No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Lag Problems - Free trial for subbed players.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Lag Problems - Free trial for subbed players.
Iglooman (SF)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-13 08:48   
*bump*

Mike Drenth - Temagami

Goto the website of Iglooman (SF)
einie{bad_boy_o_space}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-13 09:04   
Last night I moded an AD to the teeth, went through a wormhole and...
for a full 2 minutes I could not turn, slow down, stop or fire. I watched in horror as my AD ran full speed into a planet. I could see the turn and speed input indicators moving, and I could switch camers, but the ship had no response. I don't see anypoint in going back to the MV until it is fixed.

drsnuggles
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-22 14:31   
I'm having the same problems when I'm using my DSL connection - by using the ISDN line I don't have the lag problems all. Ethereal reports massive Dup ACKs and TCP retransmissions when using the DSL line + Darkspace.

I suppose some network parameters are not properly configured either at the game servers themselves or the routers that connect the servers to the internet.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-22 14:44   
Actually, the problems that are currently being experienced didn't come to light in beta, and only appeared after publishing to live occured. They would never have been found in beta, because beta does not allow for both a fully built MV (would take too long with player levels in beta), and did not have anywhere near the players in it that release does.

Because of this, we were forced to publish it to live, and fix up problems as they occured there.

The problems with communications that were found in beta were fixed before that code went live. The current batch of problems did not manifest in beta, and so could not be addressed as they were unknown.

Email Gideon
MitchMeister
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-22 19:23   
ya.. i mean, i finally got a high enough rank where i can get a destroyer, put 90k into the damn thing, and lagged out and crashed into a planet @ 3am. I nearly through my PC down the stairs.. .

drsnuggles
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-23 04:20   
Ok, I now tried DS with another DSL connection (768kbit/s), there also is this extreme lag and Ethereal report hundrets of TCP retransmissions and/or TCP Dup ACKs - no problems with ISDN though.

Is any developer interested in getting the logfile of Ethereal to check?

adamk
Cadet

Posted: 2004-05-20 16:56   
I too am having the problem where the latency shoots up and everything stops responding for minutes at a time, punctuated with brief but precious seconds of being lag-free. I'm on DSL and have a more than adequate system. I don't experience lag like this in any other online game.

Has anyone figured out how to help this or know when it will be fixed? Or what causes it to only affect some people? I used to love this game but its absolutely unplayable like this.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-20 17:45   
Ok my specs.

p4 2.667 Ghz
just a hair ove ra Gig of Ram (ddr? drr?) whatever that new kind is
256 meg FX5600
blah blah blah

CABLE, not dsl or any super fast connection

my lag (per day) donsists of one 20-30 gu jump. and a couple seconds lag on my weapons firing, a few times per day.

there was one day (tueday) were i was laggin gliek crazy, and i lost an AC, and a supply ship...... i should got a screen shot of that. i warped over 1000gu, then warped back and crashed.

Email Meko
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-05-20 19:17   
~Even though this is an old thread... well... eh... it still applies! I get the lag freezes and the turn freezes and that non-firing thingy-ma-jigger-whatsit-called...

~x_x

Goto the website of Grimith
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-05-20 19:46   
Gideon, wouldent it have been wise to keep a BACKUP of the old version incase the new version had any difficulties. That would have been the ideal thing to do, and roll it back. (I know this is possible )

Additionally, my specs are:

-P4, 2.8 Ghtz
-512MB RAM
-125MB ATi Radeon 9200
-56.6k connection.

The lag is horrendous. Beyond horrendous. Sometimes there are periods that there is no lag. other times it lasts forever. I see this occur most often when I first enter the game, when targetting planets and attempting to orbit them (where 60% of all my planet crashes occur) when I target a planet and attempt to turn (also another cause of planet collisions) when attempting to open a WH, when within 30000 gu of ANY Wh. When there are more than 5 mines within 5000 gu, when there are a particularly large ammount of planet defences.

This is also where I notice most of my "whirring" comes into play. It happens most with the internet when it continueally lags longer than 5 minutes. This also occurs in another game I used to play, SWG, But I found a VERY weird remdial to that.

I actually have no idea why this remedial works, but it seems to negate the lag. It prevents ALL or MOST lag when playing SWG by running this web page in internet Explorer in the backround.. Weird indeed.

-Ent

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-20 22:38   
Iglooman juz 1 point to make i got lag even tough there is only me in the ga server so it'z not bout how many there is and 1 lil equation i would like to give u

no free trail = no one to play with

btw if u do the beta .. ya can earn the free 2 week to and use it when your sub is done

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.019926 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR