No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A few Ideas on fleets and ships
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author A few Ideas on fleets and ships
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-06-02 14:31   
Quote:

On 2004-06-02 12:39, Meko wrote:
valid points griff, exept for not makign the dreads stronger. they need to be. there just no way a picket ship can take on a battleship. no matter Whos flying.

~Griff posted? Where's he at? O_o

Goto the website of Grimith
Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-06-02 15:51   
yes lets make it so that if you start a fleet or are not in one at all you can't get a station or dread

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-03 13:44   
Sarge, non fleet players use "faction resources" so they can fly wut everf they want.

Email Meko
Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-04 03:05   
oke i apretiate your suggestion but i dun't think it could b implement especialy the limiting the number of ships .. think about it if freelancer can get anyship he want but if u go into a fleet you are limited to what your fleet can get .. y stay in fleet then ? anotherthing .. this is a game that we all pay equal to play so .. it'z not very fair when u pay the same as other person u put as much efford to get the prestiege but u can't get the rightful ship that you earn ... we should al be treated equal considering when it come to the game we are ... wel my few cents

[Free]Dop-erwt
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-04 13:34   
what about being able to redline engine(boosting them but also overheating and permanently damaging them)

disfunction is a function

former fleets: -uepg- =IT= -IL-

Goto the website of [Free]Dop-erwt
Sauron
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-05 00:01   
first, the fleet resources...i dont like it, people will join a big fleet that has lots of planets...no one will join the smaller fleets the big fleet...with more people and resources caps more planets (more than likely) in the end i could see where after awhile there are only 3 fleets (one for each faction) it may take awhile but thats how i see things progressing in the end if this were implemented...one for each faction...so the point of fleets would become somewhat pointless.

the uber gun....interesting, it would discourage planet sitting stationary targets only sounds good....but the weapon should have a sig of 200 when in flight, so it can be tracked easilly on nav map, can travel no faster than a typical tach drive and if you are targeted your screen should go red...give you a chance to jump out...i'm only thinking about the poor guy modding his ship with the factory screen up...also the weapon is completely useless against planets and stations...stations wouldn't stand a chance otherwise and the planets...well why would you want it to be able to damage a planet in the first place? except maybe you are frustrated about not being able to take a strategic planet...and what the the hell lets level it...no, no planet damage

the uber ship...i agree GA's should have an uber ship just not what you have in mind...the GA's ship should be a command cruiser...don't let the name fool you there are no builds on this ship.specs. on this possible ship are as follows...

- full complement of shields and heavy armour...4 of each (Ga's are the most valuable asset a fleet or faction has and should not have to suffer the indiginity of dying)
-3 beam II slots(full) and 3 beam I (for point defense)
-3 special slots
-6 wep II slots (full)
- 4 drive slots more power to keep those weapons chuggin
-the ship should also have more top speed than a regular cruiser, not much but some (for escaping those 'dictor fields...once again a GA shouldn't suffer the indignity of dyin...especially from a 'dictor )
- slightly faster turn rate than a regular cruiser
- also the ship when pulled out of the shipyard is fairly well modded wep II's are the torp of choice for faction...the beam II's are cl2k's the beam I's pulse.... the 3 special slots have at least 2 fusion 1500's...the drives are ame and amjd..cause you know it's gonna anyway after modding (and GA's have more to do than search for a mod planet)
- very small trade off no cargo...at all ...this is a combat ship ship not a cargo hauler .

some of you might think the weapon and equipment loadout is similiar to a dread of sorts...minus the wep I's ...and i guess there are some similiarities...but with a faster turn rate and the power to keep the weapons 'chuggin along and shields and armour...well this ship will eat dreads and cruisers alike...'nuff said

thats my idea for a GA ship anyway....why do the ships have to get bigger...when more powerful will do nicely

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-05 03:46   
souron, i like your ideas about the long range projectile.

but i disliek your GA ship stuff. GA's are suppost to be smart, not newbies. the ship u lsiten there is a newbie space bar mashing boat.

a GA should ge ta dread, that travels 10 GU, has lots of lazers and IT missles, no torpedoes, and it has lot of armor and shields.

this would make it lunch to an AC or TC huntign pack, but if a lont ship is dumb enopugh to attack it, say 5 cl2k's would make u think twice about closing.

also GA's are skilled right? so, 2 cl2k's front, 1 left one right one rear. and 4 point defence beams, 2 front, two full.

5 IT missles, 3 fighter slots. one special slot (yea only one) and 4 engines.

Email Meko
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-06-05 05:01   
~Far be it for me to be blatant and obvious on this, as I've posted a few comments on my own, but maybe suggestions should really be made by either those who have been playing the game for a while or those who are already Grand Admirals.

~Not like the suggestions aren't appreciated (I'm sure they are), but... for GA ships...... eh, let the more important people worry about that and focus on other things...

~...Like whining about lag! If we keep doing that, surely it'll be fixed!

~(/joke)

Goto the website of Grimith
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015303 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR