No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » 8 Requested Changes/Problems for latest DS
 Author 8 Requested Changes/Problems for latest DS
Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-04 21:32   
1. Assigning equipment to groups is laggy/bugged. Often putting your cursor over a piece of equipment does not bring up its popup name and right clicking on it and assigning it to a weapons group does not work. Usually (if it is a weapon) if you fire it once you will be able to assign it. Otherwise, sometimes it acts like it is lagged (will assign a few minutes later) or if it is equipment (like the reactor) you are out of luck.

2. Chat color. Normal speaking (which is what you hear the most of in the mv) should be green like it was before. Fleet communication should be yellow (like before). I'm not sure about the other 2 (what they do) so I don't know what color they should be yet.

3. I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like an ON/OFF option for the new *SPARKLE* effect which when you pan the camera up and down moves a few sparkling starts on screen. (A layer between you and your ship) It is distracting, doesn't make sense (parallax view is horrible. Starts are as distant as the background (supposed to be) but more like they are right up against the camera). half the time they almost look like ptorps. I don't like this addition.

4. If I close the top left menu, the hotkeys do not work! (F1-F6)

5. We need a hotkey for the currently selected planet's factory (if one is available). It should select the factory with the soonest build start time. (If there are 2 factories and one is building 5min/2min and the other building 1min/1min/1min/1min, the 2nd should be selected since it will start building the soonest.)

6. The ship info (speed, energy, hull, etc) from the bottom left corner menu, which was in the top before, should have an option to return it to the top. The reasoning for this is simple. On screen, we spend most of our time looking at our targets which are above the halfway mark of the screen (in the distance). When time is critical, it is easier to look up 1/3 of the screen than down 2/3 of the screen. The top is the IDEAL place for this information. Some people like the new way so it should be an option where to place it.

7. Nav Screen Changes. First, mouse scroll (hold right button, move around) should have a sensitivity based on your zoom level. You do not need 1gu/mm at total zoom out, you do at total zoom in. Second, The zoom in/out sticks. If I toggle F2 and zoom in, often it will zoom out as soon as I let go of the key. Third, nav should display the contacts (ships/planets) for the system you are viewing, not the system you are in. If I am looking at Sol from Wolf, I want the SOL contacts to appear (so I can see how many enemy ships are in the system for example). Fourth, nav is innacurate to a much greater degree than it was before. In the old system, lag would cause ships shown in nav to jump 100-200 gu when you camera'd them. Now, they can jump clear across the system. I don't know if nav does not update as often, or at all unless you camera, but if I am watching a battle between friendlies in another system and enemies, if I camera a friendly, I will see a TOTALLY different situation than what Nav showed. (A ship will be at a planet repairing instead of in pitched battle at the gate for example, which is what Nav would show.

Finally, the most important Nav Change - You need to be able to zoom out more before a system fades. At least such that you can see the entire solar system AND another 100gu past its outermost item (planet/gate). I need to be able to zoom out and see what is happening in the entire solar system I am in, as it is I can barely see 2/3 of it before it fades out.

8. Return 50 Item Storage Spaces please. 30 IS NOT ENOUGH. 50 Was barely enough, I had 2-3 transports full of goods. 30 is killing me. Please restore 50+ item storage space.

[ This Message was edited by: Pentara on 2004-03-04 21:34 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-04 21:36   
absolutely!

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-04 21:45   
[quote]
nav should display the contacts (ships/planets) for the system you are viewing, not the system you are in. If I am looking at Sol from Wolf, I want the SOL contacts to appear (so I can see how many enemy ships are in the system for example). [quote]

Very good ideas... I like the quoted one particularly.. seems like the logical system to use.

Email Shigernafy
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-04 21:53   
I want a toggle option for contacts, so I can choose to see either my system only (or system I'm looking at only, per the quote), or the whole MV. But whole MV as in friendly and enemy ships only, not all planets like before! There definitely are times when seeing all ships everywhere in the MV is overwhelming, and there's times when not being able to see them is just a royal pain in the neck.

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-05 01:43   
Quote:

On 2004-03-04 21:32, Pentara wrote:
nav should display the contacts (ships/planets) for the system you are viewing, not the system you are in. If I am looking at Sol from Wolf, I want the SOL contacts to appear (so I can see how many enemy ships are in the

Nav should display all Allied and Enemy ships in the entire Mv.
Like it did right after release.

Right now it only shows the ships in your system, which sucks because you see other people talking but you have no clue where they are.

Heck the entire point of the new Mv was to make it one big universe.
All it does now is fade out to fast and lag

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Page created in 0.013626 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR