Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » What happened to the free 2 weeks?
 Author What happened to the free 2 weeks?
Blue Ice
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-09 07:40   
My free trial is over now?! it's only been 5 days. I thought everyone got to play for 2 weeks with no need to subscribe. That's what the news said....

"The free trial will run from March 2nd, 2004 until March 17th, 2004. All accounts will have full access to the entire game during this time, with no subscription needed. "

So can i get my account fully restored till the 17th like the news article promised?

Email Blue Ice
-DJSMITH- {Thors Hammer}
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-09 07:46   
you need to login and play on a server to get ur rank back, ive had to do it everyday

Proud Member of the Thor's Hammer Bomber Squadron

TAZ
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-09 10:43   
Two free weeks......what you mean two free weeks......I didnt get two free weeks.......just had $9.99 charged to my account yesterday for playing DS. How is this getting two free weeks??

Email TAZ   Goto the website of TAZ
Blue Ice
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-09 11:21   
if you read the first news this is what it said:

"Version 1.481 Released / Free Trial
- posted at March 2nd, 2004 - 19:14 by Faustus

Austin, TX, March 1st, 2004. Palestar is happy to announce the release of version 1.481 of DarkSpace, which has been in development for over a year, and a Free Trial for the next two weeks.

The latest version is highly anticipated as it contains a complete new server backend and numerous new features and fixes, including…

- Completely new fully distributed Server Backend, which performs dynamic load balancing and speed improvements.
- New structures, including the Shipyard, which allows players to spawn from planets, Quantum Generator and Defense / Fighter Bases II/III. - New ground unit Heavy Infantry. Additionally, the maximum number of ground units per planet has been increased to 32, units can now stack, and a new order system has been implemented.
- Revised technology system, in which all planets now have a technology level instead of a research tree. This system is easier to understand and use than the previous technology tree system, and doesn’t require player intervention to fully develop a planets technology level.
- Revised and improved Tutorial.
- User interface has been overhauled and made more accessible.
- Trade routes are now automatically created based on supply and demand economics.
- New WORM HOLE DEVICE allows ships to travel instantly from one location in the universe to another.
- Numerous bug fixes and optimizations…

The free trial will run from March 2nd, 2004 until March 17th, 2004. All accounts will have full access to the entire game during this time, with no subscription needed. "

So then this mornin this is what I got sent to my e-mail....

"From : DarkSpace
Reply-To : darkspace@palestar.com
Sent : Monday, March 8, 2004 6:05 PM
To : GruntSoldier@hotmail.com
Subject : Subscription Ended

Blue Ice, your DarkSpace subscription has ended.

Note: Accounts are automatically deleted after one year of inactivity. You will
be sent a email warning 30 days before your account is purged. Once an account
has been deleted, your rank and prestige cannot be restored. A subscription is
NOT required to keep your account, just login once a year to keep it active.

Your rank and prestige will be restored after you connect to the first game
server once you reactivated your subscription.

You can login to your account at our website:
http://www.darkspace.net/profile.htm

Thank you very much for playing...

* This is an automated message, please do not reply.

Click on the following URL if you wish to be removed from our database:
http://www.darkspace.net/remove.htm?remove_email=GruntSoldier@hotmail.com"

so if someone could clarify what's goin on it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Email Blue Ice
Yidam
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-09 12:08   
Ok, I will try to clear things up:

The free trial only affects unsubscribed Players, what it does is, it allows those unsubscribed players access to the servers that are normally only accessable by subscribed players and they can use their stored prestige for full effect, which they normally can't as they are forced to midshipman level no matter what their prestige is. It does not give all players two free weeks to play.

If you are a subscribed player you gain nothing from a free trial except may be more players on the servers etc.

to Blue Ice:
What happens to you, Blue Ice, is that your previous subscription ran out today and you were informed about it. You should still be able to play with your account during the free trial without suffering any penalty a unsubscribed player usually has (server and prestige restriction). So you can wait for the free trial to end and then you can resubscribe.

to TAZ *FA*:
As i said before, as a subscribed player with a continious/reanewing subscription (for example using credit card) you do not benefit from the free trial. To have access to the two free weeks, you had to cancel your subscription and be unsubscribed for/during the time of the free trial.

The coupon you got for playing 2 hours during the beta stress test, will grant you real *free* play time, as it adds a time bonus to your account and delays the date you are charged again.

At least this how I understand it and as it has been with free trials in the past. But no warranties are given and no responsibility for misinformation is taken.

You can always contact billing@palestar.com for further inquiries about this matter.

[ This Message was edited by: Yidam on 2004-03-09 12:47 ]

TAZ
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-09 12:37   
Thanks for the input Yidam, I really wasnt complaining about the $9.99 being taken from my account and I already suspected what you descriibed!

I was trying to make a point that some of us are paying to play here and with that being a fact find it funny, if not somwhat annoying, that others are complaining because they feal that they may get shorted a few days of free playtime!

Email TAZ   Goto the website of TAZ
Blue Ice
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-09 21:37   
ok i got 1 more problem....

I can't fly the ships that i had before my trail was up!!! I have 5 ships (rangin from support, transport, heavy cruiser, engineer, and extracter) all are modded to some degree. I know it's not the planet's restrictions cause i can just select a new ship, heavy cruiser for example, with no problem.

Email Blue Ice
Yidam
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-10 02:47   
Well, this can happen if the ships are from another faction. If they are ICC ships and you can not use them being ICC yourself, you should post this in the Bug Reporting forum. There is already a thread dealing with this topic MV Storage Bug simply add your post to it.

Page created in 0.014043 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR