No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Another wormhole suggestion (for 1.482)...new station
 Author Another wormhole suggestion (for 1.482)...new station
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-03 18:52   
How about a different type of station for wormholes? I really think this new device warrants a new type of station.

I'm basing this on a few factors, #1 and most important being - we need more stations! Everyone agrees on that. One station just isn't enough choices. I like the idea of support stations, I like how they carry reloads. Now let's make some more

I suggest a 'wormhole station' as a 2nd station. Get rid of the wormhole on the support station, give it to 'wormhole stations', and limit their offensive weapons the way interdictors do. You know how interdictor cruisers fit into a fleet? They're very useful to the fleet, but the pilot sacrifices most combat capabilities and is really commiting himself to the role. I'd like that same sort of commitment for wormhole use. It's an awfully powerful device that can allow sneak attacks deep into enemy territory. That's an even more powerful ability than an interdictor cruiser.

(we'd also have to eliminate ICC's jump cruiser. Let's face it, the jump cruiser got a wormhole only because of it's name and the fact that it had no real role before. Viola! Instant role!)

Support stations have a sort of 'support' role already with their reloads, even though they aren't really used as support only. I can see how wormholes can fit a support role and stay on a support station, but I think it's a really good excuse to start designing new stations

I dare suggest other stations here too such as carrier stations, but after witnessing the major lag fest that was the Okag/Gofagac battle earlier, I won't. Carrier dreads wield the ultimate DS weapon: lag.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2004-03-04 12:40 ]

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-03-03 19:10   
I think the Wormhole Drive suits stations.

I like the ICC Jump Cruiser having a Wormhole drive. Believe me, it's inconvenient having such a limited drive on a Cruiser. It's not out of balance at all IMHO...

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-03 20:15   
Oh it's not out of balance at all! It just doesn't suit a cruiser. I'm saying the JC got it because it's named 'jump cruiser' and up until now that name was meaningless.

And the wormhole would stay on a station, just a different one. All we have right now is one station, so naturally that one station gets the wormhole. I'm proposing a slight change, and who knows they may already be planning this for 1.482.

Page created in 0.007364 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR