:10   
@ NSA

think i need to change 9100 into 9001 in the connecting ds data ? thats what i would think of but i cant find a way ....

VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-18 14:57   
CURRENTLY my problems are as follows :
i install the 1 year old version of ds
then the update runs just fine.. after it did updates i want to start the game "lobby" or "tutorial" in the game screen (and im talking about the offline screen where u get when u click on DarkSpace in start menue--so not connected yet)

then the updater opens and says "loading local catalog"
..... and nothing happens no matter how long i wait ... after some time this updater window freezes

..as i can remember when i install the newest ds version and select lobby or tutorial the updater opens but no update starts .... the updater window freezes at "connecting to mirror-server.palestar.com : 9001"

!?Anyone here that could help me out !? =SS

[small][ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-18 18:18 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-18 18:20 ]

Sc0tTn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-19 03:17   
I have the same problem and my client also connects to :9100

I can't send bug reports either so I am wondering if it's something do do with the Ds server filtering me out because of my IP or something.

When i click on local server and I check the log I get:
06/19/04 17:40:13 : CLIENT: Failed to login to meta-server, closing connection!
06/19/04 17:40:13 : Failed to connect to MetaServer!

GCQL.log says
06/19/04 18:01:59 : MetaClient::open, connecting to primary server...

server.exe tries to connect to : 9101

Update.ini contains:
[Update]
ProcessId=4294273317
Path=C:PROGRAM FILESPALESTARDARKSPACE
PostExecute=C:PROGRAM FILESPALESTARDARKSPACEGCQL.EXE -g 1 -s 0

Don't know if that helps at all. This is very frustrating as I am paying for play time that I can't use!

Email Sc0tTn
VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-19 08:30   
...well its mostly what my .log files say .... for some reason the version 1476 is the only version that works .. and only until its updated ....

but when i select Lobby from the offline game screen the updater shows the "connecting to mirror..." for a very short time .. after that it says "loading local catalog" .... so the connection seems to work ... but the updater freezes at that last message ... was looking for some wrong patch but couldnt fiind anything...

[ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-19 08:34 ]

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-21 08:47   
Well you definatly have me stumped, are you at this point trying to connect with just the modem?

Also have you checked to see if you have any conflicts with your ports in your resources?

Are you running a virus scan program that may block or deem DS as unsafe?

also check your browser security levels to make sure that DS does not fall into the restricted area.

One little trick you can do is to go through your task manager into your proccess's screen and turn off one process attached to a program in your background (non system ones) and see if any of those are interfereing. another is to go to START then RUN and type msconfig. This will bring up a set of options that affect the way your computer starts up go to the last tab it should be Start up. Uncheck everything but your virus protection. If any of the start up programs are hogging your resources and taking a higher priority then DS they wont be on next time you start your PC. This hurts nothing as when you want to start a program turned off in that menu it will start normaly when you click the icon or go through your program menu from the start bar. All its in there for is so marketers can have thier stuff running in the back ground and it will start faster or kick off as soon as you put a Music CD or some such related product in.

Also if you havent run a AD/SPY ware program i would.

Email HaVoX
VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-21 10:43   
...ok cool thanks im gonna try all that .. but since you brought up the browser .. what does ds have to do with browser ?? o.O

as default browser im using mozilla with pretty high security status ..... also i tried launching ds without firewall, anti virus and router .....

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2004-06-21 10:49   
GCQL does not look at your default browser, it calls on the integrated features of Internet Explorer to display the website above the lobby.

So even if you use Mozilla to browse the internet, the internal GCQL browser is opening IE to shell the website.

Typically the security restrictions in IE only causes failure to log into the website issues so you can not post messages or access secured forums, but you can still chat.

Email Tael
VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-21 11:05   
..oooooh ... well i set security lvl of IE to lowest now since i dont use it to browse the internet .... and i also cleared the last tab of the msconfig from all the crap ..... what about the tab before the last one ?
till now nothing changed anything accodring to ds .... still stuck at "loading local catalog" .. now i wonder what catalog .... on my comp or on the server ?

..oh and how do i get rid of spoolsv.exe ?
i found an official explaination its a file neccesary to share infos for printers and stuff over network .... but this file acts like a trojan ... when i terminate it in the taskmanager or even delet it, it always comes back ...
i also disabled "sharing printers over network" .....

also i found lots of interesting stuffin the tab before last one (i think services on english) in msconfig which i bet i wont need .. but since im not sure i wont touch it .... but i disabled the printer manager and ----> netmeeting-remotedesktop O.O as i know i deinstalled netmeeting already ... well
when i look at the network traffic window in my fw screen i notice that when the ds updater starts and says "loading local catalog" there is somelow and short traffic at the start .... and the comp does load a lil .. and thats it for hours .... maybe some verification ?...

[ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-21 11:38 ]

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-21 15:25   
I wouldnt mess with any of the other stuff in MS config just the startup stuff. That frees resources from unnessary background apps that gobble them up also lets ur pc run faster. I will think on this i have been up goiing on 32 hours from work and my brain aint working so swell so i need to get some sleep

Email HaVoX
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.017410 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR