Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Error: Failed To Initialize Display
 Author Error: Failed To Initialize Display
Cekulatrendes
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-02 12:14   
I have an old laptop. No new video card. It supports 3D. I have Direct X 9.0. I have tried just about everything short of giving up and uninstalling. Looks like a cool game if I can get it to run. Can you guys help?

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-06-02 13:50   
Run ClientSetup.exe.... pick the lowest resoultion possible (800x600x16), then lower all the details to the lowest possible value you can stand.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
icedeth7
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-21 17:23   
I'm getting this error too. Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, AMD Athlon 3000+, Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS.
I've tried ALL graphics settings lowest to highest, with all options checked or unchecked, on both heads of multi-monitor setup, w/o multi-monitor, on several different installs/reinstalls of different versions of DarkSpace, after deleting Palestar folder between installs. I've also tried several different video driver versions, using the driver uninstaller or DriverCleaner Pro between driver installs. I've always had this problem with Darkspace, since the first time I tried to beta...I can get into lobby fine, just can't get into tutorial or gameplay past this error.

Thanks for your time and help.

Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 19:14   
This is a recurring issue, even on my nVidia GeForce FX 5700 VE right now. The way I fix this interesting issue is to basically 'reselect' your current graphics card and hit Apply or whatever.. that seems to fix it for the time being...

Email Shippo
Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:17   
I get this too from time to time...if it hasnt happened yet before you join game (everytime since you restarted your machine i'm afaraid) go to setup select the highest option ...press ok then click setup again and select the option you would normally want to run...in your case the lowest settings.if you have already got this message after trying to join the only way i've found that fixes it is to reinstall your graphics drivers...works for me.

icedeth7
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-22 11:36   
Hmm...sorry, but neither of these suggestions are working for me. Anything else I should do? I'm seriously considering re-installing windows XP service pack 2 one of these week-ends. But I'd have to re-download and re-install EVE Online, and re-do the 5 or six disk EQ2 install...heh, that may take longer than simply reinstalling windows.

Page created in 0.010840 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR