No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +19.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Don't put credit rewards back in!
 Author Don't put credit rewards back in!
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-03-03 21:57   
I like how only being able to get $ from trading and looting enemy ships helps restrict mods, or will in the long run, as well as making mods more valuable.

Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-04 01:45   
Quote:

On 2004-03-03 21:57, Sandalpocalypse wrote:
I like how only being able to get $ from trading and looting enemy ships helps restrict mods, or will in the long run, as well as making mods more valuable.

I dont understand your Problem. I lost 4 full modded eads, everyone of them was 90 000 credits worth, so i think thats very nice from our Commander in Chief to give us a small sugar!

Goto the website of Patriarch
JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-04 02:17   
Quote:

On 2004-03-03 21:57, Sandalpocalypse wrote:

Hear hear! Makes people think twice about jumping into battle planning to go all out.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-04 04:59   
Credit rewards should be put back in…Just a lot lower.

The problem with the current system is that a lot of people already have a huge amount of money.

Ships in Ds shouldn’t be fully Modified right after you pull them out of the shipyard, only certain parts of the ship should be upgraded simply because doing the entire ship would be to expensive.

This will also unbalance any future economic system that might be added. Perhaps Credits should be reset?

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-04 07:11   
i agree with bart on this one. since i left the last version with 400k im not gonna b able to mod that many ships with out creds from missions. so i think they should be put back in but just not as much as before.

Email Forseth (Ret)
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-04 07:30   
I agree with Sandal and Barth...

This new: looting-the-enemy-trannies-and-picking-through-the-scrap-metal-of-your-enemies thing is really cool...and there is always soo much debris to go around, no one is tripping overthemselves for some...

But Barth is right...a lot of us came into this with a lot of cash and a lot of us didnt, so a Credit system of, say: 4,000 for a Defense mission instead of 40,000 would be swell (or maybe more, just an example)

Oh...and I love Jackswift...

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-04 12:57   
Quote:

Hear hear! Makes people think twice about jumping into battle planning to go all out.

So says the man with over $30 million credits.....I on the other hand am a cheapskate and I die a lot, so I need all the credits I can get.

Bito

Puppies gotta die, too.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-04 13:10   
Well I want to see the upgrade Gideon has talked about, leave your ship at the shipyard and tell them what to upgrade (levels, not different weapons), it will take time and cash

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Roger
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-04 13:22   
I like variety. Not Asherons Call in space. Levels is simply there to make up the loss of creativity. That's why I don't play any of current RPGs (except UO), because they are "ballanced".

I like the games where any piece can destroy any other piece, and where it's defined by players intellignece like it should, not how many "levels" player has. It's easier for one piece to destroy other pieces but luck can turn on you and you end up destroyed by inferior ship.

I can't afford to spend all the time I have on this game. I like "reward" system just the way it used to be because "reward" for me not virtual money but figuring out the most creative way I spend them.

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-04 13:39   
Quote:

On 2004-03-04 07:30, Juxtapose wrote:

Oh...and I love Jackswift...

Quote:

On 2004-03-04 12:57, AdmBito wrote:

So says the man with over $30 million credits.....I on the other hand am a cheapskate and I die a lot, so I need all the credits I can get.

Bito

Of course you guys know I'd share the wealth if a new no-credit mission system went into place. I think Jux is already prepping for that...

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-04 21:39   
Quote:

On 2004-03-04 04:59, Barthezzz wrote:

This will also unbalance any future economic system that might be added. Perhaps Credits should be reset? :wink:

Heck no! Some of us work hard, to the exclusion of playing or doing anything else just to earn credits. Anyone determined enough to work at it could make just as much money, but most people play the game for fun, killing and fighting. If you aren't willing to dedicate a month or two to nothing but credit making, don't complain when you aren't at the top of the list.

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-05 02:04   
Quote:

On 2004-03-04 21:39, Pentara wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-03-04 04:59, Barthezzz wrote:
This will also unbalance any future economic system that might be added. Perhaps Credits should be reset?

Heck no! Some of us work hard, to the exclusion of playing or doing anything else just to earn credits. Anyone determined enough to work at it could make just as much money, but most people play the game for fun, killing and fighting. If you aren't willing to dedicate a month or two to nothing but credit making, don't complain when you aren't at the top of the list.

I would advice you to read a post before turning into a whiney school girl.

I have 7 million Credits, i worked really hard to get them...Boy was pressing CTRL+O hard...
I'm quite sure you worked this hard as well...

Ill admitt though, ill hate losing my credits. Even though it is a sacrifice im willing to make.
The game will be a lot more interesting with a working Economy System.
And it wont work if like 150 people already have over a million. :/

Of course if anyone in the game actually worked hard for their credits like normal prestige then it would be a whole diffrent story.
But face it, we all just farmed Defense Missions to reach the amount of credits we have now...

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz on 2004-03-05 03:28 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Octurion
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-05 09:25   
I dont uderstand why having 30 million is all that. The most I have even had is alittle over a million and most of the time I have 400k-800k.

And you know what?
I am able to mod just fine.

Heck it is even cheaper to mod ship now because everything sells to the starport at full price. The other day I fully modded an ICC assuilt dread. I belive I spent a whole 25-30k on it, thats alot less then the 100k that I would spend before the patch. SO I am happy with the 488844 Credits I have now as that all I need.

Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-05 14:42   
I'm sorry if that sounded like a whine, it wasn't intended as such. Simply put, while I can't speak for everyone else, I know that I don't play DS for shooting/killing anymore, but prefer to sit like a spider in the center of my web of contacts and make money through trade and commerce. I've also truly worked as you put it at making money, and not with defense missions only. I've actually spent hours doing non stop scout missions in the old system to make a paltry million credits.

While I'm sure the new economic system Faustus plans on implementing some day will change things alot, what I'm saying is that you cannot simply wipe everyone's credits just like that. Credits, like every other part of your profile, is one attribute you work at, and reseting them would be the same as reseting your profile. While you might welcome such a thing, you would be a minority since we have had this discussion before hundreds of time and the majority of DS players do not want a profile reset.

While I agree with you that a new economic system might work better with a credit reset, if such a thing occurs, appropriate recompense will have to be awarded to players for their current standing in the credit rankings.

Page created in 0.023301 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR